Home

Response To The Design Team [ Madden 10 Screenshot]

This is a discussion on Response To The Design Team [ Madden 10 Screenshot] within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: How Do You feel About My Madden 10 Screenshot Response?
Great Post! 40 63.49%
I Don't Care Much 23 36.51%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2009, 05:24 AM   #17
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Response To The Design Team [ Madden 10 Screenshot]

normally i dont care about this stuff, but the fact that they got so much stuff out of place is something to observe.

i am waiting on gameplay footage though.

man EA is under a microscope
Old 03-25-2009, 07:53 AM   #18
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Might be a little too nitpicky but good points nonetheless.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I like the details and all, but it's just not something I go very deep with when playing a game.

Some people do, though.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:40 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 10

Well Micheal Young Has Responded to the screenshot here

He Says:

Towels
Authentic player towels are in and fully animating, complete with Wilson and NFL Equipment logos. They can be assigned to any player, but can not be moved to the middle of the body (unfortunately due to major clipping issues that were occurring).
Old 03-25-2009, 03:07 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 13
Icon11 Re: Response To The Design Team [ Madden 10 Screenshot]

Im not too fussed about the stuff you pointed out but i can appreciate that you and others might... my 2cents:

though im not too bothered about the "small" discrepancies to the game and real life (gloves not tape on a de's hand) i often wonder if the players in question always wear the same accesories?!?! i personally play alot of soccer and am always changing my cleats/shin guards etc... so im never convinced when i see one photo of a guy that that is how he's always attired.

Great amount of thought, time and execution on the post though- big props
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
Im not too fussed about the stuff you pointed out but i can appreciate that you and others might... my 2cents:

though im not too bothered about the "small" discrepancies to the game and real life (gloves not tape on a de's hand) i often wonder if the players in question always wear the same accesories?!?! i personally play alot of soccer and am always changing my cleats/shin guards etc... so im never convinced when i see one photo of a guy that that is how he's always attired.

Great amount of thought, time and execution on the post though- big props
I Appreciate the props but when i googled Travis LaBoy.....was in black gloves at all times in all his photos and never in tape

I Researched everything before i made the post to make sure my points were valid and also i respond to a guy who had the same issue but with referees who change to long pants and long sleeves when its cold
Old 03-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

Yes, good post, you've certainly answered my only concerns. For someone that doesn't pay attention to detail you certainly have a nack for it
Old 03-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think it's great that we've gotten to the point where he can be so particular about making sure all the accessories are 100% right.

However, at this point in time I don't think it should be a priority. You probably spent a lot of time (nice work, btw) putting together your examples, Blazin4QB, and I would imagine that ensuring the complete and total accuracy of accessories on all the players in Madden 10/11/12/etc. would take an equally cumbersome amount of time. I think that time would be better spent working on other aspects of the game that are more pressing or that bother a wider fan base (gameplay, franchise, TV-style presentation).

Granted, they could hire somebody just to look this stuff up (or even to make note of recommendations from people like you) but that still costs time to find the employee and money to pay her/him which I think EA would be a bit hard pressed to find.

To be clear, I have no problem with pursuing the total accuracy of accessories. I just think that what we have in that department is "good enough" and EA would be better served spending their money and man hours on more significant issues of the game and address the minutia when they've got gameplay, franchise, online franchise and TV-style presentation down pat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »