Home

Ian is getting owned by the computer in Madden NFL 10! /eek

This is a discussion on Ian is getting owned by the computer in Madden NFL 10! /eek within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-26-2009, 02:00 AM   #33
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Ian is getting owned by the computer in Madden NFL 10! /eek

If he's getting beat by the CPU because he's using poor strategy or facing a far superior team, then that's one thing.

If he's getting beat by the CPU because they know all of his plays before the snap, get the usual "timely" turnovers, and/or tuning is far from finalized.... then it means nothing.

It has to be taken in context. I want to get beat in a game of Madden because I faced a better CPU opponent and was out-strategized, not because the random gameplay difficulty dice roll landed on "we're going to cheat you into submission".
Old 03-26-2009, 05:04 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 26

Didnt the dev team and the OS forum agree in a thread that they wanted to be able to take the lions and lose to the patriots or steelers pretty much almost like 9.9/10 times that .1 being the rare chacne on any given sunday a team can win?
Old 03-26-2009, 05:34 AM   #35
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
If he's getting beat by the CPU because he's using poor strategy or facing a far superior team, then that's one thing.

If he's getting beat by the CPU because they know all of his plays before the snap, get the usual "timely" turnovers, and/or tuning is far from finalized.... then it means nothing.

It has to be taken in context. I want to get beat in a game of Madden because I faced a better CPU opponent and was out-strategized, not because the random gameplay difficulty dice roll landed on "we're going to cheat you into submission".
SO FUNNY YET SO TRUE
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 06:37 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow

Exactly.

Depends on how Ian is losing, and who he's losing to. If Madden 10 can give us the type of CPU AI where good teams play like good teams, he'd get designer of the year in my book. Unfortunately, previous Maddens, teams/players basically played the same. I saw no difference between a New England and a Detroit, CPU wise... or human wise. I could win with even the worst team.

How nice would it be to actually fear certain teams on your schedule? I won't hold my breath.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:54 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Didnt the dev team and the OS forum agree in a thread that they wanted to be able to take the lions and lose to the patriots or steelers pretty much almost like 9.9/10 times that .1 being the rare chacne on any given sunday a team can win?
This may be the case when the game first gets released but once gamers get a feel for the game beating the Pats with the Lions wont be that hard.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:57 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Oh man i hope so. I love losing!
Old 03-26-2009, 07:58 AM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
I don't think he's saying it to be pessimistic, but perhaps to keep a critical eye instead of proclaiming the game to be great before we've seen it in action.

Don't get me wrong, I really think this might be "the year" that madden gets on track, but I understand what he's saying.
Oh, I get it and understand it as well.

It's too bad Madden in the past hasn't stood up well on NG. If Madden was a decent game in the past, I don't think people would be saying "with a critical eye."

I don't blame them for feeling that way, but I don't feel that way(not saying others need to feel the same way I do) because it's a new team even from last year.

I said this in another thread. I don't think we should glorify Madden or condemn it at this stage. I just am more optimistic based on the developers taking our ideas and putting them in the game.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #40
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
I don't get difficulty levels.
Unless everyone is equally good or bad at the game, how do you not understand difficulty levels? Making the assumption that everyone has the same skills as yourself is very poor. The Madden team has to have difficulty levels to cater to the young gamer, the casual gamer as well as the hardcore gamer. There is no way around this.

For all the Dolphin fans out there, they might expect to go 11-5 this year. If there were no difficulty levels (ie default All-Pro), the hardcore guy could go 16-0 while the young or inexperience gamer could go 1-15. How fun or realistic would that be? Obviously the Madden team will have to give boost to either the user or the cpu to balance the game out for everyone.

I'm personally in favour of a global slider system where each difficulty level is just a different preset for the sliders like 2K did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »