Home

A Few of the 11 New NFL Rules That May Impact Madden

This is a discussion on A Few of the 11 New NFL Rules That May Impact Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
A Few of the 11 New NFL Rules That May Impact Madden

• On onside kicks, the kicking team can't have more than five players bunched together. After reviewing tape, owners also concluded that too many guys were getting hurt on onside kicks. And it makes sense. You've got one group of guys that will be just standing there, waiting for the football, and a group of other guys running directly at them, just trying to take them out, one-by-one. That danger's still there, but it's been lessened.
  • • Forming a "wedge" on a kickoff return is no longer legal. If three or more players line up shoulder-to-shoulder within two yards of each other, it will be a penalty.Traditionally, kickoff return teams line up about four guys in a wedge in front of a kick returner, and tell them to stay lined up, run as fast as they can, and clear a path for the ball carrier. Meanwhile, the kicking team will send players down the field, running as fast as they can, with instructions only to hit the players in the wedge as hard as they can. If that sounds extremely violent to you, it's because it is. The owners determined it was causing too many injuries. I know that big hits happen on a football field, and that's fine, but we should probably avoid situations where we purposely set up people to hit each other with as much force and contact as two massive human beings possibly can muster.
  • • If a fumble or lateral goes out of bounds, the clock will stop only until the referee signals ready for play.
    And now, let's take a second to go back to the five safety rule changes (or four rule changes, and one "clarification," as the league would tell you) passed yesterday, which have been slightly controversial. A lot of people feel like the NFL is taking too much contact out of the game, and not letting players play. I don't agree, I like the rule changes, and I say we go through them one-by-one.
  • • There's a new waiver period during the first two weeks of training camp, and the postseason waiver period will begin after the NFL's final game, whether it's the Pro Bowl or the Super Bowl.

Sorry guys if you dont these dont impact madden i did this fast and thought it was interesting

Article is here if you want to see the complete 11 rules
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »