Home

Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

This is a discussion on Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #185
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Yea - this too is a major problem (if not the THE biggest problem). I put the NFL itself in the "investors" department. The NFL itself are only concerned with making money. They're not "gamers", they're sellers.

But these contracts are drawn up by people from both the NFL and EA.

Someone on either end needs to speak up when negotiations are going on and speak on behalf of the gamers for once.

I know money takes precedence over quality during these business meeting , but damn it would be nice for once if the customer could get some more respect instead of being treated like livestock.

Agreed 100%.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #186
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I think your misinformed sir. The NFL MANDATES that a NFL game is released every year; the "knuckleheads on a message board" don't control that.
Lol, he was respondnig to a post of mine where I was pointing that out.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #187
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
It's weird how it turns out.

The last-gen version of Madden is polished to almost-near perfection; however, it's graphics are outdated and the hardware it runs on can't support any further upgrades. Ps2's and Xbox's are also on the way out anyway, if not already done.

Meanwhile, Next-Gen is here and it's like they had to strip down the stuff from last-gen just to get the game working on this gen's hardware. Now they are slowly adding back the old stuff and trying to incorporate some new stuff based on the new hardware, but it's so slow in coming.

As mentioned above, by time Madden get's to where it should be on this generation's hardware, the Xbox 720 and PS4 will be hitting shelves and then the developers will have to take two steps back AGAIN...

It's like there's always something stuck in the wheel.
Boy..... thats a scary thought.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #188
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I think your misinformed sir. The NFL MANDATES that a NFL game is released every year; the "knuckleheads on a message board" don't control that.
Thats exaclty what I was saying. I think you misunderstood.

but I agree with you, the NFL can very well be mandidating an annual release on Madden.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:08 AM   #189
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ARk5
Fair enough Roadman. I am not telling you how to feel, maybe I was before but not anymore. I apologize for that.

I agree it seems that Ian and Phil are looking towards the future which is a good thing but again I still maintain it will extremely difficult for Ian to deliver this year. if he does, more power to him and phil and don, and mike. I just doubt it , thats all.
Fair enough on this end, too.

We both want the same thing, we are just looking at it differently.

I think Ian will deliver this year, it's just depends on what's included for everyone. You can't make everyone happy.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #190
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
Just a point to the posts above, I can not say for certain, but I would be willing to bet large money that the NFL mandates that EA releases a product yearly. Not only that, I have the feeling that they are required to release the game at a specific point in time as well.

Bingo.

Its never fails to amaze me the lack of business know how on this board. So people are suggesting that EA take two years between versions of Madden so that the game can be "complete"?

A couple of problems with that. 1) That insane to ask a company to take its biggest money making product off the shelves. 2) The NFL would never allow that. EA gets a ton of press when Madden is release but so does the NFL. Also on top of a license fee, the NFL receives royalties from each game sold and would take a big revenue hit if EA didnt release the game every year. 3) This board represents less than 1% of Madden purchasers each year. Even if every person on this board hated Madden, thought it wasnt "complete" and refused to buy it....it wouldnt change EA's bottom line.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #191
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Fair enough on this end, too.

We both want the same thing, we are just looking at it differently.

I think Ian will deliver this year, it's just depends on what's included for everyone. You can't make everyone happy.
Absolutely correct. I hope they deliver too, and no matter what there will always be someone complaining.

for example, on the Show MB, as great as that game is, someone was in there all up in arms about some of the batting stances of certain players. Im like dude really? Thats how you know the game is great when that is pretty much all that people complain about.

Anyway I digress this is a Madden forum not MLB the show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #192
Banned

OVR: 35

Alright, now that the threads not in whatever mode it was just in, i think the new tech is........

DYNAMIC WEATHER!!!!

I played a game against Green Bay earlier and it was snowing. The players left foot prints but never left any marks when getting tackled or anything like that. The snow always showed the ground and Yard lines even tho it was snowing like crazy... i think the new tech will allow snow and rain to build up and the player will leave indentions at they run and get tackled.

No ones ever gotten weather just right and the tech has never been in a football game before so there it is!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »