Home

Bashing EA / Response from Madden Dev. Crew

This is a discussion on Bashing EA / Response from Madden Dev. Crew within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Bashing EA / Response from Madden Dev. Crew

Aight Im bout to touch on a very, very, very fragile subject....hence the title....BASHING EA....how come this is refered to so often even when a simple suggestion is made....get real ppl do you not understand constructive criticism....I kno some ppl may take it too far but as far as gameplay suggestion like the FB Dive video Blazin made....kick rocks....they're are comments and threads 10x worse that the EA crew has incountered....if it's really that serious tha OS mods will delete it....let them be in control of who's bashing who ya digg

Now on to my next topic RESPONSE FROM MADDEN DEV. CREW....I dont kno bout ya'll but I feel there are alotta valid topics taken place in here and it seems to me that the Madden Crew doesnt take note....we're working here too EA we have jobs like ya'll also and most of us when were at work or home were checking on the new things goin on wit Madden....giving suggestions, tips, ideas, etc....and it seems to me where wasting our breath....stll havent seen a dev. comment on the Kicking vid Blazin did....nor the playmaker vid I did....or the Hitstick vid(sry dude dont kno your name....shouts to you tho....I hate hitstick)homeboy did....can we plz see some type of response even if it's kick rocks....SOMETHING....and what's up wit NCAA having a community day....can we get that wit Madden....and I mean real ppl....none of ya'll work buddies and such....I guess plenty of ya'll gone say STOP BASHING EA HUH....we'll here's my response to ya'll KISS *** AND KICK ROCKS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Bashing EA / Response from Madden Dev. Crew

................Wow...........Relax dude
Old 03-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
Aight Im bout to touch on a very, very, very fragile subject....hence the title....BASHING EA....how come this is refered to so often even when a simple suggestion is made....get real ppl do you not understand constructive criticism....I kno some ppl may take it too far but as far as gameplay suggestion like the FB Dive video Blazin made....kick rocks....they're are comments and threads 10x worse that the EA crew has incountered....if it's really that serious tha OS mods will delete it....let them be in control of who's bashing who ya digg

Now on to my next topic RESPONSE FROM MADDEN DEV. CREW....I dont kno bout ya'll but I feel there are alotta valid topics taken place in here and it seems to me that the Madden Crew doesnt take note....we're working here too EA we have jobs like ya'll also and most of us when were at work or home were checking on the new things goin on wit Madden....giving suggestions, tips, ideas, etc....and it seems to me where wasting our breath....stll havent seen a dev. comment on the Kicking vid Blazin did....nor the playmaker vid I did....or the Hitstick vid(sry dude dont kno your name....shouts to you tho....I hate hitstick)homeboy did....can we plz see some type of response even if it's kick rocks....SOMETHING....and what's up wit NCAA having a community day....can we get that wit Madden....and I mean real ppl....none of ya'll work buddies and such....I guess plenty of ya'll gone say STOP BASHING EA HUH....we'll here's my response to ya'll KISS *** AND KICK ROCKS
The ultra realism that we crave will never be there. They want the game to be accessible to the masses and something to have Madden tournaments for. That's what makes them money.

Here's as good as an illustration I can give. Look at the classic Links series versus Tiger Woods. Links looks boring in comparison but gave the level of realism most sim people wanted. TW has the flash and glitz that generates much more cash for them in comparison.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
................Wow...........Relax dude

I agree EA doesn't have to respond your or anyone else threads cuz you have a idea. If they respond cool. If we don't O well. They probably looked at it but didn't respond like alot of people do.

Last edited by da bucs gm; 03-25-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:

Could someone translate that to English for Andy?

ty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 12:01 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Maybe they are working on the game instead of constantly surfing the forums and responding to every "HEY IAN!!!" thread?

Seriously though, constructive criticism is fine. No one is disputing that. I think people are annoyed when they say something positive about Madden 10's outlook and then get lambasted for being "EA lovers." It goes both ways. If you (not necessarily you, seriousluboy83, but anyone who is on the not so impressed with EA side) don't want to be harassed for being an EA basher don't rip on people for being an EA lover. Same goes vice versa. There are people who like what they've heard so far and people that don't.

On a similar note, I think with EA's extra effort to reach out into the community there is n ow this expectation that everyone who signs up for an OS account has the right to a personal Q&A with the development team. IMO, some perspective is needed. It's great they are reaching out, because they definitely don't need to. At this point they established some expectations that wide-spread questions and concerns are addressed (see: towels). It is fair to expect such responses to continue, but as I mentioned earlier I don't think it is fair to demand or even expect that Ian respond to every single question out there. After all, he does have a game to work on.

That being said, the PM is there for a reason. I would assume that you'd have a better shot at getting your opinion/comments/questions read via PM than a "HEY IAN!!!" thread (which always seem to end in flame wars). I'm not saying that everything will be answered, but it's easier for them to keep tabs on PMs than it is to sort through every single page of every single thread.

The old adage that says you will catch more bees with honey, than, say, telling them to "kiss *** and kick rocks."

Old 03-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieTheD

It's great they are reaching out, because they definitely don't HAVE to. <======fixed

That being said the PM is there for a reason. I would assume that you'd have a better shot at getting your opinion/comments/questions read via PM than a "HEY IAN!!!" thread (which always seem to end in flame wars). I'm not saying that everything will be answered, but it's easier for them to keep tabs on PMs than it is to sort through every single page of every single thread.

And no its you have a better chance at a response in a thread than in a PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #8
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
Could someone translate that to English for Andy?

ty

am I speaking ebonics to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by da bucs gm
I agree EA doesn't have to respond your or anyone else threads cuz you have a idea. If they respond cool. If we don't O well. They probably looked at it but didn't respond like alot of people do.

and your correct EA doesnt have to respond but it'll be nice

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »