Home

Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

This is a discussion on Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-28-2009, 02:01 PM   #249
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
I agree. I keep hearing about PS4 and X-Box 720, lol. I"m not buying any new systems for awhile. I mean seriously, the PS3 is all I need, I can't imagine anything beyond that until they make virtual reality or something.

Virtually, they really need to make these consoles on the market do what they heck I was promised they could do. I'm done spending on game systems bro...completely.

Next time I make a tech purchase...it will be a PC. I've had my desktop for like 6 years now...its time.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #250
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I was responding to someone's post earlier as we were having a discussion along those lines. I'm not kissing azz, I was merely pointing something out for another poster. Thats it. Again, get off my back. And stop using my post and myself as a springboard for you to voice your displeasure for the game and its current state. You don't need me nor my opinion/posts for that, you can surely handle that on your own.
My mistake, but who is using who as a springboard now? If it upsets you to have a post misquoted maybe the internet isn't for you. You're right, I don't need your post at all to make a point, but it sure as hell looks like you do. Now, get off my back.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #251
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I want to be clear....I'm not taking sides on the discussion of what new gen Madden should have been by now.

There is a side of me that is still fuming about how this whole "Next gen" football games have gone to this point. If someone would have told me five years ago this is where we'd be...I would have said..."You've got to be freaking kidding me!" And yes...in many ways I am certainly disappointed in the overall progress...or seemly lack there of. My personal opinion of why, isn't so much a lack of talent or vision, but instead a lack of investment...$.

The other side of me is...I've been fuming long enough. And it doesn't help anything. In fact for me now, it only makes me feel worse. EA/TIB history can't be washed away over night IMO. But there seems to be evidents that EA/Tiburon is reaching out to us in an effort to better things. I'm not trying to in anyway tell someone else how they should/shouldn't feel. But for me...I can either continue to be pissed off, or try to move forward and try to help with what little I can. I've chosen to move forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #252
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
My mistake, but who is using who as a springboard now? If it upsets you to have a post misquoted maybe the internet isn't for you. You're right, I don't need your post at all to make a point, but it sure as hell looks like you do. Now, get off my back.
LOL...

Alright man. Take care...

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 03-28-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #253
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
This is the most ridiculous excuse I have heard in my life, PLEASE STOP! How many years in ADVANCE do you think EA had to work on next gen Madden? Stop acting like Microsoft and Sony dropped off a 360 and PS3 a couple of months before it went retail.
Actually, in the case of the 360 that's more or less what happened:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/655/655273p1.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of the Xbox 360: Final Kits, Oct. 2 2005
We had seen the future of HD, and it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. The truth of the matter was that the vacuum of information that created one of the dullest summer sessions in countless years. It turns out this effect was partially created by design, partially because of the late delivery of Beta Kits.

Microsoft finally delivered Beta Development Kits in June, several weeks after they were promised to developers. Their delay partially caused the unimpressive E3 showing, but it also meant that developers didn't have the triple-core processors to work with until well into the summer. The kits, as reported in our feature story "Enter the Beta", were unstable and difficult for developers to adjust to at first, but in time their games started showing some breakthroughs. The Beta Kit architecture much more closely resembled the final console architecture, it showed real processing power, and it gave programmers a much clearer idea of how to address the totally new multi-core processors, which game developers had never seen before.
This was significant because it meant that the team responsible for developing the initial 360 Madden (i.e. the basic code that would be the foundation for all of EA's next-gen football titles for years to come) had to do so with only limited knowledge of how the final 360 hardware actually worked.

I'm not saying that was the sole cause of all of the problems we've seen with EA's next-gen fb titles (there were some very questionable design choices made as well), but it sure as hell didn't help.

Last game: Houston 44 Rice 7
Next game: 9/18 vs Grambling

Old 03-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #254
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

@ coorgfan, isn't it funny how quickly people forget, or for that matter were uninformed in the first place? Good post. +1.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #255
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1

I still feel like they never delivered what they said I could expect as a consumer on 360 & PS3. No way in hell am I going to shell out money for another system...ah hell naw.
I'm right there with ya Guillotine.

I'll be in absolutely no hurry to jump to spending what?...maybe $600 or more, of my families money on the next new systems...no way.

I only have the time to play a handful of games. Heck...I need In-Game saves because I have trouble finding the time to get through one game. My 360 the last four years has spend too much time with a dust cover over it as it is. I'm going to be far more patient next time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #256
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I'm right there with ya Guillotine.

I'll be in absolutely no hurry to jump to spending what?...maybe $600 or more, of my families money on the next new systems...no way.

I only have the time to play a handful of games. Heck...I need In-Game saves because I have trouble finding the time to get through one game. My 360 the last four years has spend too much time with a dust cover over it as it is. I'm going to be far more patient next time.

Man, I so hear you. I hear you bro.

EA, please add in-game saves for your family orientated fanbase.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »