Old 03-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Madden 09 isn't so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
You can find my Madden NFL 09 video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49IjASaj5Zg

Please, if any one can help me upload videos to OS, please PM me. Thank you.
LOL......
Old 03-31-2009, 01:15 PM   #50
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
The problem here is there is no middle ground. If you try and put some touch on your passes, it's going to shoot up in the air and hang up there forever giving a chance to the defense to catch up (I think they've rectified this for Madden 10). Watch players like Cutler or Joe Flacco, they hit a lot of intermediate passes and they put a lot of heat on their throws. You can throw a hard pass without it traveling in a direct line, but this wasn't really possible in Madden 09. Getting picked off by a LB when your WR is running up the seam of a cover 2 defense is annoying when you're trying to lead him. If you try and lob it, the safeties will have time to recover, if you throw the bullet, it might not get over the LB. I'm pretty sure one of the blogs Ian put out acknowledged this problem and is fixing it. It's not necessarily USER stupidity, it's an acknowledged flaw by the development team.
Exactly. And the passing touch is even worse in NCAA '09. You pretty much have two options in an EA football game: (1) Hard-as-I-freakin'-can bullet pass; or (2) lob toss like I'm throwing a bridal bouquet.

The reason passing can be exploited in Madden more than NCAA is that the former really allows you to lead receivers. I can tell Randy Moss to run a straight, and simply chuck it to a place on the field 40 yards away, and see if he can go get it. This part of the game actually is realistic, because you could do that in real life. The difference is that a real defense would also learn to put a safety there so you couldn't keep doing it.

NONE of the controls in current gen Madden are as responsive or as fluid as they were on PS2 or XBox, and that's the main thing that disturbs me. Not only has the gameplay not moved forward, it really has regressed. And if you don't believe me, crack open a manual for Madden 2005 or 2006 for PS2, and tell me you wouldn't rather have all of those control options to control linemen, as opposed to the garbage "power move"/"finesse move" crap we have now.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:46 PM   #51
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

man it's "rating" right? I kept seeing those double T's in ratting and it threw me off every single time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 01:50 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

All next gen maddens is trash. Every single one of them. Including 09.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:18 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Exactly. And the passing touch is even worse in NCAA '09. You pretty much have two options in an EA football game: (1) Hard-as-I-freakin'-can bullet pass; or (2) lob toss like I'm throwing a bridal bouquet.

The reason passing can be exploited in Madden more than NCAA is that the former really allows you to lead receivers. I can tell Randy Moss to run a straight, and simply chuck it to a place on the field 40 yards away, and see if he can go get it. This part of the game actually is realistic, because you could do that in real life. The difference is that a real defense would also learn to put a safety there so you couldn't keep doing it.

NONE of the controls in current gen Madden are as responsive or as fluid as they were on PS2 or XBox, and that's the main thing that disturbs me. Not only has the gameplay not moved forward, it really has regressed. And if you don't believe me, crack open a manual for Madden 2005 or 2006 for PS2, and tell me you wouldn't rather have all of those control options to control linemen, as opposed to the garbage "power move"/"finesse move" crap we have now.
THat was one of my main complaints, the way the football moves in the air, isnt realistic what so ever. Like you said, either a bullet pass, or an ephus pitch. No middle ground. You want to love it over the middle over the linebackers head to the TE or WR, you cant.

I dont know how many times we see this in the NFL, QB's lofting the ball right over the MLB so the reciever can catch it. Just cant do it. To me, thats a huge huge gameplay flaw. It takes away a big part of the passing game. Thats what QB's do alot.

Also, to the person comparing MLB2K9 to the EA football is this. While MLB does have its problems, its got promise. You can see that if they patch a few of their bugs it was released with, its going to be a pretty good game. When Madden got done patching, it was still a boring game. I didnt see anything positive outside of how the grass looks. Another thing is, while they have the exclusive, its not a first party exclusive and there is still another 09 baseball game out there with real MLB teams. You can still play with your favorite MLB teams if you own a ps3. No matter how bad i want to play with my Chiefs, there is no way i can find an alternative way to play a new football game having Matt Cassel as my Chiefs QB. Its just not possible. You have only 1 choice, no matter how rich you are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »