Home

Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

This is a discussion on Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #33
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

My hope for Madden 10 is, I will pick it up at the midnight launch, bring it home and put it in my console, then I will feel like I used to before the exclusive deal happened. Like I'm playing the best football game made.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:17 AM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Wow, even I stuck my neck out in that thread.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #35
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I couldn't be more impressed from what I've heard on Madden so far. It actually has me excited for the first time in years. Unfortunately, the great direction Madden seems headed doesn't seem to be affecting the NCAA team who are focusing on non hardcore desires imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I Unfortunately, the great direction Madden seems headed doesn't seem to be affecting the NCAA team who are focusing on non hardcore desires imo.

On the NCAA blogs they have actually made a posting about OL/DL interaction and the new ability of the OL to actually create a pocket, and what really... not impressed..but suprised me... is that OT can make a DE or OLB take a wide loop around the QB taking him out of the play instead of just a standup block

i saw some potential in the madden screen shot showing protection...but nothing official like NCAA...which begs the question

will Madden have this?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 6

Ian,

No dissrespect to you and your team and believe me ,I like all the fans here, really appreciate your time on these boards along with Loomis, and Young, Phil, and Donny Boy, and the blogs and the little improvements so far seem promissing, here comes the BUT sandwich, BUT come Aug/Sept, when have my own hands on experience with the game or heck even see how the game plays through early videos, that is when we as fans can get really excited in my honest and humle opinion, if there is reason to be excited.

We have learned in the past not only from Madden games but just games in General, that screenshots can speak a 1000 words but do not necassirly translate to a great game.

Im not saying you are wrong or should not come on these boards to make post's like these, far from it, however I just sincerly hope you guys live up to your word and give us all what we want, so we can never again compare Madden to the greatness that was 2k5, because lets be honest the notion of comparing a sports game from the present to a game that came out in 2004 is a little rediculous.

Last edited by S1ARk5; 03-26-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is the 1st i've ever seen game developers talk with so many fans on such a regular basis, provide details examples of the work and progress being made in the game, actually posting afew polls to take the gaming community's opinion. So thank you so much Ian and Phil esspecially(most common posters) for really clueing us in this year. I bought my PS3 for one game and one game alone, Madden. Thank good i didn't buy it till 09 came out... before i had second guessed my purchase and was considering selling my PS3 after just afew months, not anymore

Unlike in previous years in madden where about a month from now we'd get a pic or 2, acouple weeks later we'd see a commercial or 2 that looks amazing, and a month later we'd hear about some features, and then finally a month later we'd have a crappy game

but not his year... we see what Ian and co. are focusing on, how quickly they are trying to knock out one improvement after another improvement, how they are truely focusing on the football aspect, and the physics/physical part of the game

if the game does turn out crappy again this year..which is relatively unlikely... atleast we know it won't be due to a lack of effort/commitment/customer interaction

that being said, all this interaction is definitly raising some of the expectations. So there isn't going to be to much middle ground, Madden 2010 is either going to be a 9 out of 10 on the hardcore scale(not 30 minute BS magazine review like PSM or IGN) and blow us away....or its going to create a riot
Old 03-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 18

I am thankful for all the interaction, updates and honesty from the development team. I think they are doing a great job in re-working the gameplay. I look forward to the blogs and threads that continue to show progress and tease us with screenshots.

I sincerely hope that presentation gets a SERIOUS overhaul. That is the only way to silence the comparisons to NFL 2K5. I really want this to happen because im tired of playing a game from 5+ years ago. The post last week about problems with custom cameras (options other than the classic/madden cams) was a huge dissapointment. Framing your football game authentically is critical. This is what other sports games have been perfecting and is what keeps players immersed while they play/watch. I hope we hear some good news on this subject in the months to come. Keep up the great work EA. Presentation please.

Last edited by johnprestonevans; 03-26-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 35

hopefully one of those bugs is the play clock

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »