Home

Old 03-25-2009, 10:32 AM   #17
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden 09 isn't so bad.

I personally never seen that glitch happen in Madden 09 (might try it later on today) so that was completely new to me.

But basically all I was just asking is what he felt about the vid. I wasn't trying to start a comparison.

Anyways, I have to disagree in madden gameplay seeming unchanged from year to year. Like in 09, the animations are probably the best in any madden game and they feel right. In 08 things moved way too fast and didn't really feel that much of a sim.

There are problems with madden of course, but I just think that some people over exaggerate at times. A person in another forum brought up a good point at how more problems with madden are brought to the front then problems in 2k8 since more madden players like to glitch while more 2k players like to play "with honor". I feel that that in a way has a lot to do with the problems in madden being known more then the problems in 2k5/8.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 03-25-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Here we go again, but...

ESPN2k5 - playing against CPU -NYG vs Chi, trailing 13-7 with 3 seconds to go, at own 20, Obviously I have to throw a bomb.

The defense should be Prevent, right, or SOME deep coverage, but NO, they call a 4-3 ALL OUT BLITZ and I hit Shockey for an 80 yard TD to win... Terrible!!! I was so excited until I replayed it and saw the blitz.

Thats an example of why Madden09 is the best football game ever. The AI , although not perfect, plays 100 % better. If Madden 09 had ESPN Berman highlights, weekly wrapups, no one would mention it again.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:35 AM   #19
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Lol dont turn this into a 2k5 vs madden war. Those issues were talked about when it was madden 05 vs 2k5. Now it donesnt matter the issues of 2k5, its what they tried to do that everyone now wants. People NEVER say 2k5 is perfect (stupid if they do) but they talk about the great things it did.

Your trying to start a war if your going to start on to these glitch issues games have. People dont worship 2k they worship 2k5. If there was a 2k9 and they had the issues believe me people would be bit**in. How do complain about a game thats 5 years old. If they are still playing it they have accepted the issues. Just like the op accepted the isses of madden and enjoy it anyway

Point is enjoy your game and dont try to bring 2k5 into it. Theres reasons people feel the way they do. Go research those threads dont try to start bashing 2k5.
I'm not trying to turn this into a madden vs. 2k war.

I like both games but all I'm saying is that both games have problems and also things I've noticed with how both are critiqued. Didn't mean for my posts to come off that way.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 35

GROSS.....
Old 03-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #21
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I'm not trying to turn this into a madden vs. 2k war.

I like both games but all I'm saying is that both games have problems and also things I've noticed with how both are critiqued. Didn't mean for my posts to come off that way.
I understand but just go look at mlb 2k9. Have you seen how bad that gets bashed? We bash whats current and not living up to standards. I dont think 2k5 should be critiqued hard against madden unless its madden 05. Then all bets are off because they are on even playing fields.

We just expect so much more of madden.
And im told mlb 2k9 isnt so bad but could be way better. So people just want to play the best game and dont get stuck as 2k fanboys. Except for football

Last edited by sb24; 03-25-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 10:44 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
I understand but just go look at mlb 2k9. Have you seen how bad that gets bashed? I dont think 2k5 should be critiqued hard against madden unless its madden 05. Then all bets are off because they are on even playing fields.

And im told mlb 2k9 isnt so bad but could be way better. So people just want to play the best game and dont get stuck as 2k fanboys. Except for fottball
Its not bad at all, and it could be way better
Old 03-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #23
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
I understand but just go look at mlb 2k9. Have you seen how bad that gets bashed? I dont think 2k5 should be critiqued hard against madden unless its madden 05. Then all bets are off because they are on even playing fields.

And im told mlb 2k9 isnt so bad but could be way better. So people just want to play the best game and dont get stuck as 2k fanboys. Except for football
Yeah I've seen a lot of vids of mlb 2k9. While the glitches in madden 09 are bad, the glitches in mlb 2k9 or worse imo (like the players magically going down the baseball field as if it were quicksand lol).

But yeah I get what you are saying.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #24
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Lol i did so many edits i got caught misspelling football and left out a point that tried to help it all make sence. Im glad you guys got my point anyway.

Id be willing to say if this was the last year of madden, there would be a finn editor(or something similar) for it.

FYI finns editor is whats used to update 2k5 rosters for those of you who do not play 2k5

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »