Home

Ian please dont forget the Lions new look (Pic inside)

This is a discussion on Ian please dont forget the Lions new look (Pic inside) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 06:18 PM   #33
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Ian please dont forget the Lions new look (Pic inside)

Love the new design!!

Also, Ian, please don't let the Audio guys forget to put the Lion roar sound effect again for big plays. It hasnt been in Madden for years. Play some 2k5 and you can hear it.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #34
Rookie

c dizzy m baby's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgc201
Love the new design!!

Also, Ian, please don't let the Audio guys forget to put the Lion roar sound effect again for big plays. It hasnt been in Madden for years. Play some 2k5 and you can hear it.
Is the Panther's Growl in the game?
Old 03-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #35
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm such a traditionalist, that most times I'm seldom happy about a team changing logos, helmets, uniforms ect.

But I gotta say...I like the Lions new look.

Even as a Vikings fan, I wish the Lions better luck this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 07:25 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I'm such a traditionalist, that most times I'm seldom happy about a team changing logos, helmets, uniforms ect.

But I gotta say...I like the Lions new look.

Even as a Vikings fan, I wish the Lions better luck this year.
I tend to agree with you...it always takes me a few years to like the new uni's....except for when the Bronco's switched...that was needed.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 8

Poor lions, they even get stomped on in their own thread.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #38
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c dizzy m baby
Is the Panther's Growl in the game?
Not sure, but it should be. I've been playing 2k5 and 2k8 mainly.

I go to Lions games at Ford Field often and you always hear the ROOOOAAARRR! after a big play (not many roars last year..) But when I play madden and make a big play, there is no Roar. Seems like stadium specific sound effects should be extremely easy to implement. I'm surprised they left it out for so many years. Makes me wonder if the audio guys on the Madden team are much of football fans.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
1)Aside from Patriots, the Bears are the only other team that I know was 18-1 who is the other one?
1984 49ers. Their only loss was by a fg, and the destroyed the record breaking 14-2 Dolphins in the Super Bowl, 38-16. (Marino's 48 touchdown season). They allowed a total of 26 points in three playoff games (<9 per), including against one of the best offenses of all time (Dolphins scored 513 points, which was nearly unheard of back then).

Quote:
2) Yeah they were the defensive signals, and two things here. One after we got cought we had the greatest offense of all time, I guess the signal were not that much of a deal. Two we were punished for using a camera NOT for stealing signals, look it up yourself.
You had one of the greatest offenses of all time. It is hard to tell when your starters were in in the fourth quarter trying to run up the score when the game was decided. Your offense went from "greatest ever" in the regular season to "pretty good" in the post season.

The other great offenses didn't suddenly slow down because the competition got better in the playoffs: The 1994 49ers broke the record for post season points after going on a statistical tear to end the season similar statistically to the 07 Pats hot streak, the 1998 Vikings put up 27 against the good defense of Super Bowl runner up Falcons after butting up nearly fifty in the divisional round, the 1999 Rams were only slowed once during the post season, again nearly putting up 50 in the divisional round, the 1998 Broncos were dominant offensively except against the Jets, scoring more than 30 twice, the 1996 Packers scored at least 30 in every game, the 1989 49ers broke the record for point differential in the postseason (second highest point total, as well), the 1992 Cowboys scored 30+ in every playoff game, etc.

So, even with the offense I would be careful labeling "best ever."

Beating the crap out of a terrible division whilst keeping the starters on the field well into the 4th when the game has been over since halftime will skew the offensive statistics. And being great against crappy teams and then slowing against the good ones doesn't say a lot either (compare the 07 Pats offensive stats against the best teams vs the bad teams they played).

So, there is no question that the 07 Pats need to be mentioned among the best offenses of all time, but i wouldn't be so quick to say they are THE best, under the circumstances.

Last edited by 94niners; 03-25-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #40
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
I tend to agree with you...it always takes me a few years to like the new uni's....except for when the Bronco's switched...that was needed.
Yeah Thudias...I've gotten use to the Broncos unies.

But the Patriots, man..I still miss their old unies badly. I thought the Pats had one of the best helmet/unies combo in the league. I just loved the old AFL look.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »