Home

Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

This is a discussion on Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-26-2009, 12:37 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I think that Ian plans on BLOWING 2k5 out of the water in regards to presentation this year for TWO reasons.

1.) He NEVER wants us to compare Madden and 2k5 again.

2.) He WANTS that guy to tattoo the companies logo on [his] ***.

Oh, and something about wanting the best madden ever or something.
Ian has a longgg way to go in order to make the presentation anything close to 2K5. My friend is over here, and is playing it right now. And it's just ridiculous. I looked over at the TV and was like "DUDE WTF? LOOK AT THE FIELD!" There was a shadow from the blimp overhead on the field, moving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 12:57 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 16

I saw that too. that was pretty cool, except the shadow was huge. It made it seem like the blimp was the size of a zepplin, and passing only a couple feet above the stadium. I still thought it was cool though .
Old 03-26-2009, 01:00 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDogg09
I saw that too. that was pretty cool, except the shadow was huge. It made it seem like the blimp was the size of a zepplin, and passing only a couple feet above the stadium. I still thought it was cool though .
Haha yea, it was rather large. But it was still a nice little, unneeded touch. It's the little things that count sometimes ;]
Old 03-26-2009, 01:18 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 7

The community interaction and steady flow of tweaks and small changes/additions are starting to incite optimism in a lot of folks. Like everybody else, I can't wait to see gameplay footage of all this stuff coming together, not to mention the "big" stuff we haven't heard about yet.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:33 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
4 months ago this was quite an epic thread about refs and chain gang, which got QUITE heated:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum..****e-false.html

My favorite quote is below - from my boy Tyrant8RDFL from Queens (which I've actually had bookmarked all this time):

And now here we are, 4 months later worth of interaction, suggestions, changes, and information, and here is Tyrant's most recent post:

Woohoo! Turnarounds like this make us happy...this has been a KEY goal for us all along - to truly prove to our loyal fans that our new design team isn't messing around.

There's still a long way to go - and believe me I'm not saying we've won the battle because we aren't even close to done (and no one has even played the game yet), but it does feel good that at the very least people can see our vision and improvements, and get on board that we're all in this together to make the best game possible. It's been an exciting ride so far, that's for sure.

Ok, enough retrospective...back to work.

Tyrant8RDFL definitely LIT you guys up...pretty funny to read that...I'm not endorsing all of his comments but I can definitely feel his frustration. He's probably a dude just like me...Just give us a great sim with solid gameplay, physics and presentation and you wouldn't likely hear a peep from us...

A Bad Madden year for a hardcore Madden cat like me is just a BAD YEAR altogether...Call me crazy for putting so much of my leisure into whether Madden is good/great or not but thats just the way it is for me...So Ian when we light you guys up from time to time just know its coming from that LOVE we have for Madden deep down inside.

Personally while I think everything looks and sounds great so far I'm going to remain skeptical if for no other reason to save myself from another huge let down...I'd rather think the worst and be pleasantly surprised as opposed to having my hopes all high and getting buzzkilled by another sub par next gen Madden.

Where da hell is Dcas???

Last edited by dat swag; 03-26-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:58 AM   #30

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Can't wait for some screens of the other teams...But i'm going to hold my breathe on madden 10 until I see some gameplay thats where they need to bring it the most.

Also Great job on detail, the little things matter and it looks like EA is taking care of that pretty good.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:01 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 4

I can tell you this I have always been skeptical, to be truthfully honest I still am a bit.. But with all the changes you guys have done so far in just several months and you guys reaching out to the community, i'm starting to believe! The fact that you guys are truely reaching out and putting forth the effort in improving game in so many ways, shows alot..

Now we just need to see how it all moves in action! That will be the key in completely winning me over.. Keep up the good work Ian & Co..

Last edited by NYGmen56; 03-26-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 02:32 AM   #32
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

When EA and it's Reps started to reach out to the communities, seems lots of things started to improved.

Not only does the game seem to be getting the attention it's long needed...but the overall atmosphere between EA/TIB and the communities has improved as well.

Pretty amazing things can happen, when a company starts to show it's loyal customers that they do actually matter. Thanks Ian for being a major part of that difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »