Home

New Draft Order Rules

This is a discussion on New Draft Order Rules within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #9
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: New Draft Order Rules

I don't know how I feel about the new rule anyways....Am I missing something? Can someone please explain the advantages of this?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:22 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I don't know how I feel about the new rule anyways....Am I missing something? Can someone please explain the advantages of this?
The National Football League tweaked its draft rules to ensure the 12 teams that make the playoffs get the final 12 picks.
The Super Bowl winners will get the final pick in each round, preceded by the losing team. The other 10 spots are determined by how far the team advanced in the postseason and their regular-season standing.
The changes, approved at the NFL’s meetings in Dana Point, California, take effect in 2010. Under the current rules, draft position for teams except the Super Bowl participants is based on regular-season record.
In next month’s draft, New England will have the 23rd overall selection, one spot after Minnesota even though the Vikings made the playoffs with a 10-6 record and the Patriots missed the postseason at 11-5. The Tennessee Titans, who had a league-best 13-3 record, will pick 30th out of 32 teams after losing in the first round of the playoffs.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #11
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
The National Football League tweaked its draft rules to ensure the 12 teams that make the playoffs get the final 12 picks.
The Super Bowl winners will get the final pick in each round, preceded by the losing team. The other 10 spots are determined by how far the team advanced in the postseason and their regular-season standing.
The changes, approved at the NFL’s meetings in Dana Point, California, take effect in 2010. Under the current rules, draft position for teams except the Super Bowl participants is based on regular-season record.
In next month’s draft, New England will have the 23rd overall selection, one spot after Minnesota even though the Vikings made the playoffs with a 10-6 record and the Patriots missed the postseason at 11-5. The Tennessee Titans, who had a league-best 13-3 record, will pick 30th out of 32 teams after losing in the first round of the playoffs.
Lol...No I understand the logistics of the rule, thanks for the explanation (or the copy paste anyways). I just don't get the reasoning behind the change. Am I missing something or does it seem unfair?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 38

It's unfair
Old 03-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/25/chan...rder-approved/

Could we get this in Madden 10 or is it too late?

Just put a bug in for this very thing this afternoon, we will see how difficult it is at this point...[fingers crossed]
Old 03-25-2009, 09:52 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 38

Old 03-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Just put a bug in for this very thing this afternoon, we will see how difficult it is at this point...[fingers crossed]

all I asked is that you try..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 11:08 PM   #16
MVP

That pic is hilarious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »