Home

Bashing EA / Response from Madden Dev. Crew

This is a discussion on Bashing EA / Response from Madden Dev. Crew within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2009, 05:44 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Bashing EA / Response from Madden Dev. Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I wouldn't classify people that disagree with you or anyone else as OS Internet Thugs. By the same token, I wouldn't label anyone not thrilled with what they've seen thus far from Madden as a *****.

The problem lies here: when people get excited or enthused about something Madden related, they're not so much (though it does occur) criticizing others for not being excited. There isn't much, "Why the hell aren't you excited?!?" posts being made. But when people who aren't so ecstatic with what they've seen, they feel inclined to tell the excited folks to calm down and reiterate that they should not be happy yet. I don't think that it's fair for others to attempt to tell folks how to react to new Madden news.

You've kind of put yourself in your own box, Fade. You see, when you make a thread begging for online franchise, you get defensive with people who don't agree with you. I've seen it myself. You've even insinuated that people who don't care for online franchise are not sim gamers. You even went as far as to say the below:

So until the day they confirm online franchise, I really don't expect for you to be thrilled with any improvement that Madden and the team makes.

See, I enjoyed your first couple of vids. But more recently, it seems now you were just doing it for attention and to hopefully be recognized by the devs. No, I'm not contributing to my "***** high." LOL. It just seems as though you and a couple others are bothered by the fact the devs don't always comment on your threads/vids. I would think that one would be satisfied with the opinions of his peers.
Great Post rgiles36
Old 03-25-2009, 05:52 PM   #58
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
We all knew the attack was coming... I don't think he's hating on the fact they don't respond to his threads, he's just saying they appear to only respond to threads that make them look good while avoiding difficult questions. What I don't understand is why you had to come here and start spitting that venom, dude if you don't agree there is a constructive was to say it.

Fricking Internet Thugs
Please. We all knew it was coming? How prophetic.

I guess the OP didn't look in the threads about camera options and outside the football field where Ian answered some tough questions.

Also, there was a thread a few weeks ago where a person was complaining about Ian not responding to his request. Ian mentioned that they were finished with the idea part of Madden and now implementing those ideas. He said that he doesn't spend as much time in here because of that.

I'm sure he is putting in 12 hour days currently and the last thing I would want to do is to pour over every thread and respond to every thread, don't you agree?
Old 03-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 25

I am a realist. And as of now, as good as it sounds, i take it for what it is...Talk at this point.

Do we really think all of the things they are working on will be in Madden 10? Of course they wont (but you never know). But the fact we have a chance to hear info right from the source is a great thing. Ian and others have been here reguarly. We hear it right from the source people.

With that said, there is really only so much they can do. The game i plagued by issues left behind from a horrible team. Ian and Phil basically inherited a complete mess and it is going to take time. IMHO, i dont think we will even see what we want on this generation of consoles as there is not enough time to build a new engine for it in such a short development cycle. The engine currently is modified, but is pretty much out-dated. But that is what they have to work with and i think they are getting everything they can out of it.

If we can get a BETTER SIM game and if 65% of the lingering issues are resolved (and hopfully no new gamebreakers pop up) and the gameplay is improved....I would count that as a win.

Hating on EA is in some areas warrented as there are SO many of us who feel cheated, but the new team is not the ones to blame. I personally think they actually give a crap when the previous team obviously didnt.

We will see come august. But lets just keep our expectation LOW. Whats the worst that could happen? We get another average game? How would that surprise us?

Expect LOW and maybe we get a HUGE improvement and EA wins alot of us back.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #60
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRYder226
I think you should stop kicking rocks and kick your own ***, because your making a fool out of yourself by posting non-sense like this.

Because they don't post in your topic, also doesn't meant they didn't take notice, maybe they have nothing to say, because its worthless!
Worthless....I doubt that....my thread was on playmaker which alot of ppl voted to be removed....hitstick was also a thread I pointed out and it was voted heavily to be changed also....and so was the kicking thread started by Blazin....next

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
That, or they just have no time because they're too busy making a game....I guess some people will never be satisfied. One second they're cursing EA's name because the game's not up to par, the next second they're complaining because EA developers did not look at their particular thread....

It's a lose lose situation....I wouldn't want to be Ian and the guys...

Yea ur right some ppl will never be satisfied "you cant satisfiy everyone"....count me in there if you want and I do mean you....your opinion is irrelevent to me....i guess in your book everything wit madden these past couple of yrs is cake and ice cream....if so whoop-tidi-do....to each his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Ironic!
funny you say that....i admitted he was right...but like i said before it would be nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Please. We all knew it was coming? How prophetic.

I guess the OP didn't look in the threads about camera options and outside the football field where Ian answered some tough questions.

Also, there was a thread a few weeks ago where a person was complaining about Ian not responding to his request. Ian mentioned that they were finished with the idea part of Madden and now implementing those ideas. He said that he doesn't spend as much time in here because of that.

I'm sure he is putting in 12 hour days currently and the last thing I would want to do is to pour over every thread and respond to every thread, don't you agree?

I do....and I didnt see that thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I am a realist. And as of now, as good as it sounds, i take it for what it is...Talk at this point.

Do we really think all of the things they are working on will be in Madden 10? Of course they wont (but you never know). But the fact we have a chance to hear info right from the source is a great thing. Ian and others have been here reguarly. We hear it right from the source people.

With that said, there is really only so much they can do. The game i plagued by issues left behind from a horrible team. Ian and Phil basically inherited a complete mess and it is going to take time. IMHO, i dont think we will even see what we want on this generation of consoles as there is not enough time to build a new engine for it in such a short development cycle. The engine currently is modified, but is pretty much out-dated. But that is what they have to work with and i think they are getting everything they can out of it.

If we can get a BETTER SIM game and if 65% of the lingering issues are resolved (and hopfully no new gamebreakers pop up) and the gameplay is improved....I would count that as a win.

Hating on EA is in some areas warrented as there are SO many of us who feel cheated, but the new team is not the ones to blame. I personally think they actually give a crap when the previous team obviously didnt.

We will see come august. But lets just keep our expectation LOW. Whats the worst that could happen? We get another average game? How would that surprise us?

Expect LOW and maybe we get a HUGE improvement and EA wins alot of us back.

Oh plz brah dont do that expect the BEST from EA....cause if you dont next thing you kno the nut-huggers will be at your door-step wit pitchforks and shotguns

All-In-All I personally wanted to hear what they thought of those couple of threads I mentioned....so-be-it if ya'll wanna put me under the jail....oh well imma keep doin what i do inspite of what ya'll got to say....there will always be skeptics in the world always
Old 03-25-2009, 07:49 PM   #61
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

[

Yea ur right some ppl will never be satisfied "you cant satisfiy everyone"....count me in there if you want and I do mean you....your opinion is irrelevent to me....i guess in your book everything wit madden these past couple of yrs is cake and ice cream....if so whoop-tidi-do....to each his own

[/quote]

Uhmmm.....Ok? So because last year or previous years Madden wasn't that good, this year's Devs are OBLIGATED to answer EVERY SINGLE ONE of your threads? And that's a reasonable complaint to you?

I rest my case dude....Like you said, to each his own....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 08:56 PM   #62
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
[

Uhmmm.....Ok? So because last year or previous years Madden wasn't that good, this year's Devs are OBLIGATED to answer EVERY SINGLE ONE of your threads? And that's a reasonable complaint to you?

I rest my case dude....Like you said, to each his own....[/quote]

dawg not just my threads i named three other threads that were polls and OS users voted heavily on them and there wasnt any feedback from the dev. group....my taking to you is pointless cause your so tuned into your own little world you arent reading correctly

thread 1 - playmaker
thread 2 - hitstick
thread 3 - kicking
thread 4 - lazy bones or button smashing

only one of these threads was mine....so u see it's not just my threads dumb-*** it's a few different threads wit other owners....hell you might've even voted in one or all of these threads and you mean to tell me the input on these threads isnt important...
Old 03-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #63
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRYder226
I think you should stop kicking rocks and kick your own ***, because your making a fool out of yourself by posting non-sense like this.

Because they don't post in your topic, also doesn't meant they didn't take notice, maybe they have nothing to say, because its worthless!
oh yea forgot to get this in on you....stop flexin them keyboard muscles....tough guy on a computer....get serious
Old 03-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #64

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83

thread 1 - playmaker
thread 2 - hitstick
thread 3 - kicking
thread 4 - lazy bones or button smashing

only one of these threads was mine....so u see it's not just my threads dumb-*** it's a few different threads wit other owners....hell you might've even voted in one or all of these threads and you mean to tell me the input on these threads isnt important...
Did you miss the point that all decisions have been made and they are busy implementing them? Why comment about something they cannot change at this point?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »