Home

Old 03-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Madden 09 Never saw this before

I've played hundreds of games of Madden 09 and I've never seen this play until today. Although it was unsucessfull , it was a great play. Ben fakes the hand of to the FB, the FB makes the dive into the endzone and Ben tosses the ball to the HB. It happens fast so you may have to watch it a few times. Very cool play, of course the play was stopped by the Chiefs.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4467755
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 09 Never saw this before

Yeah, it is an alright play. It works alright, better than other tosses in my experience.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I've played hundreds of games of Madden 09 and I've never seen this play until today. Although it was unsucessfull , it was a great play. Ben fakes the hand of to the FB, the FB makes the dive into the endzone and Ben tosses the ball to the HB. It happens fast so you may have to watch it a few times. Very cool play, of course the play was stopped by the Chiefs.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4467755
Fake FB HB Toss... it's been in Madden for a very long long time, including PS2 versions.

Works well if you have a fast HB and the defender run commits...
Old 03-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

A few observations:

1) The OL/DL interaction looks horrible. It's almost comical to see every offensive and defensive linemen go into the same blocking animation like they are carbon copies of each other. In real life, linemen fight for leverage and just try to create a logjam by trying to take out as many players at the goalline. There's a major difference between blocking for a HB dive from your 20 yard line on 1st and 10, and trying to ram the ball in at the goalline.

2) This applies to a broader observation, but I hate the way QBs just stand there after a play is run. I really wish they would get out of the way, or 'follow' the play in a sense. Would be cool to see them jump or dodge to get out of the way rather than 'slide' on the field when they are touched. Would also be awesome to see some QBs try to block or disrupt the play.

3) Steelers probably could have scored going for the corner. At the very least, he'd be facing one CB instead of a dogpile

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »