Home

Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

This is a discussion on Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #153
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
since it's a free resource (OS)....feel free to leave anytime

thx

oh and btw......it's proof is in the PUDDING....not putting
I started to say that, but I didn't want to be a smart a** lol.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:48 AM   #154
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN

oh and btw......it's proof is in the PUDDING....not putting
mmmmm....puddin'....

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 03-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #155
Banned

OVR: 35

Bill Cosby likes the Puddin'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 09:17 AM   #156
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Bill Cosby likes the Puddin'
I miss puddin' pops...

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 03-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #157
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
You got it wrong home slice...

They have the great fortune of interacting with us. It's a free resource for them... And there are a lot of smart people on these boards...

And I've seen many a developer lie through their teeth... So the cry wolf is entirely apt.

Try not kissing a** next time.
First I must say great win by the Sounders against RBNY, what a way to start your franchise.

I do agree with you really. People can get excited as much as they want however, I really feel that when most people go over board to praise Ian and his crew just because of a screen shot and little additions they see from that screenshots, it can come back to bite us in the end.

You ask how?

Well if we are going goo goo gaa gaa over absolutely nothing then what is the incentive of EA really improving the game, when all they have to do is just toss out a few screenshots that look good and us praisining them to no end, and there we go they have us, no matter how the game plays, the screenshots back in March looked great and thus everyone will continue to buy the damn game, as if we do not have that problem now.

The point being I really wish fans would be a little more reserved to give credit just yet to Ian because lets face it, this is the same stuff we have been hearing the past few years expect its coming from a different podium.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:04 AM   #158
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ARk5
First I must say great win by the Sounders against RBNY, what a way to start your franchise.

I do agree with you really. People can get excited as much as they want however, I really feel that when most people go over board to praise Ian and his crew just because of a screen shot and little additions they see from that screenshots, it can come back to bite us in the end.

You ask how?

Well if we are going goo goo gaa gaa over absolutely nothing then what is the incentive of EA really improving the game, when all they have to do is just toss out a few screenshots that look good and us praisining them to no end, and there we go they have us, no matter how the game plays, the screenshots back in March looked great and thus everyone will continue to buy the damn game, as if we do not have that problem now.

The point being I really wish fans would be a little more reserved to give credit just yet to Ian because lets face it, this is the same stuff we have been hearing the past few years expect its coming from a different podium.
That's the absolute truth. It's like every time a new politician takes office, all of his supporters run around thinking he will be different and make a change, and then by the end everyone realizes he is just another politician. (This was meant as an analogy to the gaming world, in no way, shape, or form am I referencing any past or present politician, for all you clowns who will get offended...)
Old 03-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #159
Rookie

Hey Fade,

yet people will call you and I names and call us out for trying to be a bit more realistic on these boards, soley based on past performances. Not to say that Madden 10 will be awful, however I just think the futuility of the Madden series over the years has really brainwashed most people in way that they see a screenshot that has details that have been in previous sports games dating back 6+ years ago and now we praise these guys to no end.

yes it is fantastic they are finally seeing the light, but its like Chris Rock said "Well I raise my kids...Iv never been to jail......what do you want a cookie?"...."you aint supposed to go to jail, you are supposed to raise your kids, that is the norm"....

and the norm for next gen football was to have these details in a few years ago not now and act like "omg we have come a long way in 4 months look at us now"....

not bashing Ian or EA but again people will buy madden regardless because as another poster put it, OS and other Madden forums are a very small percentage of the total demographics of Madden. The game will sell like hotcakes you wrap turd up in a xbox360/ps3 box and put the latest new nfl star in it. and that my friends is the main problem and the reason that we never see anything close to greatness from EA any more simply because the movitvation is not there.

I do hope I am wrong as I am football starved, and I really do not want to keep updating my rosters on 2k5 and want that HD look to my football videogames.

I really do hope I am proven wrong along with everyone else that are still holding back.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #160
Rookie

Another issue I forsee is that this being Ian's 1st full year as the head honcho over there, I firmly believe it will take 2-3 years before he can produce everything he wants to give us in a Madden game, and the probelm with that is, come that time we will more then likely be in the next cycle of next-next gen consoles, which again will have him and EA start over trying to learn the development cycle of these new consoles and again given us the Madden we have come to LOVE/Hate in this gen.

Again this is just me speculating, I could be 100% wrong for all we know but that is another thing that worries me about Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »