Home

Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

This is a discussion on Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #113
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
If he fails I think that the Madden francchise will officially be beyond repair and a lot of guys will abandon it for good..

Will never happen. The only difference will be everytime Ian does a blog people will sarcastically reply "You said that last year". Then August will come and 90% of the people who said they wouldnt buy it will. And the cycle will continue.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #114
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
...but it does feel good that at the very least people can see our vision and improvements, and get on board that we're all in this together to make the best game possible...
This is just... A weird thing to say...

Either you're insecure in your own work and take what the zealots say to heart... Which I don't think is case... Or, perhaps you think your guile will win them over completely?

Or maybe you don't even know yourself???

That would be truly frightening.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #115
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL....really?

The biggest? I love this site and their overstatements.
Yes.... why is it funny? Its no overstatement.

Hes come on here made a bunch of blogs saying its sim its gonna be one of the greatest experiences in gaming history, all these promises and statements and such that if he does not deliver it will not only turn Madden over the edge into embarrassment but will Make EA a joke as well. Alots riding on this release, EA, and the Madden Franchise, if this game doesnt deliver like we;ve been told it would.

I have no clue why you thought that was an "overstatement"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #116
MVP

OVR: 15

Remember how last year we were learning about how we would have awesome endzone celebrations. At the very least Ian & Co. have been telling us about important features aren't total BS concocted to distract us from how little they change the game.

Thank you Ian for focusing on meaningful features instead of fluff. Stuff like new QB ratings, the spreading out of ratings, procedural awareness, and realistic movement will do more than let us pretend we're just like TO or Ocho Cinco.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #117
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
Remember how last year we were learning about how we would have awesome endzone celebrations. At the very least Ian & Co. have been telling us about important features aren't total BS concocted to distract us from how little they change the game.

Thank you Ian for focusing on meaningful features instead of fluff. Stuff like new QB ratings, the spreading out of ratings, procedural awareness, and realistic movement will do more than let us pretend we're just like TO or Ocho Cinco.
Agreed....Good post.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Yes.... why is it funny? Its no overstatement.

Hes come on here made a bunch of blogs saying its sim its gonna be one of the greatest experiences in gaming history, all these promises and statements and such that if he does not deliver it will not only turn Madden over the edge into embarrassment but will Make EA a joke as well. Alots riding on this release, EA, and the Madden Franchise, if this game doesnt deliver like we;ve been told it would.

I have no clue why you thought that was an "overstatement"
Agreed...Ian has set our expectations very high, and if the game fails to meet our expectations, i dont think if would be an overstatement to say its one of the biggest video game let downs.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #119
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
This is an interesting point of view. I think it's fair to clarify that this communication has nothing to do with "EA". This is 100% our own doing, not some brilliant marketing or PR ploy. To be frank, our PR and marketing teams plus our executive staff didn't want us here at all...it is a scary notion that we're talking about the game so openly and also making changes so regularly.
Hi Ian,

I'm curious to hear what reasoning they used to argue against you coming on here. To me its a no brainer, that taking advantage of the internet for this purpose is a fantastic idea and really I'm shocked that this practice is still extremely rare to this day!

I know you won't, but just to be sure, I hope you never second guess you and Phil's and the other's decision to communicate with us through this method. I strongly believe, as you probably do as well, that the result of this endevour will be even better than anyone of us could have imagined. I know you guys have to spend a lot of time unfortuantely fixing the mistakes made to this point, but while I still have high hopes for Madden 10, I believe that Madden 11 will blow us all away.

Keep up the good work!
Old 03-26-2009, 05:42 PM   #120
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoweshow8282
Agreed...Ian has set our expectations very high, and if the game fails to meet our expectations, i dont think if would be an overstatement to say its one of the biggest video game let downs.

I just don't understand how it could fail to meet our expectations. We have seen the blogs, the test footage, and the screen shots.

We KNOW the game looks great and we have seen that a LOT of the glitchy cliping animation speed up/slow down nonsence has been removed. FD dive, WR jostling, no more roadrunner stops/cuts. we KNOW these things are in and that they are working off of the 09 system instead of starting from scratch.

I have sadi it before but it honestly looks like Madden 09 is really going to be thought of as Madden 10-Beta.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »