Home

I have done a complete 180 on my excitement for Madden 2010

This is a discussion on I have done a complete 180 on my excitement for Madden 2010 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: I have done a complete 180 on my excitement for Madden 2010

The new Depth Visuals are cool - they should make the CPU vs. CPU games look more like a TV presentation, which is one of my wishes.

I'm just worried they are working too much on the Visual Depth and not enough on the other Presentation issues, like transitions and atmosphere.

I want more "TV-style presentation" going on, like better commentary, more fan footage and more sideline footage.

Living sidelines would be nice, instead of just dead-pan players standing in one spot the entire time not reacting to anything, including players running right at them as they go out of bounds.

I don't like the camera cutting after each play - I want the on-field stuff to be continuous. I want to see players running of the field and coming on the field, huddling up, QB's yelling at the sidelines for the play to come in - even if it's being overlaid by the playcalling menu... I want it to be fluid and continuous.

I hate breaks in the on-field stuff. I hate the screen going black after each play and just seeing a big playcalling screen with nothing else happeneing. It's like one second you're on the field, the next second you're on a box with a playbook. The crowd's gone, the players are gone... it kills the immersion.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 13

While im extremely grateful to ea/tiburon/m10 devs for allowing us unprecendented access to the development of M10... im going to reserve my "180 spin" until i see video evidence of said improvements. I'm praying that the game will be as "good" as it "sounds"...but i've grown to not trust ea and that won't entirely dissipate until i play the game or witness it being played. The game being "freeze free" this year is as big a reason for me to buy it as much as anything else.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82
I'm 27 and I can't wait for the "Ghostbusters" game to come out. What's that say about me? lol
You have all right to be. How heard that game is gonna be badd. I really want the Indiana Jones game thou.

Last edited by ChampN252; 03-26-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82
I'm 27 and I can't wait for the "Ghostbusters" game to come out. What's that say about me? lol
So am I!!! Well I'm really excited about the Ghostbusters game but I'm 15 not 26....
Old 03-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #13
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

You guys are aware this pregame optimism has happened EVERY YEAR right? I will not buy this series again until it comes out and is considered a must buy. I have APF and NHL 09 to handle my sports fix.

I do like reading this forum because the guys down the road from me at Tiburon are trying, and I respect that they understand the task at hand.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #14
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
You guys are aware this pregame optimism has happened EVERY YEAR right? I will not buy this series again until it comes out and is considered a must buy. I have APF and NHL 09 to handle my sports fix.

I do like reading this forum because the guys down the road from me at Tiburon are trying, and I respect that they understand the task at hand.
Yes you are correct. The one thing that Madden nails every single year is how their team markets the game. The hype machine gets going earlier and earlier every year. But something just feels different this time around. I have never seen so much interaction between the developers and the hardcore sim fans in here. So much so that I think the Madden team is really putting themselves out there. If they can't get it right this year after all this talk (and make the arcade style Madden more enjoyable for sim gamers), then I really think that they will lose a pretty decent size fan base....probably not enough to put a dent in their pockets, but they may lose some respect from some hardcore football gamers. I consider operationsports a major gaming site that is constantly growing, and if people here don't like it, it may hurt their reputation.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
Yes you are correct. The one thing that Madden nails every single year is how their team markets the game. The hype machine gets going earlier and earlier every year. But something just feels different this time around. I have never seen so much interaction between the developers and the hardcore sim fans in here. So much so that I think the Madden team is really putting themselves out there. If they can't get it right this year after all this talk (and make the arcade style Madden more enjoyable for sim gamers), then I really think that they will lose a pretty decent size fan base....probably not enough to put a dent in their pockets, but they may lose some respect from some hardcore football gamers. I consider operationsports a major gaming site that is constantly growing, and if people here don't like it, it may hurt their reputation.
I completely agree, they have to deliever or else EA, Tiburon and Ian will end up looking like clowns and will lose all credibility in the eyes of many. I personally believe that there is no better marketing than your own reputation.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »