Home

Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

This is a discussion on Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #121
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

I just watched the small gameplay videos of NCAA in motion on their new blog. IMHO it looks almost exactly the same as last year how things are playing out in that 10 second gameplay sequence. It is VERY early but im hoping Madden looks leaps and bounds better then that.

This coming from someone who has full confidence in Ian and his team will deliver the best football gaming experience ever on a console.

Last edited by ch46647; 03-26-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I just don't understand how it could fail to meet our expectations. We have seen the blogs, the test footage, and the screen shots.

We KNOW the game looks great and we have seen that a LOT of the glitchy cliping animation speed up/slow down nonsence has been removed. FD dive, WR jostling, no more roadrunner stops/cuts. we KNOW these things are in and that they are working off of the 09 system instead of starting from scratch.

I have sadi it before but it honestly looks like Madden 09 is really going to be thought of as Madden 10-Beta.
Im not saying that i dont believe that Ian and the crew will be able to pull it off. If they can keep going at this pace (posting significant weekly blogs, interacting with the community, and making changes based on feedback.) they may very well be able to pull off what most people on these boards would call "THE" year.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #123
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I just watched the small gameplay videos of NCAA in motion on their new blog. IMHO it looks almost exactly the same as last year how things are playing out in that 10 second gameplay sequence. It is VERY early but im hoping Madden looks leaps and bounds better then that.

This coming from someone who has full confidence in Ian and his team will deliver the best football gaming experience ever on a console.
It was .... words cant even describe how i felt watching those vids But they werent good feelings. Im hoping those vids were just made to show off what they were supposed to and everything else was just there not working.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #124
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL....really?

The biggest? I love this site and their overstatements.
What would be bigger?
Old 03-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #125
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Yes.... why is it funny? Its no overstatement.

Hes come on here made a bunch of blogs saying its sim its gonna be one of the greatest experiences in gaming history, all these promises and statements and such that if he does not deliver it will not only turn Madden over the edge into embarrassment but will Make EA a joke as well. Alots riding on this release, EA, and the Madden Franchise, if this game doesnt deliver like we;ve been told it would.

I have no clue why you thought that was an "overstatement"
You say that and then you say another overstatement. Please find me a blog where Ian or anyone on the team says "its gonna be one of the greatest experiences in gaming history".....I'll wait.

You wont find it. Now Ive seen people here hype it up as it being great but no one on EA. He says it will be much improved and from everything I've seen, it appears he's right. The only way it will be an embarassment is if its worse than last year and thats not likely. Most gaming sites loved last years game and most people liked last years game. EA isnt riding on the release of Madden 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #126
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
This is an interesting point of view. I think it's fair to clarify that this communication has nothing to do with "EA". This is 100% our own doing, not some brilliant marketing or PR ploy. To be frank, our PR and marketing teams plus our executive staff didn't want us here at all...it is a scary notion that we're talking about the game so openly and also making changes so regularly.

To those that would rather stay in the pessimistic camp, I really don't have a problem with that - you have that right and honesty I kind of expect that given how the game's vision has (mis)aligned with the community's over the last few years.

On a side note (not referring to you Rocky) -

I would also say I do have a right to start a thread like this just like any one of you has a right to start a thread talking about how much you hate something EA has done. This thread is not to gloat of course (that's honestly ridiculous...to think I would gloat when no one has even played the game yet) - but to show signs that our team (with the help of the folks on this forum) is moving in the right direction, and that those who want to be involved can get on the train.

There will be those of you who want to stay back, continue to hate because of previous years, and call me or EA stupid. No biggie - you guys every right to do so. But by doing so I think you might miss out on a pretty new experience - one of basically "co-developing" the biggest sports game in video game history. I think it's pretty a cool situation we're in.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:13 PM   #127
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
What would be bigger?

I can think of a few off the top of my head....The first next gen Madden, Prizefighter (after all of the hype about 2k finally making a boxing game), the first next gen NBA Live, APF2k8 (after it was announced no franchise and all of the hype). Thats not even including non sports games.

The additions for Madden 10 look great but the reasonable portion of OS is taking it in stride. Ian is making a ton of changes and if it works...great. If not, than maybe next year. People are talking about this being the greatest Madden ever when no one has seen it in action. If people are dissapointed its partially beacuse their expectations were too high.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #128
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
You can believe what you want. And you can go find the quotes yourself.

I guess its easier to spout nonsense then actually back it up with fact. Thats the beauty of the internet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »