Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Breaking Down The First Screenshot

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Breaking Down The First Screenshot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #145
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Michael Young screen shot blog is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/03/24/ncaa-football-10-pocket-protection.aspx

If ncaa10 has got a pocket then so must M10 right?? here's hoping?!?!

NCAA Football 10: Pocket Protection

Posted On: Mar. 24, 2009 4:01 PM EST By: raczilla 37 Comments
Quick note before I get into the shots below; this is not the official post for NCAA Football 10 this week. Expect another drop of information really soon.
Hey NCAA Football Fans I wanted to jump in and show some work being done with the Offensive/Defensive Line play. Rather than just a bunch of stuff I read, figured it would be better to post some shots and comment a little on each one.

Well there you have it, a full pocket. You can see that both Offensive Tackles (OT) were able to ride the Defensive Ends (DE) or Linebackers (LB) out wide behind the Quarterback (QB) instead of just standing them straight up. This year we are giving the Tackles the ability to take a Defensive End wide around the QB in a realistic fashion.
First look at the right side of the line:

Here is a close up view of the LB being strung out wide by an OT; you can see the body lean as the LB is trying to get around the OT using a speed rush. Instead of being pushed once or twice and standing still you’ll notice the interaction between the OT and DE (or LB) play out in a more natural sequence.

Now let’s take a look at the other side of the line and the different rush style:

This example is showing an attempt to use a bull rush and muscle his way to the QB; however the OT is able to keep the DE at bay. And like on the other side of the line push him out wide to help create that pocket from the first screen shot.
All the above shots are from the same play to give an example of how things are progressing on the NCAA Football 10 game-play front. And before you ask this does mean we are working on the ability of the Defensive Line to get to the QB as well:

The edge rusher in this case was able to make a move back inside. Sorry to ruin the suspense… it ended in a sack.
We are still in the process of working how often the defender vs. the offensive line will win. Like how much does Finesse Moves factor against Pass Block Footwork? Or how often will AI defenders attempt special moves? And a number of other tuning issues. It is a high priority to the team right now to ensure our line play is balanced on both sides of the ball.
That is all for today... Check back in a few days for this week’s NCAA Football 10 Blog.

If NCAA 10 has a pocket, so will madden 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #146
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
The point is to replicate a tv broadcast which is on a camera. Makes sense doesn't it?

These views are going to be seen in replay and cutscenes along with replay cutscenes.
I don't believe that's been confirmed, although it would certainly help the look an awful lot.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #147
Rookie

c dizzy m baby's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Breaking Down The First Screenshot

I saw that the Steelers have changed it so single digit numbers will be on the helmet's strip, just wanted to point out that the Raiders do not have their helmets like that.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #148
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Breaking Down The First Screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by c dizzy m baby
I saw that the Steelers have changed it so single digit numbers will be on the helmet's strip, just wanted to point out that the Raiders do not have their helmets like that.
Not every team does it and im pretty sure they know this. They only pointed out the giants and steelers.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #149
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo
That is my concern. Lets hope we get a response.
What are you concerned with? We have already seen what the view looks like when actually playing.

― Plato
Old 03-25-2009, 07:27 PM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
As of last yeat in the nfl they removed any first initials from players with the same name. Goodell said that the numbers are how to differentiate the players so now all players with the same name on their jersey will go unchanged and have the exact same nameplate as the other players on the field with the same last name.
I think that Ray Lewis still wears the R.Lewis on his jersey (even though we don't have any other Lewis'), so does that mean they're only enforcing this in the future?

I'm pretty sure this picture is from last year because it has the white jerseys and black pants, but I'm not 100% sure, I may be wrong on this.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #151
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
I think that Ray Lewis still wears the R.Lewis on his jersey (even though we don't have any other Lewis'), so does that mean they're only enforcing this in the future?

I'm pretty sure this picture is from last year because it has the white jerseys and black pants, but I'm not 100% sure, I may be wrong on this.
Looks like he was the only one in the league because Goodell made it so that there was no need for it anymore. They were running with this "rule" if you will last year but I don't think they "enforce" it with any sort of penalty, it was just to remove cluttered nameplates on jerseys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 07:38 PM   #152
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
You can see sound? Im impressed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »