Home

Deal Breakers?

This is a discussion on Deal Breakers? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Deal Breakers?

I want pure TV-style presentation.

I want this game to feel LESS like a sim, even though it's got all the sim options...if that makes any sense.

IMMERSION, IMMERSION, IMMERSION

I posted this in another thread, it works here too:

"I don't like the camera cutting after each play - I want the on-field stuff to be continuous, even if it's just being overlaid by the playcalling menu. I want to see players running of the field and coming on the field, huddling up, QB's yelling at the sidelines for the play to come in - even if it's being overlaid by the playcalling menu... I want it to be fluid and continuous. Make the playcalling menu translucent so it literally looks like everyone is waiting for me to call the play. I want the crowd and the announcers to keep talking and the stadium guy to make stadium announcements.

I hate breaks in the on-field stuff. I hate the screen going black after each play and just seeing a big playcalling screen with nothing else happening. It's like one second you're on the field, the next second you're on a box with a playbook. The crowd's gone, the players are gone... it kills the immersion.

Same with the Halftime - 2009's Halftime Replay menu was TERRIBLE because it pulled you out of you game just to look at some random replays. No narration or nothing. It's boring ans stupid. Get some guys to comment on them. Randomly generate other game's highlights too so they can be shown during the halftime.

I want more Sunday Afternoon TV-style presentation all around in this game."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #42
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Accelerated Clock, is it in??
Old 03-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 39

Deal Breakers for me is if they don't add Refs, Chain Gangs or Hand Towels.

Oh yeah I'm not buying the game if there are no superbowl patches/SuperBowl team art or procedural Awareness either.

If they don't add a new rating philosophy I ain't buying it.

Assisted tackle's and half sacks are a show stopper for me.

They better make sure all the onscreen data is off by default and the QB is improved.

I need sliders for penalties and the CPU or me and Madden will be a thing of the past.

WR/Db Jostling of some type better be in there with some new type of player momentum.

Other than that I will probably buy a copy.

Last edited by thudias; 03-26-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

Special logo's on the field (kickoff, thanksgiving, playoffs etc ertc) thats all
Old 03-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #45
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Deal Breakers for me is if they don't add Refs, Chain Gangs or Hand Towels.

Oh yeah I'm not buying the game if there are no superbowl patches/SuperBowl team art or procedural Awareness either.

If they don't add a new rating philosophy I ain't buying it.

Assisted tackle's and half sacks are a show stopper for me.

They better make sure all the onscreen data is off by default and the QB is improved.

I need sliders for penalties and the CPU or me and Madden will be a thing of the past.

WR/Db Jostling of some type better be in there with some new type of player momentum.

Other than that I will probably buy a copy.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 13

I just want more depth to franchise mode. I play the games every now and then but my favorite thing to do on Madden is to simulate seasons and build a Super Bowl team.

I would like to be able to sign more coaches (not just HC, OC, DC, ST)

I would like for the coaches to have their own attributes so that you see how signing them would affect your team

Maybe have Offensive and Defensive Coordinator tendencies:
OC - You have 3 good WRs and a Bad TE so an OC like Mike Martz fits perfect because he throws to the WRs and really never to the TE.
DC - You have a good fast LB group so you sign a DC like Dick Lebeau to bring the pressure with the blitz.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 13

1. Camera Angles
2. On-line Franchise
Old 03-26-2009, 12:53 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 25

Have the game PICK what it wants to be. ARCADE or SIM. It cant be both.

But since there is such a HUGE cheeze/exploit/casual crowd....Have 2 distinct modes (which from what i read seems to be the thought).

Lower levels = Cheeze/arcade crowd
Higher levels = Hardcore SIM crowd.

^^That and VERY much improved gameplay and overall "feel" of the game. Ie REALISM....

Those are my MUST HAVES. The "fluff" is not high on my list...would be great, but not the main area where the game fails....gameplay is where it dies for me....weak,predictable and Boooring as it is now. Basicly unchanged for the last 4-5 yrs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »