Home

Ian, Whats the fate of the rocket catch?

This is a discussion on Ian, Whats the fate of the rocket catch? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #25
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Ian, Whats the fate of the rocket catch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
I don't think that ONLY star players should be able to go high on a pass and make a great play.
My point was that the stars should rally be the ones who are likely to come down with the catch when hit. Based on their spectacular catch rating maybe? i am just sick of poor players going up and getting the ball unchallenged. I don't want the rocket catch removed as it IS REAL, but it shouldn't be successfull all that often. In 09 you can Rocket Catch the whole way down the field every drive and that is crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 01:34 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
My point was that the stars should rally be the ones who are likely to come down with the catch when hit. Based on their spectacular catch rating maybe? i am just sick of poor players going up and getting the ball unchallenged. I don't want the rocket catch removed as it IS REAL, but it shouldn't be successfull all that often. In 09 you can Rocket Catch the whole way down the field every drive and that is crap.
I do agree with you on that. I personally feel the "spectacular" catch rating should be gone. Give me Catch and Catch in Traffic, and that should be it. Combine those with the height of the player, and their jumping ability and you should have more realistic gameplay.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:58 AM   #27
Rookie

nsilvano21's Arena

OVR: 4

If they keep rocket catching in the game and just put an effective counter in, someone will still find a way to perfect it for every play. The easiest way to counter the rocket catch is for EA to take it out of the game before the game hits the shelves. If they keep it in the game but only limit it to star receivers u will still have people rocket catching all over u. Most gamers know for a fact they wouldn't win games playing madden if they didn't have the rocket catch to rely on.

I had this arguement with my friend. I told him EA has to take it out of madden 10 becuz it's too effective. He said no way, rocket catching will always be part of madden and they can't take it out. I asked him what would he do if they took it out. He said he wouldn't buy the game becuz he doesn't think he could run an offense without a rocket catch to bail him out on 3rd or 4th downs LOL.

I said it before and I'll say it again, rocket catching isn't comparable to real football. If someone perfects the rocket catch, it can't be stopped. How is that real? Ian, put a stop to this fake offense. If they took it out of the game, there would be a significant drop off of gamers that think they are the "top" madden gamers. They would complain if they had to run more than 5 plays all game in order to beat someone. It would be funny to see the frustration if someone had to run real plays LOL

I'm glad a lot of you guys agree to take it out of the game. I know how to rocket catch but I respect MY game enough not to do it. For those who feel they have to do rocket catching, if it is taken out of madden 10, there is an alternative world of make belief and unrealistic gaming still out there for u: super mario bros., blitz the league, or any game with mickey mouse. Just stop in ur local video game store and once EA announces rocket catching isn't in the game anymore, make them aware of the crisis at hand that u are facing and they will assist u in picking out one of those games for u to continue ur gaming style
Old 03-28-2009, 02:18 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 11

If they really wanted to go sim, they'd remove the ability to switch to he receiver.. but then I wouldn't be happy, nor would many other people, just for the simple fact that catching the ball yourself is fun
Old 03-28-2009, 02:26 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 35

They already said it was gone, it was one fo the 1st things they took out.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:51 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

They said it was gone last year........ obviously someone was wrong

some of us would like alittle detail, like "same animations, slightly less height on jumps, WR alot less likely to make that catch in traffic, and DBs are now more aggresive, can jump as high, will break a WR's rib or 2"

something like that... that would be nice
Old 03-28-2009, 07:40 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Many developers have said that the RC is not a glitch, just an animation, but when 80% of the people consider it a glitch, they just need to take it out no matter what they think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 07:42 AM   #32
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG Commissioner
Many of the old developers have said that the RC is not a glitch, just an animation, but when 80% of the people consider it a glitch, they just need to take it out no matter what they think.
Fixed it for ya.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »