Home

Will Madden 10 force gamers to have creative offensive schemes?

This is a discussion on Will Madden 10 force gamers to have creative offensive schemes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 03-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
Rookie

nsilvano21's Arena

OVR: 4
Will Madden 10 force gamers to have creative offensive schemes?

I know that EA is shooting for sim style play but do u guys think it will really eliminate plays that dominate the game this year like using the run and gun playbook. (hb toss, fb dive, flanker screens and curls) that's basically everyones gameplan this year. I'm hoping the sim gameplay that they are shooting for will force everyone to have a creative offense. I'm tired of running into the same scheme this year. Just hoping madden 10 won't have a group of plays that will be abused only becuz they are just about 99% guaranteed to pick u up chunks of yards everytime.
Same with the rocket catch. No one should be able to lob a pass up on 3rd and long or 4th and long and just have their receiver jump up and snag it for a first down. Too many people rely on this and it takes away from the football concept of the game. I'm just waiting for EA to announce sometime soon that the rocket catch won't be in the game anymore. I know they said it wouldn't be in 09 but everyone figured out how to do it. If they take it out for 10, gamers that rely on the rc might have to do some actual football plays, godforbid.

Bottom line is, if EA makes this game sim style to the point that u have to be creative, that will bring most of these "top gamers" back down to reality and they will have to actually think up plays and won't be able to rely on garbage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Will Madden 10 force gamers to have creative offensive schemes?

There will always be players who use this stuff as a default offense - whether it works or not. The ones who care enough to perfect the ways to run glitch plays and gimmicks will simply find new exploits in time.

The only permanent solution is finding like minded players and playing against them with self-imposed restrictions on gameplay and play calling to intentionally NOT use gimmicks and exploits...but if you don't want to do that, then online play anyway will ALWAYS be the same. Some players will be better at their manipulations of the AI and others will only be able to pull the BS against noobs, but make no mistake, even if EA makes a perfect football sim, there will be people who play for the sole purpose of finding and using glitches.

Its sad but true....
Old 03-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

A comprehensive play creation tool is the only way to fix this.

Adjustable zones, and pass rush lanes. Delayed blitzes, and custom man coverages.

Combine that with a cadence system that allows you to make quick adjustments prior to the snap and you will be able to own the simple offenses.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
Rookie

nsilvano21's Arena

OVR: 4

Yea it's sad that it has to be that way in order to play glitch/exploit free
Old 03-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

the ability to modify a defense overall, not just pre play could help. But the solution will ultimatly be in the coding of the game.

There is a Defense to counter every singkle offensive play IRL. So hopfully that will be reflected in the game.

I am hoping. the info we have thus far is VERY VERY promising. The fact they seem to be focusing on the "SIM" aspect makes me very happy.

I am VERY sick to say the least of the cheeze stuff which has been around forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

If the deep ball doesn't come back it's going to be just as boring as 09... I understand that 10-15 play drives are great and all, but seriously, its like every other drive was a 10-15 play drive.... the deep ball was worthless.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7

The solution to this problem is to have user rating after an online game. Specifically, there should be an option called "glitcher" or "cheeser," so you can lable them such after playing them.

Further, if a person's "cheeser" etc rating is higher than 50%, that person should not have a rank.

This solves the problem on two counts

1- it forces the ranked players to play football seriously

2- it gives warnings to players before they play an idiot cheeser.

Why is this not in the game? This almost single handedly would make the online experience leagues better.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 27
Angry Re: Will Madden 10 force gamers to have creative offensive schemes?

I honestly hate people who use these exploits!
1. It takes the fun out of rankings and games in general.
2.It makes the games you play online feel "fake" in a way.
3. Most people that use these plays would not be good if they didn't have them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »