Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
Banned
 
OVR: 25
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 887
Blog Entries: 1
Latest Blog Hidden features & Thank You To EA

Great great blog!


New features I noticed from the pic that were not mentioned are...

Eye black- If you look at the 2nd shot of Big Ben, he is wearing eye black.

Chin Straps- The chin straps are animated, if you look at Ben's helmet, he has enough strap sticking out to grab and pull down (unsnapping it). Just my opinion...but I certainly feel as if they animate in some way.

Dynamic lighting- If you look at the pic of Ben, you can see they have added an all new dynamic lighting system of some kind. The way the light functions within the interactive environment is unlike anything I've ever seen in Madden before...and I'm not talking about DOF either.

Jerseys- I swear the jerseys are animated to some kind of a degree, I could have sworn I saw an actual piece of a shoulder pad in the 1st screenshot. Well, based on this one I'm fairly certain that the jerseys will have some kind of ability to move.

I am completely blown away with the level of detail, and the broadsweeping scope & scale at which this design team has approach this years version of the game. Not onlty will we see a Madden that truely represents Next-Gen, we will see a video game that sets the bar for gaming standards well beyond the sporting genre.

We all come to these forums to talk, communicate, and share ideas. We all have hopes for what we think this game can become. We all have a vision, a idealogical concept of what we eventually want Madden NFL to be.

In the past, we all have had to come away with our heads down saying "Maybe next year." In the past, we all have come away with our hopes dashed saying "Maybe, next year will be the year."

Ladies & gentlemen, I am so happy to honestly say...this year is THE year. That game we all haved hoped to get...is finally in the making...and we all have been able to contribute (no matter how great or small) in its inception.

To the Dev. Team-

Thank you, thank you for hearing our voice & acting on the things we have communicated. Thank you for taking this great game back to its roots, and restoring our confidence in you & rewarding our (at times tough) love for this game with the greatest edition in its history.

Thank you for putting up with our complaining, bickering, and ill tempered rants. But more importantly, thank you for being able to take criticism & at times harshly pointed frustrations (no matter if they were valid or not).

Its been fun getting to know you guys (to the extent that we have), and good luck on the completion of what is shaping up to be the defining next-gen title to date. Your hard work is appreciated.

Sincerely,
Izzy-

Last edited by Guillotine 1; 03-25-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Guillotine 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
Banned
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Dec 2008
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Latest Blog Hidden features & Thank You To EA

C'mon Guilly in the famous words of Bill Parcells "Don't break out the anointing oil yet" LOL
FadeEmAll is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
Pro
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: DA 504
Re: Latest Blog Hidden features & Thank You To EA

awsome post these ea guys are really puttin their all into this game. man i cant wait for madden x!!!
frankrizzo380 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:06 PM   #4
EA Sports' Equipment Guru
 
KANE699's Arena
 
OVR: 35
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Heathrow, FL
Posts: 3,453
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Latest Blog Hidden features & Thank You To EA

Eye black has been in madden next gen since 06, the thing is we don't have the ability to put it on players that one is up to ea.
KANE699 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany
Re: Latest Blog Hidden features & Thank You To EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Great great blog!


In the past, we all have had to come away with our heads down saying "Maybe next year." In the past, we all have come away with our hopes dashed saying "Maybe, next year will be the year."

Ladies & gentlemen, I am so happy to honestly say...this year is THE year. That game we all haved hoped to get...is finally in the making...and we all have been able to contribute (no matter how great or small) in its inception.

To the Dev. Team-

Thank you, thank you for hearing our voice & acting on the things we have communicated. Thank you for taking this great game back to its roots, and restoring our confidence in you & rewarding our (at times tough) love for this game with the greatest edition in its history.

Thank you for putting up with our complaining, bickering, and ill tempered rants. But more importantly, thank you for being able to take criticism & at times harshly pointed frustrations (no matter if they were valid or not).

Its been fun getting to know you guys (to the extent that we have), and good luck on the completion of what is shaping up to be the defining next-gen title to date. Your hard work is appreciated.

Sincerely,
Izzy-
Isn't it a bit early to praise Madden 10 as the "game we have all been hoping for" based on a few screenshots? You sound like the game has been released already and you had a chance to play it.
__________________
Das ist der Pennerbank Flavour, die Party war gut, wo bin ich jetzt, auf welcher Bank hab ich geschlafen, warum?

Last edited by raphael; 03-25-2009 at 01:18 PM.
raphael is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
Banned
 
OVR: 25
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 887
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Latest Blog Hidden features & Thank You To EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael
Isn't it a bit early to praise Madden 10 as the "game we have all been hoping for" based on a few screenshots?

Hi Raphael-

My comments are not based only on the recent screens that were released within the last few weeks (including NCAA). My comments are founded in the evidence provided by the unmistakeable change of philosophy within EA Sports, and the clearly evident impact that developer & community interaction has had on not only Madden NFL 10, but also Madden NFL '09.

Even last during last year, we saw many changes be made to the game as we pointed things out at the end of the cycle. Also, Ian cumming shared his vision for what he wanted to see the game become with us at that time.

Things like players having the ability to learn & add abilities to their game as they got my experience, things like animated accessories, and fully articulated pile ups.

So, to answer your question...my comments or praise is level on the grounds that they have exhibited these characteristics for over two cycles now...the proof is in the pudding. These guys are cllearly a cut above anything we've seen at EA, and its reflected in the work they are putting out.
Guillotine 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame
 
Phobia's Arena
 
OVR: 63
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Louisiana, Lafayette
Posts: 11,634
Blog Entries: 11
Re: Latest Blog Hidden features & Thank You To EA

Everyone should know my stand on Madden by now. Check out the avatar if ya need a better understanding lol

BUT I am in full agreement with Guilly right now. I honestly think in my heart this is the year madden will be back on top of the football world. This will be the year they beat out NFL2k5 and APF2k8.

I have madden Pre-ordered, first time buying since 05. I have NEVER owned a next-gen Madden
Phobia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
Banned
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Dec 2008
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Latest Blog Hidden features & Thank You To EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
.... These guys are cllearly a cut above anything we've seen at EA, and its reflected in the work they are putting out.
Now that is something even I must agree too.
FadeEmAll is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 PM.

Top -