Home

Bashing EA / Response from Madden Dev. Crew

This is a discussion on Bashing EA / Response from Madden Dev. Crew within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2009, 12:07 AM   #9

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Bashing EA / Response from Madden Dev. Crew

again, just because they don't comment doesn't mean they don't take note.

You mention that we all work and come here and make suggestions. Remember, any time they spend on here is their free time as well.

I seriously doubt they have a period of time at work they have to go online to various forums and respond to all threads they find interesting.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:09 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 26

I agree that anytime you don't act overjoyed about something the EA team posts some of these OS internet thugs come out attacking you and labeling you a *****. It's not that anyone is attacking EA, Ian, Phil, Donny or any of the rest of the crew. All we are saying is that this game has been sub-par for almost 4 years so why do we have to be "haters" when we don't jump on the bandwagon at the first sign of change.

Look at it this way. If you knew a woman who was in a abusive relationship, but she kept going back to her boyfriend because he said "I'm sorry baby. I promise it won't happen again. Please come back" you would say that girl was stupid for continuously going back. Yet here on the Madden board after 4-5 years of developers coming out and saying "This game will be great. Wait and see guys. This new $#!t is groundbreaking" we are supposed to start screaming for joy because their doing it again?!??!?!

The so called "haters" are hoping just as much as everyone else that Ian and crew come out and drop a bad *** game with great graphics, new features, deeper franchise mode, etc but we are going to hold off on shouting hallelujah until we see some vids of actual gameplay. Not words and carefully orchestrated screenshots.

Everything that has been verified so far to be new to the game is great and I applaud the developers for doing what they have done so far, but there is still a long way to go people. We all on the same team "haters" and "blind optimists" alike so please respect it.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
And no its you have a better chance at a response in a thread than in a PM.
I was talking about getting your comment read, not necessarily responded to.

Kehlis put it nicely:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
again, just because they don't comment doesn't mean they don't take note.

You mention that we all work and come here and make suggestions. Remember, any time they spend on here is their free time as well.

I seriously doubt they have a period of time at work they have to go online to various forums and respond to all threads they find interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #12
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieTheD
Maybe they are working on the game instead of constantly surfing the forums and responding to every "HEY IAN!!!" thread?

Seriously though, constructive criticism is fine. No one is disputing that. I think people are annoyed when they say something positive about Madden 10's outlook and then get lambasted for being "EA lovers." It goes both ways. If you (not necessarily you, seriousluboy83, but anyone who is on the not so impressed with EA side) don't want to be harassed for being an EA basher don't rip on people for being an EA lover. Same goes vice versa. There are people who like what they've heard so far and people that don't.

On a similar note, I think with EA's extra effort to reach out into the community there is n ow this expectation that everyone who signs up for an OS account has the right to a personal Q&A with the development team. IMO, some perspective is needed. It's great they are reaching out, because they definitely don't need to. At this point they established some expectations that wide-spread questions and concerns are addressed (see: towels). It is fair to expect such responses to continue, but as I mentioned earlier I don't think it is fair to demand or even expect that Ian respond to every single question out there. After all, he does have a game to work on.

That being said, the PM is there for a reason. I would assume that you'd have a better shot at getting your opinion/comments/questions read via PM than a "HEY IAN!!!" thread (which always seem to end in flame wars). I'm not saying that everything will be answered, but it's easier for them to keep tabs on PMs than it is to sort through every single page of every single thread.

The old adage that says you will catch more bees with honey, than, say, telling them to "kiss *** and kick rocks."

did the PM thing no respone there either....and as far as the kick rocks thing that's to all wit "bashing" comments for this particular post....being a EA lover/***** is irrelevent to me as i said if it's bad enough "bashing" MODS will delete it....
Old 03-25-2009, 12:14 AM   #13
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
I agree that anytime you don't act overjoyed about something the EA team posts some of these OS internet thugs come out attacking you and labeling you a *****. It's not that anyone is attacking EA, Ian, Phil, Donny or any of the rest of the crew. All we are saying is that this game has been sub-par for almost 4 years so why do we have to be "haters" when we don't jump on the bandwagon at the first sign of change.

Look at it this way. If you knew a woman who was in a abusive relationship, but she kept going back to her boyfriend because he said "I'm sorry baby. I promise it won't happen again. Please come back" you would say that girl was stupid for continuously going back. Yet here on the Madden board after 4-5 years of developers coming out and saying "This game will be great. Wait and see guys. This new $#!t is groundbreaking" we are supposed to start screaming for joy because their doing it again?!??!?!

The so called "haters" are hoping just as much as everyone else that Ian and crew come out and drop a bad *** game with great graphics, new features, deeper franchise mode, etc but we are going to hold off on shouting hallelujah until we see some vids of actual gameplay. Not words and carefully orchestrated screenshots.

Everything that has been verified so far to be new to the game is great and I applaud the developers for doing what they have done so far, but there is still a long way to go people. We all on the same team "haters" and "blind optimists" alike so please respect it.

well said....100% agreed
Old 03-25-2009, 12:16 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
did the PM thing no respone there either....and as far as the kick rocks thing that's to all wit "bashing" comments for this particular post....being a EA lover/***** is irrelevent to me as i said if it's bad enough "bashing" MODS will delete it....
Very true about the mods.

As I mentioned above, I said I would think that PMs have a better chance at being read, not necessarily answered. With a PM, your comment goes right to them, instead of them needing to seek it out in a thread. Then again, this is only my best guess, but it seems logical enough for me.

As for getting a response, . I would assume they are swamped with work right now. A non-response may be more of a result of that than something more intentional. Again, just my best guess.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:25 AM   #15

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
As I mentioned above, I said I would think that PMs have a better chance at being read, not necessarily answered. With a PM, your comment goes right to them, instead of them needing to seek it out in a thread.
Exactly...Threads move down quickly, PM's they would have to manually delete whether or not they read them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 12:50 AM   #16
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

Quote:
Very true about the mods.

As I mentioned above, I said I would think that PMs have a better chance at being read, not necessarily answered. With a PM, your comment goes right to them, instead of them needing to seek it out in a thread. Then again, this is only my best guess, but it seems logical enough for me.

As for getting a response, . I would assume they are swamped with work right now. A non-response may be more of a result of that than something more intentional. Again, just my best guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Exactly...Threads move down quickly, PM's they would have to manually delete whether or not they read them.
and your response is appreciated....now it feels like we're communicating wit each other right instead of one of us talking to a wall....that's my main point

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »