Home

Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

This is a discussion on Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

And people may ask then how was 2k able to pull off the greatness that was 2k5 with one year.

What people have to understand is that 2k had already a great foundation laid out before 2k5. They pretty much nailed it with their firstr entry on the dreamcast NFL 2K and 2k1 with great gameplay and presentation, and thus fianlly was able to put make everything come together on 2k5 for the unbelievable experience.

With Madden, their foundation was great last gen, but had to start from scratch this gen and what they have come up with has been lousy.

My point is if Ian was in charge a few years ago then i would say yea chances of Madden 10 being THE game we all want are very good, but I just find it hard to believe you can redo the gameplay in a year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #162
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ARk5
Hey Fade,

yet people will call you and I names and call us out for trying to be a bit more realistic on these boards, soley based on past performances. Not to say that Madden 10 will be awful, however I just think the futuility of the Madden series over the years has really brainwashed most people in way that they see a screenshot that has details that have been in previous sports games dating back 6+ years ago and now we praise these guys to no end.
Quote:
What has been proven tho so far is that most fans are very much willing to suck these developers deep for finally showing a screenshot of the game and implementing ideas that last gen sports games had. That to me is sad.

With that said I am not going to sit here and say Great JOB EA WOW you have come through, when in reality they HAVE NOT YEET, and I am not going to say F U EA, same old same old when in fact we will not know this untill Aug/Sept.

But I do find it funny how some fans are just prostetuting themselves in front of these developers....

My Video Game Streams
Old 03-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #163
Banned

OVR: 26

You damn right man. It's funny how the EA and Ian supporters come and complain about the "haters" telling them how happy they can be, but 9 times out of 10 when I see someone getting attacked on these boards it's because they didn't agree with what the supporters were saying and not the other way around. You make a simple statement like "Man that screenshot doesn't mean that gameplay has improved. We get a great screenshot early every year." Without fail two posts later one of these "internet thugs" comes with that age old post "man get a life loser, you can't tell us how happy to be be. You fricking ***" That $#!t is comical to me. One thread actually got closed because people were complaining that the thread "Screenshot doesn't = gameplay" didn't reflect "the feelings of the OS community" yet we are bombarded with numerous threads saying "Ian you guys are the greatest" and no one complains. You see there's always a double standard in life man. Hopefully after it's all said and done this time we get a great Madden game that can be played on all levels franchise, on-line, sim, arcade, tournament etc. I never said it "couldn't" happen I just won't declare it will until it does.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #164
Banned

OVR: 35

True Dat son'
Old 03-27-2009, 10:35 AM   #165
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Another issue I forsee is that this being Ian's 1st full year as the head honcho over there, I firmly believe it will take 2-3 years before he can produce everything he wants to give us in a Madden game, and the probelm with that is, come that time we will more then likely be in the next cycle of next-next gen consoles, which again will have him and EA start over trying to learn the development cycle of these new consoles and again given us the Madden we have come to LOVE/Hate in this gen.

Again this is just me speculating, I could be 100% wrong for all we know but that is another thing that worries me about Madden.

You see, that's my #1 issue with all this.

They keep selling an incomplete game every year when it takes 2-3 years to make a truly great game.

Why not just keep selling Madden 09 and updating the rosters while they work on the Masterpiece Madden that will come out in 2 years?

And don't tell me it wouldn't pay the bills - this is EA we're talking about. And every year new people would pony up money to buy Madden 09 when football season starts. Heck, they could even charge like $10 for roster updates to buy them time and some spending money if it came down to it.

I don't think a developer can really crank out IMPRESSIVE new tech and new optimizations unless they sit down, get rid of deadlines and really FOCUS their full energies on it. (You know, like most non-sports game developers do)

I think Yearly release schedules are the BANE of the quality in sports video games.

The highest-rated Video games take years to make, not months...

Sadly, investors don't care about quality, they care about profits. So unless the investors become gamers, we'll continue to get a product that is a constant work in progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 10:35 AM   #166
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

well..this thread took an unexpected turn...

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 03-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
You damn right man. It's funny how the EA and Ian supporters come and complain about the "haters" telling them how happy they can be, but 9 times out of 10 when I see someone getting attacked on these boards it's because they didn't agree with what the supporters were saying and not eh other way around. You make a simple statement like "Man that screenshot doesn't mean that gameplay has improved. We get a great screenshot early every year." Without fail two posts later one of these "internet thugs" comes with that age old post "man get a life loser, you can't tell us how happy to be be. You fricking ***" That $#!t is comical to me. One thread actually got closed because peole were complaining that the thread "Screenshot doesn't = gameplay" didn't reflect "the feelings of the OS community" yet we are bombarded with numerous threads saying "Ian you guys are the greatest" and no one complains. You see there's always a double standard in life man. Hopefully after it's all said and done this time we get a great Madden game that can be played on all levels franchise, on-line, sim, arcade, tournament etc. I never said it "couldn't" happen I just won't declare it will until it does.
Well yes this society is full of double standards no doubt.

Again your absolutely correct untill it happens and we get that great football sim we are al craving that appeals to the online community and to the franchise community then I would hope that we hold off on all the praising. I do understand that people have their own feelings and can get as excited as they want, its their right obviously, just as it is our right to kind of play devils advocate and be a little more skeptical.

Again i am only basing my feelings ok past performances to come up with my thoughts, now if people want to pased their opinions on a few screenshots in march and some Procudial Awareness talk, and a few differnt animations, and the runner and qb having slower animations to be more "realistic" by all means its your right.

But neither one of us is wrong for feeling the way we do.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:37 AM   #168
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
well..this thread took an unexpected turn...

At least I'm not insulting people like some other posters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »