Home

Old 03-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 10 the Book that comes with Game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Remember a few years a go when you bought Madden it would come with a booklet 25-30 pages. Contained within the booklet was tidbits about the new features, control scheme, description of the different modes and mini games. Somewhere along the line the booklets disappeared from our games only to be replaced with pamphlets 2-3 pages with little detail.

So here's the question do you miss the booklet? Do we need it or do the in game demo's make up for the lack of written detail?

I know there is probably little that can be done about including a booklet in Madden 10 because all efforts where probably already budgeted for this project. But what about an E-booklet that we would be able to download and printout before or as the game ships?

It wouldn't take that much time, and it wouldn't cost that much money. It would have a major impact on a large percentage of your customer base.

If I'm the producer I would find a way to make this happen. Who knows, eventually all other EA Sports follow suite.
It's all about them dead presidents my friend. Why would EA package a 30 page booklet with the game when they can charge you $20 for a official strategy guide?
Old 03-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #10
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

Stratagy guides are a rip off but sell at least 400,000 copies opening day for around 10-15 bucks each another 4-6 MILLION dollars in EA's pockets. At least let us print our own guide that tells us what does what so I can reference it during my game.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

I like doing everything without the book first. Now that I think about it maybe that is why my bookcase legs are in the middle and the shelves are on the outside.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 06:48 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Usually you can tell a lot by a game by the manual. If it's thick you can pretty much bank out the game being a quality product.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:48 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 21

there should absolutely be something online that compliments the bare-bones instruction booklet.

there should be no hidden anything in madden... meaning, why don't the devs clearly explain how every rating works? which ratings work against each other? (ie: route running vs man coverage) or, how about whether or not fumbling is possible while holding protect ball while juking? or, how to kick an onside kick? Unfortunately, there's a lot of this hidden stuff in madden for no good reason...

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 03-26-2009, 06:49 PM   #14
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

I agree....A game as complicated as Madden (well complicated to the casual user) should have a more elaborate manual. It's unacceptable to have only 3 pages worth of information for ANY game,let alone a complex football game with tons of controls.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #15
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump101
It's all about them dead presidents my friend. Why would EA package a 30 page booklet with the game when they can charge you $20 for a official strategy guide?
Becasue Prima makes the stragy guides, not EA.

Strat guides also are just that, for stratagy. Madden needs a proper instruction booklet. HOW TO PLAY THE GAME.

Also in regards to an E book, while I like the idea and I am by no means picking on it on thudias, I would like to remind people here that:

NOT EVERYONE HAS INTERNET ACCESS.

I know, its a crazy concept when you do, everyone should, but the don't and a LOT of gamers I know play offline. As it wa said before the Instruction booklet is a staple to the product you buy. EA provied one, but they are of very poor quality. I don't expect a break down of stratigic terms but HOW to play franchise, superstar, create a player, get online, set upa game, what is going on on screen, etc are needed for new players. I am madden Vet and I know about smart routes, formation audibles and other little things. I know what they do and how to use them.

The Madden 09 booklet for my 360 doesn't even tell me there ARE smart routes and formation ausibles, let alone how to use them. Look through pages 1-4 of your booklet and show me if I am wrong. Also, they forgot to tell you that the right trigger lets you flip the play in your play calling screen.

They show you what the player weapons are but not what they mean or how they alter gameplay at all. A stratagy guide should tell you things like "A big hitter linebacker isn;t nearly as usefull as a brickwall defender. Brickwall defenders almost never miss a tackle and are needed to bring own the most elusive backs like Adrian Peterson. A big hitter will increase the chance of a fumble or a big play but a Brickwall defender will help ensure you don't allow a big play off of a broken tackle," and so forth. The booklet should tell you what they DO. I know that weapons are rather self explaintory, but a little blurb would be nice. For example:

Speed Reciver: This wepon indicates the recivers in the NFL who posses elite speed and are better able to burn defenders in the open field.

Again I know it is rather self explanitory, but younger/newer gamers may think that these weapons are bonuses rather than just identifyers.

In my Madden 04 booklet they spent 13 pages just explaining:
Geting started
Command Reference
Basic Controls
Complete Controls
Setting up the Game
-Main menu
-Play Now

this is the length of the entire 09 booklet.

04 continues with
Playing the game
Franchise
Other Game modes
-tournament
-min camp
-to minute drill
football 101
practice
situation
Features
My Madden
-EA Soprt Bio
-Madden Card
-Stat Book
Gameplay Settings
-System Setings
Saving and loading
Profile Manager
Limited 90-day warranty.

All this added up to 42 pages. I know soem things are gone, or changed but 14 page adn 42 is a big difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »