Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Breaking Down The First Screenshot

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Breaking Down The First Screenshot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #185
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
looks like another year of madden adding tiny lil small things....but not the MAJOR THINGS!! we still have players with generic faces....nfl 2k5 had players look like their real life counterpart....why cant...or wont EA do it for us!?!?

its sooo pathetic....every year the ppl at ea get us so excited for madden, then we buy it and it sucks....i played my game for 2 weeks. i would have traded it in but brett favre is on the cover and he is my favorite player.

does anyone remember last years hype...over 85 new features and enhancements making it the best madden in history...then we buy it...it sucks....and then we are told it sucks by the very ppl who made it as they promote how much better madden 2010 is!! the fact is...the best madden ever was 2005...when they had to compete with 2k5.

i am still playing 2k5.....waiting til the day ea steps up and takes all the amazing things that are in 2k5...and adds them into their game.

plain and simple...if madden doesnt want to suck again...they need to add this to their game...in no particular order.

1. USE THE ESPN LISCENSE! holy hell, you bought the thing 5 years ago....use it!! get chris berman, mel kiper, trey wingo...i dont care who....i dont care how....just put it in their. give us a sportscenter with highlights. or something!!

2. GRAPHICS!! ok the field and weather look great. its the players that suck!! as i pointed out earlier...its not that hard to make players look like their real life counterparts....if 2k did it on a old gen system...why cant you? also....why are the players so glossy?? i can understand the skin looking glossy to give the idea they are sweating...but really? the jersesys?? last time i checked, jersesy werent shiny and glossy looking as hell. does anyone dare to compare a screenshot of 2k5 vs madden 09 or 2010?? they would be so pissed!!

3. PRESENTATION!!! can we get more stat over lays please!! i want stats during the game on the my qb's and rb's and wideouts are doing....and the opposing team. defense too, playes tackles and sacks and etc. but dont stop their....if its early in the season...show and talk about last seasons stats. during games show and talk about how they played last week. this isnt hard EA!! 2k5 did it!! one thing i would like to see added that no game has had before is talking about a player if he has been traded. say i am playing a game against the cpu...and either that team just made a trade...or i just made a trade...talk about the new player coming over...and etc. if i am playing a divisional rival for the 2nd time that season....show stats of the first matchup...

4. TACKLING!! ok this one pissed me off when i played. 8 out of every 10 tackles is a major hit....thats not true to life. and ea had players flying backwards 5 feet. if this was true...players would be getting hurt all the time. what about players fighting for yards....or tackeling and falling forward. i am so sick of running a hb dive up the middle...and seeing him hit and fly back 2 yards!! THAT DOESNT HAPPEN!!!

so ya...many of these things were in 2k5....but that was the greatest football game ever!! its a shame madden has refused to give us what is essential to game play! every year i hope tho...i hope someone will come in...someone who played 2k5 and saw what was so amazing about it....and decide to put it in madden. besides...isnt this year's theme....everything you see on tv!?!? well this is it!! you see players faces!! you see alot of stats! you see highlights! you have a pregame, post game, and halftime show....and you have for the most part...good commentary. why dont you go get troy aikman and joe buck to do your commentary.

PLEASE EA!! DO SOMETHING..I AM SICK OF READING ABOUT HOW THERE WAS SO MUCH WRONG WITH LAST YEARS GAME AND THIS YEAR IS SO MUCH BETTER. I AM SICK OF READING ABOUT ALL THESE SMALL THINGS YOU ARE ADDING TO THE GAME THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN IT FOR YEARS SINCE OTHER GAMES HAD THEM. EX..(LAST YEAR ADDED GRASS AND PLAYS NOT OVER AFTER A TIPPED PASS....2K5 HAD THAT) THIS YEAR ITS REFS...WHICH MADDEN HAD TIL 2005......AND EVEN CONTINUED TO HAVE ON OLD GEN!!

I AM SICK OF YOU GETTING ME...AND MILLIONS OF OTHERS HYPED FOR YOUR NEW GAME..ONLY TO LET US DOWN....THEN HYPE US UP AGAIN THE NEXT YEAR....THEN LET US DOWN...THE CIRCLE NEVER ENDS....ANYTHING TO GET OUR $60 BUCKS RIGHT!?!?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #186
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Breaking Down The First Screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
looks like another year of madden adding tiny lil small things....but not the MAJOR THINGS!!
I stopped reading after that...

It's MARCH.

There's a bunch of more info to be said about the game.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:26 PM   #187
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm a 2K fan, too, and I'll admit the poster above has good points.

I like a lot of what I see so far. If they can transition this depth of field feature into quality presentation--nice TV style close ups, stats, crowd noise, quality and realistic commentary--then they've done an excellent job.

What I would hope Ian and Michael soon will do is this: post photos of lots of players (Madden photos of the players, not real life pics) and let us analyze them and give you our feedback. You already tweaked Big Ben and are going to tweak the ball...let us take a look at, say, Tom Brady or Albert Haynesworth or Roy Williams, etc, and let us tell you what looks great and what can be tweaked--from the player model size down to a mouthpiece or shoe color.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #188
Banned

OVR: 9
I'm just tired of EA sports always hyping the madden fans every year, and you basically get the same crap. what EA need to do is just swollow there pride and just mix up 2k/EA together. graphically 2K has the better graphics hands down. it would be so smart to just mix the two together and creat one hell of a football game.

1) Madden doesn't have any presetaion at all, it's boring halftime sucks you need to get creative already!

2) Answer this one ? for me why and the hell you guy's haevn't change the settings for the superbowl, it's teh same crap for 3 yrs now, are you kidding. seem like you guys are a bit lazy in that department. step it up already. i promise you will lose madden fans once 2k come back.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #189
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers94
I'm just tired of EA sports always hyping the madden fans every year, and you basically get the same crap. what EA need to do is just swollow there pride and just mix up 2k/EA together. graphically 2K has the better graphics hands down. it would be so smart to just mix the two together and creat one hell of a football game.

1) Madden doesn't have any presetaion at all, it's boring halftime sucks you need to get creative already!

2) Answer this one ? for me why and the hell you guy's haevn't change the settings for the superbowl, it's teh same crap for 3 yrs now, are you kidding. seem like you guys are a bit lazy in that department. step it up already. i promise you will lose madden fans once 2k come back.
Graphically madden is by far superior and has been since 08.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:01 PM   #190
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Jesus where did all these first time posters/2k lovers come from all of a sudden? Their posts show they clearly haven't been paying much attention to what has been announced so far.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:05 PM   #191
Rookie

OVR: 6

I am a 2k fan two and it is dumb why we don't have ESPN or some good broadcast. I don't want to hear chris Collinsworth or john madden comon ea lets get a real broadcast its been 5 years and we still have the worst broadcasting in any sports game. no halftime broadcasting. or end of the game either. and THE CROWD IS TERRIBLE THEY BETTER FIX THAT ITS SO QUIET IT I CANT HEAR ANY THING NO CROWD NOISE THATS PART OF FOOTBALL. i want ea to have things that 2k hasn't have already. also the franchise better be fixed and the superbowl better just be totally redone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #192
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG34
I am a 2k fan two and it is dumb why we don't have ESPN or some good broadcast. I don't want to hear chris Collinsworth or john madden comon ea lets get a real broadcast its been 5 years and we still have the worst broadcasting in any sports game. no halftime broadcasting. or end of the game either. and THE CROWD IS TERRIBLE THEY BETTER FIX THAT ITS SO QUIET IT I CANT HEAR ANY THING NO CROWD NOISE THATS PART OF FOOTBALL. i want ea to have things that 2k hasn't have already. also the franchise better be fixed and the superbowl better just be totally redone.
They have NFL network integration, I don't need espn I would LOVE to have the nfl network guys in a broadcast booth on the sidelines, something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »