Home

Old 03-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: Latest Blog Hidden features & Thank You To EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
One thing about that video and yo all know I don't give a lot of slack, is the fact that Ian even looks like he know he's lying. He's got that "Man I should be running this show" look to him
Damn it was that obvious? :P

Phil has taken up for me before on this, but there's nothing else we can say other than we have to do our job to sell the game when it comes to doing PR and interviews. I can be honest and say that it is really hard to do this when the overall vision of the game doesn't match your own, but you do what you can to get by. I don't think anyone here could rightfully me expect to do an interview with IGN where my key talking point is how I don't like X or Y.

I think you guys should be able to tell by now, 1,200+ posts later, that I'm not here for sales...I'm here for feedback and to make the game kick ***. Even still, I may do some interview in the future where I'm talking about stuff that a.) you don't care about or b.) you don't believe in. Such is the nature of this job.

There may actually be a worse video than that one I think...it was an interview I had to do for 06.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:37 PM   #58
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

Phil has taken up for me before on this, but there's nothing else we can say other than we have to do our job to sell the game when it comes to doing PR and interviews. I can be honest and say that it is really hard to do this when the overall vision of the game doesn't match your own, but you do what you can to get by. I don't think anyone here could rightfully me expect to do an interview with IGN where my key talking point is how I don't like X or Y.

I think you guys should be able to tell by now, 1,200+ posts later, that I'm not here for sales...I'm here for feedback and to make the game kick ***. Even still, I may do some interview in the future where I'm talking about stuff that a.) you don't care about or b.) you don't believe in. Such is the nature of this job.

There may actually be a worse video than that one I think...it was an interview I had to do for 06.
We understand Ian, you're still part of Corporate America. We forgive you....Just make us a kick *** game and we will Love you....lol....
Old 03-26-2009, 10:38 PM   #59
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

OVR: 5

That's whats up Ian i can respect you for standing up and owing that stuff and your right, My job does a lot of things i don't like but you put me in a pr position and put the cameras on and its the best company ever. Coming here for feedback to make a better true to life game is priceless man. keep up the great work and im sure by now you have also earned the respect of many others as well.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #60
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Do your job, stay focused and f*ck em if they can't take a joke.
-ancient proverb quoted by Shotgun's first Platoon Sergeant.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:43 PM   #61
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Please tell me that it was the PS2/Xbox versions and not the 360 version (lol j/k).

But yeah I get what you are saying.

I don't know if you can say or not but how was it working under David Ortiz? Was it frustrating? Did you guys have arguments with things that needed to be addressed? I ask this because as soon as you took over, things that we as a madden community wanted for years seemed to be added real easily to Madden 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Please tell me that it was the PS2/Xbox versions and not the 360 version (lol j/k).

But yeah I get what you are saying.

I don't know if you can say or not but how was it working under David Ortiz? Was it frustrating? Did you guys have arguments with things that needed to be addressed? I ask this because as soon as you took over, things that we as a madden community wanted for years seemed to be added real easily to Madden 10.
Wearing my PR hat for a second I don't think I am at liberty to talk about that.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:49 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 39

this neveer happened!
Old 03-26-2009, 10:53 PM   #64
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Wearing my PR hat for a second I don't think I am at liberty to talk about that.
To be honest I think you should stick to talking about the game and to hell with the doubters and haters. It's a waste of time to argue with negative people, they only serve to stand in the way.

I'd much rather you spent time answering the legit questions of guys who are on your side and hoping for the best.

Things like the uniform corrections, custom playbooks, online leagues, and stuff like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »