Home

Ian's team showing great progress: THE PITCH (PLEA) FOR A PLAY EDITOR.

This is a discussion on Ian's team showing great progress: THE PITCH (PLEA) FOR A PLAY EDITOR. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-25-2009, 05:28 PM   #17
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Ian's team showing great progress: THE PITCH (PLEA) FOR A PLAY EDITOR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
while i am ALL FOR anything that stops cheating or at leasts disrupts it enough. I feel a play editor is a great idea, but also opens up way too many other areas for exploits etc.

I think the best thing is to just tighten up the AI. Put the Ol undera microscope and address the areas that are usually exploited the most.

Know being a realist, i know cheating will NEVER go away and there probably is no way to really make it go away mainly because there is no penalty for doing it. If they would imput a system where a cheater is exposed and then actually penalized for doing it, maybe it will deminish.

My distain for cheaters is beyond description and i would love a system where they would be exposed. For example, after a specified number of complaints that persons GT whould have a huge "CHEATER/EXPLOITER" logo next to it so we know to avoid him. But they would certainly find ways around that as well. I mean they cheat for a reason and we all know alot of them spend countless hours in practice mode just to find ways to CHEAT.

I hope there is a way EA can do something. And i know they most likly hate cheaters as much as we do.

Did i mention how much i hate cheaters/exploiter? Not sure if i got that point across......
I concur, cheaters suck. I am more interested in league play, myself, because then you can self regulate cheating. I don't do lobbies or ranked games because it's impossible to avoid small children.

More to the point, with league play you get a more realistic look at your opponents. You'll play them more regularly and learn their tendencies, just like real football. That's where having your own offense comes into play.

I don't want to jam custom playbooks into ranked games, or even custom games. I ONLY WANT IT AS AN OPTION FOR CUSTOM LEAGUES.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
while i am ALL FOR anything that stops cheating or at leasts disrupts it enough. I feel a play editor is a great idea, but also opens up way too many other areas for exploits etc.

I think the best thing is to just tighten up the AI. Put the Ol undera microscope and address the areas that are usually exploited the most.

Know being a realist, i know cheating will NEVER go away and there probably is no way to really make it go away mainly because there is no penalty for doing it. If they would imput a system where a cheater is exposed and then actually penalized for doing it, maybe it will deminish.

My distain for cheaters is beyond description and i would love a system where they would be exposed. For example, after a specified number of complaints that persons GT whould have a huge "CHEATER/EXPLOITER" logo next to it so we know to avoid him. But they would certainly find ways around that as well. I mean they cheat for a reason and we all know alot of them spend countless hours in practice mode just to find ways to CHEAT.

I hope there is a way EA can do something. And i know they most likly hate cheaters as much as we do.

Did i mention how much i hate cheaters/exploiter? Not sure if i got that point across......
Have to be careful with this. I'm a straight sim player, I never use an exploit, or anything along those lines, yet on occasion I have been accused of cheating by a player who was a bit too ignorant about what he was seeing. Some people who are just not very good at the game will be quick to yell CHEATER even though no cheating has taken place, just because they are on the wrong end of a beat down.

It would be nice if EA had a way of tracking cheating without actually relying on the community to point them out. I'd be pissed if I got a "Cheater" sticker next to my name because some newb labeled me incorrectly.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:17 PM   #19
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Have to be careful with this. I'm a straight sim player, I never use an exploit, or anything along those lines, yet on occasion I have been accused of cheating by a player who was a bit too ignorant about what he was seeing. Some people who are just not very good at the game will be quick to yell CHEATER even though no cheating has taken place, just because they are on the wrong end of a beat down.

It would be nice if EA had a way of tracking cheating without actually relying on the community to point them out. I'd be pissed if I got a "Cheater" sticker next to my name because some newb labeled me incorrectly.
That's the trick isn't it? It's kind of like flags on Craigslist. There are alot of legitimate posts on craigslist that get flagged by people who just want a higher position on the page.

Age verification would help. But even then there are some grown ups who play like 10 year olds...
Old 03-25-2009, 07:50 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 23

Ideally I would want a play editor that lets lets you make anything you want, including triple options and other goofy stuff. They could take a lead from the Front Page Sports: Football play editor, which was nearly perfect, but just lacked the option to make option plays.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #21
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Ideally I would want a play editor that lets lets you make anything you want, including triple options and other goofy stuff. They could take a lead from the Front Page Sports: Football play editor, which was nearly perfect, but just lacked the option to make option plays.
With all the people running the "Wildcat" there's no reason you couldn't have some option in your offense. It would be hard to run as a base set in the NFL, but as a change-up to throw people off I think it has merit.

I agree with the Front Page analysis. That would be the ideal tool, plus the option pitches of course.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 08:22 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
With all the people running the "Wildcat" there's no reason you couldn't have some option in your offense. It would be hard to run as a base set in the NFL, but as a change-up to throw people off I think it has merit.

I agree with the Front Page analysis. That would be the ideal tool, plus the option pitches of course.
I will continue to claim that Michael Vick, Warrick Dunn and Jerious Norwood could have run the triple option successfully in ATL.

Wildcat very much needs to be in Madden 10 in one form or other. I'm hoping that all the teams that ran it will have their own versions in the game, so the Dolphins will have it with Ronnie Brown, the Eagles will use Jackson, the Browns will use Cribbs, etc.

Two teams that should have run the wildcat in real life but didn't are the Chargers with LT (we might see it this season if he;s healthy) and the Redskins with Randel El.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:25 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Its kinda funny, but after reading your first sentence I thought back to this very game that I used to play on my Amiga a long long time ago... I don't think I remembered the name but after seeing you post the title it all came back to me Great game and yes that editor was ahead of its time.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Its kinda funny, but after reading your first sentence I thought back to this very game that I used to play on my Amiga a long long time ago... I don't think I remembered the name but after seeing you post the title it all came back to me Great game and yes that editor was ahead of its time.
I have the '97 version, and I'm kind of annoyed that the it doesn't work with Windows Vista.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »