Home

Ian's team showing great progress: THE PITCH (PLEA) FOR A PLAY EDITOR.

This is a discussion on Ian's team showing great progress: THE PITCH (PLEA) FOR A PLAY EDITOR. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Ian's team showing great progress: THE PITCH (PLEA) FOR A PLAY EDITOR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
I have the '97 version, and I'm kind of annoyed that the it doesn't work with Windows Vista.
Yeah Vista blows... was this a windows game or a dos game? You can try using a dos emulator like DOSBOX if it was a dos game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #26
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
I will continue to claim that Michael Vick, Warrick Dunn and Jerious Norwood could have run the triple option successfully in ATL.

Wildcat very much needs to be in Madden 10 in one form or other. I'm hoping that all the teams that ran it will have their own versions in the game, so the Dolphins will have it with Ronnie Brown, the Eagles will use Jackson, the Browns will use Cribbs, etc.

Two teams that should have run the wildcat in real life but didn't are the Chargers with LT (we might see it this season if he;s healthy) and the Redskins with Randel El.
Well if there was a group that could have done it, it would have been them. Ends in the NFL are REALLY fast, but not superhuman. You may be right.

Zorn is married to his system. Thing is, that team is built for play action: smallish but fast WRs, great HB, and a strong armed QB with a slower wind-up type release. But Zorn wants to run the West Coast which works better with big, run after the catch type WRs and a QB with a snappy release.

Square peg in round hole. It's too bad too, because I think Washington has a Superbowl nucleus, and are a few linemen away from greatness.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:47 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Really? I think the demand for a play editor and the ability to create custom playbooks (not necessarily the same thing) has been out there for a very long time.

I'm certain that some solution to this will be provided by Madden 11 at the latest, the big question is in what game modes shall it be allowed to function?

I'm thinking this:

On-Line Ranked Games: NO
On-Line Custom Games: YES (option)
On-Line Leagues / On-Line Franchise: YES (option)

Simple as that. You don't piss off the Ranked game community and you make the other part of the community very happy.
I meant "wanting it online." I would love to be able to create plays/playbooks. It would make playing offline a lot better.

I just don't see them allowing it online, regardless.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:59 AM   #28
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
I meant "wanting it online." I would love to be able to create plays/playbooks. It would make playing offline a lot better.

I just don't see them allowing it online, regardless.
Yeah but why? If you play league then you have rules that everyone agrees upon.

Again this is about options, not forcing anything on anyone. I want to play against lots of people that I don't know, I want to see 20 different versions of the West Coast. I simply don't know that many people that I can invite to my house!

Please let us have this option. It greatly increases the replay value of the game.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #29
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Cosign... give me back the ability to think I'm Bill Walsh again. Designing my own offense was one of the addicting aspects of the PS2 version and one of the primary reasons I never switched to 2k5.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'd like a play editior if it was as great and encompassing as discussed by the orginial poster....

but thats hard to do.. mostly because all the AI has to be sooooo tight or there will be some sort of loop or bug or glitch that EVERYONE will exploit, some weird direct snap, reverse, screen, or ridiculous route will end up dominating online play

Ian clearly stated in a thread that still active that the Madden team is basically done with the "idea" phase and are into the implimentation, clean up, and debug phase...

With no word what so ever on custom play books i kinda doubt the likely hood of it.

But if the game turns out awesome and they fix franchise mode/progression... then we can yell and yell until Custom Playbooks is at the top of the 2011 to-do list.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #31
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Cosign... give me back the ability to think I'm Bill Walsh again. Designing my own offense was one of the addicting aspects of the PS2 version and one of the primary reasons I never switched to 2k5.
Me too. And that's a big compliment coming from you, I'm a big fan of your posts.

I also stayed with Madden because of the play editor. There's nothing more satisfying after you've had your butt kicked than going home, getting in the lab and making some changes to get after the guy who beat you.

Then come back and hammer him a week later with your new plays! I miss that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 23

I've posted loads of ideas for plays in this thread on the Backbreaker forums lol, I'm Cryomaniac on there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »