Home

Ian, Whats the fate of the rocket catch?

This is a discussion on Ian, Whats the fate of the rocket catch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #17
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Ian, Whats the fate of the rocket catch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin4QB
thats what im saying brainiac just remove them both if they have to......you guys should think before you post

LMFFAO
Old 03-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #18
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

When only the top recivers can make he rocket catch, it also means that defenders are able to FOCUS on the RC threats. If you are playing with the Cards, I knwo to focus on Fitz to prevent you from Rocket Catching. If you throw it to your #3 reciver or TE, it should fail. If you get it to Fitz, and I fail to defended it, then you get it just like real life.

Here is a photo of the Cads using the Madden 09 Rocket catch exploit against the Panthers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rocket Catch Exploit.jpg (47.7 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by PGaither84; 03-27-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 19

Honestly, I feel that Madden shouldn't have set animations for what is called "Rocket Catching." I don't think that ONLY star players should be able to go high on a pass and make a great play.

Ian and Co. need to tweak the gameplay so that players who can jump high, stand out from the ones that are only average or worse. And that height plays a factor in making catches also. Therefor a player like say, Randy Moss or Plaxico Burress is being user controlled, then you should be able to USER catch by putting him in the right position to cut the pass off and time the jump.

It may cause cheese, sure. But it's actually realistic if you think about it. And that's how it used to be back in the past-gen days.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #20
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

man there is no such thing as rocket catching in real-life just jump-ball situations that both players have a shot at getting in on.....like in the larry photo homeboy put up.....9x outta 10 larry's winning that all day but it's a much slower version in real-life that's why rocket catching needs to vanish....but if it doesnt there needs to be a way both the defender and offensive player have a shot at making a play for either side of the ball meaning defense or offense
Old 03-27-2009, 07:35 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
man there is no such thing as rocket catching in real-life just jump-ball situations that both players have a shot at getting in on.....like in the larry photo homeboy put up.....9x outta 10 larry's winning that all day but it's a much slower version in real-life that's why rocket catching needs to vanish....but if it doesnt there needs to be a way both the defender and offensive player have a shot at making a play for either side of the ball meaning defense or offense
What there needs to be is contact as the receiver makes a play on the ball. As in real life, maybe the defender won't be in the best position or be the greatest jumper, but as the ball is going to the receiver's hands, they put a hand in there and at least attempt to break it up. That's how MOST jump ball situations will be in the NFL.

Also, I'd like to add that the CONSTANT huge mid-air collisions are really annoying. I believe Ian is taking care of that, which leads me to believe he will work on much more realistic mid-air contact.

Last edited by MRxAmazing; 03-27-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #22
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
LMFFAO
? LMFFAO?

Laugh My F***in Fat Ass Off???
Old 03-27-2009, 07:55 PM   #23
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
What there needs to be is contact as the receiver makes a play on the ball. As in real life, maybe the defender won't be in the best position or be the greatest jumper, but as the ball is going to the receiver's hands, they put a hand in there and at least attempt to break it up. That's how MOST jump ball situations will be in the NFL.

Also, I'd like to add that the CONSTANT huge mid-air collisions are really annoying. I believe Ian is taking care of that, which leads me to believe he will work on much more realistic mid-air contact.
yea in 09 you get a two 4 two deal instead of what happens in real life....either you make the play on the ball or reciever

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
? LMFFAO?

Laugh My F***in Fat Ass Off???

kinda Fat F***in
Old 03-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 13

If Madden had realistic momentum these RCs would be impossible. I mean alot of these RCs have teh WR turning on a dime and jumping up in a fraction of a second that would be IMPOSSIBLE to accomplish in real life.

I strongly believe that Ian and co are going to resolve these issues and they've already taken the first step by undoing all the "quick fixes" that the previous team did. Now they are fixing the engine and the physics like momentum and such which SHOULD make RCs impossible to execute, at least without putting the DB at a huge disadvantage.

Last edited by CapnKill; 03-27-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »