Home

Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

This is a discussion on Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #241
Banned
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
So we will get a good game when the next generation of systems hits? Well, with how bad our economy is thats at least 4-7 years from now. Woohooo, i cant wait.

They may have said they started over, but alot of it looks the same as the last gen game to me. Graphics have gotten better, but how can they not? The way the ball flies through the air is HORRIBLE. I mean they go to school to learn how to make games and they couldnt do something better then that? Or how bad animations transition. In all honesty, rebuilt or not, it should be way way way better going into the 4th year now. If this was 06 still, i would be like alright, cool, they get a pass, but like i said its year 4 now.

Please CB, save them excuses. I hope Ian and them get it on the right path, because like some people have said 09 may have been the worst football game in recent memory with them at the helm.


Again, show me.
Good post. I never bought into the "built from the ground up" crap, either. I see too many of the same lousy animations from last gen to buy that excuse. To me, lack of talent/poor design focus better explains why Madden and NCAA are where they're at today.

For the record, though, we're heading into the 5th year of Madden on next gen, not the 4th.
GTheorenHobbes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #242
Banned
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
actually the reason Madden fell so far behind the 8-ball was because they tried to re-build everything from the ground up instead of porting over what they already had in place(ie: The Show series, NBA 2k series).

I would be very surprised that once the next hardware hits the shelves, if EA doesn't just use what they have and build upon it, instead of "starting from scratch".
This is the most ridiculous excuse I have heard in my life, PLEASE STOP! How many years in ADVANCE do you think EA had to work on next gen Madden? Stop acting like Microsoft and Sony dropped off a 360 and PS3 a couple of months before it went retail.

The developers can can talk this BS about redoing eveything till they turn blue in the face, but the fact is they just did a facelift on a old engine that's been here since the PS1. Wow, we got 3D stadiums, big effin deal.

Let's don't froget what happen to EA when the PS was released. EA was stuck standing around like a deer in the headlights. Their old garbage couldn't compete and they didn't even release a game the 1st year.

As far as turnning a corner, I don't think so. The fact still remains that EA thinks a Madden that plays like the Flintstones is a good game. How in the hell can you make a football game that's based on contact and not have a proper physics engine in place? How many years did it take to get gang tackles? Now we have gang tackles that look like an after thought and goofy big hits that look like Dino jumping on Fred.

The BOTTOM LINE is....

EA could care less about the older gamers, the gamers who made them what they are today, the gamers who know what this game could be and should be by now. Why do you think we have Easy Play and this Madden IQ BS? EA knows that the little kids are their future and as long as they can play it who cares if it resembles football or not.

Last edited by Pro Bowler; 03-28-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Pro Bowler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #243
Ready to chase #12
 
countryboy's Arena
 
OVR: 62
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Greenville, IN
Posts: 47,525
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
actually the reason Madden fell so far behind the 8-ball was because they tried to re-build everything from the ground up instead of porting over what they already had in place(ie: The Show series, NBA 2k series).

I would be very surprised that once the next hardware hits the shelves, if EA doesn't just use what they have and build upon it, instead of "starting from scratch".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
+1
Please stop jumping down my throat for saying whats been said by the devs themselves. If you don't agree, thats fine, but get off my back for relaying the info. Thanks.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039353242
__________________
I can't shave with my eyes closed. Meaning each day, I have to look at myself in the mirror and respect who I see.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
countryboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #244
Banned
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Please stop jumping down my throat for saying whats been said by the devs themselves. If you don't agree, thats fine, but get off my back for relaying the info. Thanks.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039353242
My point is, just kissing the dev's azz and repeating what they say isn't going to make this game better. We have all heard this excuse for 4 years running now.

It will be a damn shame if they port this crap to the next new hardware.
Pro Bowler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #245
Banned
 
OVR: 25
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 887
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
My point is, just kissing the dev's azz and repeating what they say isn't going to make this game better. We have all heard this excuse for 4 years running now.

It will be a damn shame if they port this crap to the next new hardware.


I'm not buying any NEW hardware. These console makers are out of their minds if they think I'll be buying new hardware anytime in the next 5 years. Heck, I just bought a Wii.

I still feel like they never delivered what they said I could expect as a consumer on 360 & PS3. No way in hell am I going to shell out money for another system...ah hell naw.
Guillotine 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #246
Ready to chase #12
 
countryboy's Arena
 
OVR: 62
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Greenville, IN
Posts: 47,525
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
My point is, just kissing the dev's azz and repeating what they say isn't going to make this game better. We have all heard this excuse for 4 years running now.

It will be a damn shame if they port this crap to the next new hardware.
I was responding to someone's post earlier as we were having a discussion along those lines. I'm not kissing azz, I was merely pointing something out for another poster. Thats it. Again, get off my back. And stop using my post and myself as a springboard for you to voice your displeasure for the game and its current state. You don't need me nor my opinion/posts for that, you can surely handle that on your own.
__________________
I can't shave with my eyes closed. Meaning each day, I have to look at myself in the mirror and respect who I see.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
countryboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #247
Banned
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Dec 2008
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
I'm not buying any NEW hardware. These console makers are out of their minds if they think I'll be buying new hardware anytime in the next 5 years. Heck, I just bought a Wii.

I still feel like they never delivered what they said I could expect as a consumer on 360 & PS3. No way in hell am I going to shell out money for another system...ah hell naw.
I agree. I keep hearing about PS4 and X-Box 720, lol. I"m not buying any new systems for awhile. I mean seriously, the PS3 is all I need, I can't imagine anything beyond that until they make virtual reality or something.
FadeEmAll is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #248
Need A Life
 
bkrich83's Arena
 
OVR: 64
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 70,198
Blog Entries: 124
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
This is the most ridiculous excuse I have heard in my life, PLEASE STOP! How many years in ADVANCE do you think EA had to work on next gen Madden? Stop acting like Microsoft and Sony dropped off a 360 and PS3 a couple of months before it went retail.

The developers can can talk this BS about redoing eveything till they turn blue in the face, but the fact is they just did a facelift on a old engine that's been here since the PS1. Wow, we got 3D stadiums, big effin deal.

Let's don't froget what happen to EA when the PS was released. EA was stuck standing around like a deer in the headlights. Their old garbage couldn't compete and they didn't even release a game the 1st year.

As far as turnning a corner, I don't think so. The fact still remains that EA thinks a Madden that plays like the Flintstones is a good game. How in the hell can you make a football game that's based on contact and not have a proper physics engine in place? How many years did it take to get gang tackles? Now we have gang tackles that look like an after thought and goofy big hits that look like Dino jumping on Fred.

The BOTTOM LINE is....

EA could care less about the older gamers, the gamers who made them what they are today, the gamers who know what this game could be and should be by now. Why do you think we have Easy Play and this Madden IQ BS? EA knows that the little kids are their future and as long as they can play it who cares if it resembles football or not.
Lighten up.
bkrich83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 AM.

Top -