Home

Old 03-25-2009, 11:00 AM   #25
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 09 isn't so bad.

Madden 09 is a great game, it just needs a huge presentation boost and more fluid player to player interactions; right now it just feels like a bunch of cut scenes.

I was playing some 2k5 yesterday and it felt refreshing to see everything that you see on tv, in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #26
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Lol i did so many edits i got caught misspelling football and left out a point that tried to help it all make sence.

oh, the irony...
Old 03-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #27
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAreaper26
oh, the irony...
You would love to nitpick wouldnt you.
Ill just keep laughing at my inside joke(you know what it is) and you keep up calling out typos like they are important.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I'm just basically asking his opinion on the video since as we all pretty much know, if the glitch that was in the 2k5 video I posted in madden (even if it only had a "1 in a million" chance of happening), people would be saying "Madden sucks!", "EA sucks!", etc...

I just find it funny that a lot of the problems that 2k football games had (overpowered running game, bad zone coverage, etc..) are never mentioned and/or talked about as much as problems in madden games.
I think if Madden did have more presentation people wouldn't talk so badly about it. 2k delivered in that department big time as we all know. I just never felt that wow factor with Madden. Year after year Madden has left a bad after taste. However, I have confidence in this new team and I think they will deliver. Just my .2 cents.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

*Entertainment coming shortly*
Yeah, this won't end well...

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 03-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
The first vid reminds a lot of this vid of 2k5...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKuef1kwTrk

So do you think 2k5 is crap too??
Stupid comparision, that was a random thing in 2k5; the person who uploaded the vid say that it never happened in 3 years of him playing 2k5.

In the links to the vids I posted, the user did those ridiculous things on purpose. He completed a pass with 11 on 1 coverage, and ran over Terrell Suggs with a 160 pound running back with a zero strength rating.

So no, I don't think 2k5 was crap.

Last edited by Tito78; 03-25-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #31
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

OMG! Issac Bruce beat man coverage? Bruce out ran Defensive ends and Devensive tackles? All Bruce has to do is beat man coverage and he beats the play. everyoe is chasing him. The real problem is that your can't aslo assign for the safties to SHADE him on one side and the corners the other sifde to keep them from getting beat in Man. the lack of proper man assignments is the busted part. There is only one type of man coverage in Madden and hey all did what they were told. you could have had the 49ers covering him too. It still would have been beat.

That's not a flaw in man coverage but a lack of depth in assignments. They are AI players and they do what you tell them to. Then again I doubt you even understad what i'm saying.

I LOVE the line that ratting mean NOTHING. go to player editor and tell a Defensive tackle ot be QB and try throwing passes. See how far that gets you. Try throwing passes to TERRIBLE recivers and NOT user catching them.

The problem is that USER controls dominate the game and their rattings. I am sorry if this is new news to you.

Last edited by PGaither84; 03-25-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 09:28 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
OMG! Issac Bruce beat man coverage? Bruce out ran Defensive ends and Devensive tackles? All Bruce has to do is beat man coverage and he beats the play. everyoe is chasing him. The real problem is that your can't aslo assign for the safties to SHADE him on one side and the corners the other sifde to keep them from getting beat in Man. the lack of proper man assignments is the busted part. There is only one type of man coverage in Madden and hey all did what they were told. you could have had the 49ers covering him too. It still would have been beat.

That's not a flaw in man coverage but a lack of depth in assignments. They are AI players and they do what you tell them to. Then again I doubt you even understad what i'm saying.

I LOVE the line that ratting mean NOTHING. go to player editor and tell a Defensive tackle ot be QB and try throwing passes. See how far that gets you. Try throwing passes to TERRIBLE recivers and NOT user catching them.

The problem is that USER controls dominate the game and their rattings. I am sorry if this is new news to you.
Your defending those vids?

And theres a vid of Orlando Pace Catching passes. whats that tell you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »