Home

Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

This is a discussion on Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-26-2009, 12:44 PM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
Yeah, I mean people have to understand that many companies use online communities (facebook, blogs etc) to promote their product. It is the nature of the 21st century. Creating a social connection with their audience is the basis of branding. Lol at people thinking "wow they are cool, they are taking their time off just to talk to us." Guys, its a business. Let us not get too swept away in the promotion until we can be reasonably assured the product will be quality. For me personally, if you you strike out four times in a row, I would be hesitant to believe that the next pitch will be a home run. Honestly, this thread irks me a bit because the tone of it is gloating. They really have no room to gloat.
I can see it both ways, though.

Before this year, Madden did not interact with the communities this early in the process of Madden. Heck, I think Ian came in here a month before 09 shipped. Some interaction is better than 0 interaction, wouldn't you agree? Also, I'm old enough to know about the "coolness" of taking their time off to talk with OS."

You are calling it a promotion or marketing tool? I understand that, but what do you call the Madden team implementing ideas from OS into 10. Another marketing ploy? Sorry, I just don't buy that. The internet message boards are a small percentage of buyers for Madden.

I do look back at striking out 4 times in a row, but also, I don't worry about it because there isn't anything anyone can do with the past.

The only reason I'm wiping the slate clean is because this is a new team producing Madden. The next Madden might not be a HR, but it could be a double or triple. We won't know until August. As I stated previously, it's too preliminary to glorify Madden and too early to condemn it. People can be excited though at this particular stage and they can dwell in the past as well.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Lol, I feel the same way.
If you don't like my opinion that is fine, I respect yours even though I may disagree with it.

I just find it absurd and quite disheartening about the reasons for which we are praising this new Madden team. We praise them for their Hard work, dedication, and making a realistic football game... I think you'll agree that we hold other developers of different sport titles and game genres to the same standards with the exception that their goals be to produce the most realistic or best game possible.

Now explain to me why we are praising a team for not exceeding these standards, but finally meeting them after four years? The thigs that Ian and such have done are relatively major, but in context the new additions to the series are problems that should've never been problems in the first place (Realistic momentum, blocking, etc). Sure they have improved Madden, but in my opinion just to the standard at which games like NBA 2K and MLB The Show have set for some time now...

Again, these are all just my opinions. A team shouldn't be praised or lauded for working hard or finally getting things right, quite honestly these should be expected.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #59
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
Now explain to me why we are praising a team for not exceeding these standards, but finally meeting them after four years? The thigs that Ian and such have done are relatively major, but in context the new additions to the series are problems that should've never been problems in the first place (Realistic momentum, blocking, etc). Sure they have improved Madden, but in my opinion just to the standard at which games like NBA 2K and MLB The Show have set for some time now...
Further illustrates the lose-lose situation that Tiburon is in. If they come out of the gates and overwhelm us in August with a great game, a decent portion of the community is going to cling to the "we should've been seen this stuff," sentiment. While I don't necessarily disagree, I don't think it's fair to throw EA or any other business into a no-win situation. If they come out and thrill me, I'm going to steadfastly admit it. I won't have a, "well it's about time," sentiment.

We're just sharing opinions here obviously. I'm not attacking you or anyone else.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #60
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
If you don't like my opinion that is fine, I respect yours even though I may disagree with it.

I just find it absurd and quite disheartening about the reasons for which we are praising this new Madden team. We praise them for their Hard work, dedication, and making a realistic football game... I think you'll agree that we hold other developers of different sport titles and game genres to the same standards with the exception that their goals be to produce the most realistic or best game possible.

Again, these are all just my opinions. A team shouldn't be praised or lauded for working hard or finally getting things right, quite honestly these should be expected.
I respect your opinion, you're entitled to it. However, ask yourself this. Is it fair to blame Ian and his team for the failures of the previous Madden regime?

What Ian is doing this year has never been done by any previous Madden developers. We all can agree on that. They've listened to our every plea, and have made every effort to implement most of our ideas. To me, that's HUGE. We can, and WILL commend them for that. If you feel differently about that, and choose to focus on the past instead of looking ahead, that's fine. Just don't undermine anyone's enthusiasm because you don't feel the same way.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #61
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I respect your opinion, you're entitled to it. However, ask yourself this. Is it fair to blame Ian and his team for the failures of the previous Madden regime?

What Ian is doing this year has never been done by any previous Madden developers. We all can agree on that. They've listened to our every plea, and have made every effort to implement most of our ideas. To me, that's HUGE. We can, and WILL commend them for that. If you feel differently about that, and choose to focus on the past instead of looking ahead, that's fine. Just don't undermine anyone's enthusiasm because you don't feel the same way.
Well said and played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #62
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

I agree, they haven't proven anything yet.

You can tell your wife that the sex is gonna be great tonight; but if you dont perform, she'll be even more dissapointed the next morning when she has to look at you again...

Last edited by EAreaper26; 03-26-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 6

What has been proven tho so far is that most fans are very much willing to suck these developers deep for finally showing a screenshot of the game and implementing ideas that last gen sports games had. That to me is sad.

With that said I am not going to sit here and say Great JOB EA WOW you have come through, when in reality they HAVE NOT YEET, and I am not going to say F U EA, same old same old when in fact we will not know this untill Aug/Sept.

But I do find it funny how some fans are just prostetuting themselves in front of these developers....
Old 03-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

And this is what I have been trying to say all along. Much respect to Rgiles and G2the core for keeping this exchange civil between the two points as they have often done with me. It' s not that anyone is saying that Ian and CO suck, EA sucks or whatever, the point is that we have really seen nothing extraordinary YET. Some people act as if the game has already been released and they have it in hand and it's great!!! The work done SO FAR most certainly deserves praise for bringing Madden UP TO PAR, with what a next gen title should be, but so far they have not exceeded what should be our expectations for a "next gen" game. when people disagree with other for being excited no one is telling everyone "you guys are losers for believeing you will get a great game" we are just saying be cautious because we don't want to see you get hurt again, lol. No we cannnot blame Ian for the failures of the past team, that is a very true statement, but we do have reason to doubt those who put em in place because we have seen them make poor decisions in the past. This new team appears to be taking the ball and running with it, but a lot of people thought Madoff was the isht too, and sub-prime loans, and the housing bubble, etc., etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »