Home

Franchise Mode worries with implementation of Head Coach

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode worries with implementation of Head Coach within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden 22 Gameplay in 4K: Full Game With Presentation Between Packers and Bears
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-27-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Franchise Mode worries with implementation of Head Coach

I started playing Head Coach a lot more in the last few weeks. I am in my forth or fifth season and I have been seeing a problem. I have been having a lot of fun and like a lot of what they did minus a few annoying bugs that can kill the fun fast.

The game freezes.

So, I went into the Head Coach forums and BAME the 6th post was someone with the same EXACT problem:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ng-issues.html

Head Coach has been out for quit some time and apparently this bug hasn't been found and/or patched.

The team from Head Coach is coming to Madden this year and while I am really looking forward to it I am worried about BUGS that make it into the game. This bug hasn't even been patched out this far after release.

Ian and company, you guys really sound like you are making a great game this year BUT I am really worried about bugs like this.

I know someone might say well they are too busy making Madden 10 a great game to worry about bugs from a previous year. BUT if you can't sell a game that works why should anyone trust that the next year will be any different. No matter how great a game it is bugs will ruin it.

I really DO NOT want to get all exited (which I am) to buy the game and find that there a bugs in it AND after they are discovered are NEVER fixed because you are too busy working on the next game.

If the previous year's game has bugs they MUST get fixed PERIOD.

AND this shouldn't happen again year in and year out that the game gets shipped bugged with the idea oh well we can always patch it because well sometimes obviously if never gets done.....

You guys have all my faith but this experience with Head Coach really just brought back the bad feelings from all the game freezes from Madden 09 and just makes me concerned. You did address the Madden 09 but it is tough to swallow that Head Coach's haven't been by now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 01:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Franchise Mode worries with implementation of Head Coach

With all the new features they are adding this year it also worries me that some of the things won't work exactly as intended or there will be some bugs. Hopefully they will be able to patch the game quickly if needed.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:28 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
With all the new features they are adding this year it also worries me that some of the things won't work exactly as intended or there will be some bugs. Hopefully they will be able to patch the game quickly if needed.
That's what happened with 2k5, they added so much that there were some bugs/glitches.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 22

yes indeed. i got to game 3 of my FIRST SEASON as head coach.... and it froze. fortunately, I was able to get it to work again after a few days. But again Ian and EA, please use updates and add-ons to your advantage if everything isn't fixed by launch.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:52 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 19

I enjoyed playing Head Coach a lot too. I only rented it so i never had it freeze on me. For everyone afraid of Head Coach's freezing problem coming to madden remember...Head Coach 09 and Madden 09 had freezing problems in the franchise mode. No way EA lets this happen again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

My HC never froze, and it's performance was significantly better once I installed it to the Hard Drive.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 24

I never had HC freeze on me, but I heard of the issue. I've come to accept that there will be glitches/freezes/bugs so I just hope they can patch them easily.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
My HC never froze, and it's performance was significantly better once I installed it to the Hard Drive.
Exactly the same thing I did. The game never froze on me either but I would lose volume during the game. I thought maybe it was something on the disk(rental), so I installed it to my HD and never had another problem. Worth a shot for you guys having problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »