Home

Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

This is a discussion on Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-27-2009, 03:03 PM   #209
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I disagree with this Fade. I'm certainly not accusing you of lying, but can you show me a post on this board where an "EA/Ian Supporter & Optimist" called you or any other pessimist a name or was attacking in their tone?

See, I actually see this the other way around. When the pessimists are confronted with a debate, they're QUICK to start name-calling. Us optimists are called everything from sheep, to dummies, to being compared to battered wives, etc. And that's just the clean stuff that's said.

The pessimists in my opinion turn this into a black & white board: you either have your doubts about the game, or you're "creaming your pants" for it. The pessimists pretty much eliminate the middle ground. So anything positive that's said about the game is defined as being gullible, having low expectations, or setting yourself up for disappointment etc instead of those comments simply being taken for the compliments that they are.
Well then you and I must be reading entirely different posts because I see it all the time. I'm not going to go looking for screenshots etc, because it isn't worth my time, but I've been attacked numerous times, and you've seen it first hand so I don't know why you would sit there and act like you haven't.

As far as the battered wives thing is concerned, I guess you are referencing my blog, but you sure took a lot of liberty with the context that statement was made. Some guy attacked me on a thread for saying the "cream in your pants" isht but like 3 pages earlier a poster said exactly that, he was joking of course but I was responding to this post. Next thing I know some random cat shows up telling me "Dude get laid" because I was saying it wasn't that big of a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94niners
You are soooo bitter... and I find great joy in that.

Nothing wrong with being happy that the graphics seem to have improved. You should take that caricature you're making of everyone who likes the pic and retire it. It's not accurate. Plus, you should get laid. Something to calm you down and ease that ever negative mind of yours...
So that's your first point being moot.

See your problem is that you are attempting to paint all pessimists the same, while denying them to do the same to you, some Israel and Palestinian war games $#!t(supporting neither faction, but the situation is a back and forth blame game). Gullible, Optimists, setting yourself up, etc that is not even name calling or a big deal, That stuff is petty man, just like pessimist and *****, that's not even the main stuff I was referring to. I'm speaking strictly of personal attacks. You can go audit my posts and tell me when I have attacked someone, and I can clearly show you someone who instigated it with me through their reckless behavior.

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 03-27-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #210
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Further illustrates the lose-lose situation that Tiburon is in. If they come out of the gates and overwhelm us in August with a great game, a decent portion of the community is going to cling to the "we should've been seen this stuff," sentiment. While I don't necessarily disagree, I don't think it's fair to throw EA or any other business into a no-win situation. If they come out and thrill me, I'm going to steadfastly admit it. I won't have a, "well it's about time," sentiment.

We're just sharing opinions here obviously. I'm not attacking you or anyone else.
With all due respect, we've( the consumers) been robbed of simulation football for three years now. Tiburon deserves to be in a lose-lose situation.

That being said, I love the interaction and improvements that are being made by Ian and company. If madden is a quality game I'll be as thrilled as anyone; however, had they listened to our feed back three years ago, madden would be that much farther along.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #211
Rookie

OVR: 6

Ian,

you see man what you started with this thread? lol j/k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #212
Banned

OVR: 38

A change of topic anyone?
Old 03-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #213
Banned

OVR: 26

In the new Madden that type of thing is going to draw a penalty
Old 03-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #214
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Well then you and I must be reading entirely different posts because I see it all the time. I'm not going to go looking for screenshots etc, because it isn't worth my time, but I've been attacked numerous times, and you've seen it first hand so I don't know why you would sit there and act like you haven't.
94Niners definitely got after you. I was sort of surprised he took it as far as to call you what he did. Truthfully, that slipped my mind prior to making my point. Otherwise, I would've clarified. Now that's 70+ page thread so I too won't bother sifting through it, but if I recall, you were ruffling feathers prior to that. He still may have went to far, but I wouldn't say that he attacked you out of the blue sky.

Quote:
As far as the battered wives thing is concerned, I guess you are referencing my blog, but you sure took a lot of liberty with the context that statement was made. Some guy attacked me on a thread for saying the "cream in your pants" isht but like 3 pages earlier a poster said exactly that, he was joking of course but I was responding to this post. Next thing I know some random cat shows up telling me "Dude get laid" because I was saying it wasn't that big of a deal.
Lol, I wouldn't give myself that much credit if I were you. The battered wife theory has been going around long before December 2008 (when you joined OS). I did read your blog, but I can't recall the context in which you wrote. I was just picking out names and sentiments that I've read over the years as it relates to the optimists.

Quote:
See your problem is that you are attempting to paint all pessimists the same, while denying them to do the same to you, some Israel and Palestinian war games $#!t(supporting neither faction, but the situation is a back and forth blame game).
No, of course not. I don't paint all pessimists the same. If I did, I'd be having these healthy debates with other pessimists and not just you . Maybe it's not intentional, but your message often comes off as someone who's bitter and belittles others for showing enthusiasm. There's plenty of other people who share your ideas, but they express it in a healthier (for lack of better word) way.

P.S. this is just healthy discussion man. I don't want any other mods or members to think this is drama and see fit for the thread to be locked.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #215
Rookie

OVR: 8

madden hasn't turned any corner until the actual way the game plays has improved. i was for the inclusion of the refs and chaingang like anyone else, but for someone who already plays the past gen over the new gen, its not that impressive to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #216
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher

A change of topic anyone?
Is a foreskins fan really going to talk smack to us giant fans???? Do you really want me to put up Jacobs destroying Landry last season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »