Home

Ian is getting owned by the computer in Madden NFL 10! /eek

This is a discussion on Ian is getting owned by the computer in Madden NFL 10! /eek within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Ian is getting owned by the computer in Madden NFL 10! /eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
This is good news though. It shows that the cpu is not joking around this year, and will be challenging. I bet they will tweak it a bit though so that the cpu doesn't really start to show it's teeth until the All Pro level.
Or it could be that the CPU is cheating

I'll go with he is still getting use to all the tweaks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
These forums will be in meltdown come July.

Especially as some of the gamplay improvements will be in NCAA for us to 'test'
Yeah, I think OS are going to need new servers by July.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #27
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
I like the enthusiasm but can we at least wait until we see VIDEO FOOTAGE of GAMEPLAY before the game is judged?
When I read statements like this i have 2 imediate reactions.

1.) I agree we shouldn't go overboard.

2.) We already have the footage for madden 10. It's madden 09. Ian has said that his team took 09 and began to work on it. The changes? The game is about 5% slower, the "speed up" animations are all GONE, there is jostling and all of the other updates.

Yes, this will make he new footage look different, but the same. All of the changes made for 10 are subtle with exception of Refs and chain gang as those are widly visable additions while playing. The players move better, they react better [or so we're told/shown]. The blog updates tell us right out that at this time we have Madden 09 2.0 if you will. As time goes by Madden 10 will become more and more it's own game that Madden 09 will look more like Madden 10 - Beta. I hope that makes sence.

It is not like we are going from Madden on the SNES to N64. We have the core game and the ANT system and Ian's crew are giving the game a much needed overhaul. New valves, a new hydrolic pump, gear ratios, a timing chain, etc.

Last edited by PGaither84; 03-25-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 10

I don't get difficulty levels.

Who's to say when Ian was talking about that, that he was versing a Robo QB who made all his passes, a super RB who couldnt be tackled etc etc..

Difficulty should come with the teams roster and stuff.

For example, you select your team then there is a chance ratio of you beating that team

I select Vikings;

Chance of beating Patriots - 1:10
Chance of beating Packers - 1:5
Chance of beating Raiders - 1:2

etc etc.

On harder difficulty levels things usually get stupid, suddenly your receiver cant catch a ball, that's if you can even throw a decent one in the first place, your o-line gets dominated etc.

Anyway, I guess we can only wait and see what Ian means by this difficulty stuff.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 37

Wow! Thanks for the over-reaction people. I feel so honoured I stated let's be cautious BECAUSE we do this same song and dance every year. Does this sound familiar: "09 is going to be the best Madden ever" followed by "this game is terrible." I have heard the same comments since 07 on the 360!

Look I am excited too because I love football but we have seen ONE SCREENSHOT and a little conjecture from the game developers. I wish Ian and the crew all the best and they seem to be really good but I'm just saying we need to gauge the response and be OPEN-MINDED.

If you feel the need to continue to bash me then go for it but I stand by my comment and just like you, have every right to say it... hence the word "forum."
Old 03-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #30
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
I don't get difficulty levels.

On harder difficulty levels things usually get stupid, suddenly your receiver cant catch a ball, that's if you can even throw a decent one in the first place, your o-line gets dominated etc.

Anyway, I guess we can only wait and see what Ian means by this difficulty stuff.
Ian talked about this a while back in one of his blogs.

On the lower levels of difficulty the seperation of the sped of players becomes more and more aparant, while on All-Pro and All-Madden he speeds are supposed to be sim, or realistic. In Rookie and Pro a 99 speed guy should just LOOSE a guy only a few points slower and so on. The same holds true for other ratings as well. 89tha in Pro should mean you can hit most any pass with your QB but the computer QB should have a hard time. on All-Pro and All-Madden 89tha should mean that you have a good shot at hiting you man, but the ball will have some woble to it and may be a little of target. Too low, too high or even behind the reciver, also known as thorwing where your reciver was adn not where he was going.

I always felt on All-Pro that ratting began to really matter in the passing game and play recognition the most. Everyone has talked about how on All-Madden the computer players/animations/collision detection gets so scewed that you are fighting two battles. one against the computer and one against the other team *controled by the computer* I can't count how many passes have gone through my defender's adn reciver's bodies/hands/etc on All-madden that would alter the entire make up of the game. Is that pick? no a TD becasue the computer cheats me adn the ball goes through my guy. A wide open first down on third and long to kep my drive and the game alive? No! Dropped.. err. went through the player/ball thrown poorly into the dirt even when I had my fet set and solid timming on the pass button. All-Madden, in the past has done many questionable things to hurt you and your teams chances to give the computer a chance/advantage over the fact that you are a REAL perdson with real skills.

I know Ian has and will continue to deny this, and maybe it isn't true anymore but we have all experianced it and we all know it's garbage.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:15 PM   #31
8/11/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The reality is that because of the gameplay and A.I. flaws that have existed throughout the entire history of Madden, every person that is "good" at the game is so because of their ability and willingness to exploit said flaws to various degrees.

I don't blame people for doing what the game has permitted them to do, because most people aren't going to artificially keep themselves from winning if they know they can go to their "Money Plays"

I bet on all previous Maddens Ian probably could have beat the computer every single time if he really wanted to, and could have won more against human opponents, but like all dedicated Sim players he made a conscious decision not to exploit. He's probably doing that with Madden 10 right now.

I'm guessing that Sim players will probably be able to find their niche and enjoy Madden 10. The test is going to be if players with "skillz" will be able to break the game vs the CPU and other Users, as always, by discovering exploits and flaws in the gameplay mechanics.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 11:57 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
The reality is that because of the gameplay and A.I. flaws that have existed throughout the entire history of Madden, every person that is "good" at the game is so because of their ability and willingness to exploit said flaws to various degrees.

I don't blame people for doing what the game has permitted them to do, because most people aren't going to artificially keep themselves from winning if they know they can go to their "Money Plays"

I bet on all previous Maddens Ian probably could have beat the computer every single time if he really wanted to, and could have won more against human opponents, but like all dedicated Sim players he made a conscious decision not to exploit. He's probably doing that with Madden 10 right now.

I'm guessing that Sim players will probably be able to find their niche and enjoy Madden 10. The test is going to be if players with "skillz" will be able to break the game vs the CPU and other Users, as always, by discovering exploits and flaws in the gameplay mechanics.
We will but I wouldn't use anything on the sim guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »