Home

To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yall

This is a discussion on To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yall within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 04:24 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 19
Re: To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yal

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Gameplay first... presentation is critical, but not quite as important. If you are going to throw one out, it's gotta be presentation.

agreed.... both are extremely important but gameplay has to come first
Old 03-27-2009, 04:30 AM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yal

Apex, I ask that you aslo be fair when talkign about game play.

While some of your videos are right on in regards to animations, clipping, and glitches, to be fair you are also dead wrong on other things.

I love how over and over you make videos about how sped or rattings mean nothing or that the MLB picking off a bullet pass is unrelisitc, or that defenders to try to stop passes and when they do it is either 100% tip or collision detecion makes it go through thier hands. I urge you to look at my video on youtube found here and tell me what you think.

Game play is BIG deal and can make or break a game, but Presentation does as well. 2k5 has a lot of AI flaws in game play but the presentation is so stunnign that players forgive the gameplay shortcommings. the problem with madden is the lack of presentation causes users to break down the flaws in game play leaving them with nothing to be happy with.

The two go hand in hand. If Madden has great presentation many palyers will forgive the gameplay, if it has fantstic gameplay this year [finally?] we could forgive poor presentation [becasue ian and his crew have shown us REAL progress]. If we have both, we may have the greates NFL eve. if we have nither, well, we'll have one of the worst. [You have to WORK to be as bad as QB Club 02]
Old 03-27-2009, 04:56 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexbronx
Lets not Confuse the Guys at EA who were wise enough to give us an ear on the making of Madden 2010, but uniforms, Shoulder Pads and 3D Grass, or whatever tickles your Cosmetic Fancy all takes a back seat to stuff like Gameplay, Physics, Speed, Agility and Acceleration Differentials Not to mention Created Plays and Custom Playbooks all Takes Preference over the Cosmetics of the Game Any Day of the week.

Lets not Lose Focus on what really Counts, Pure Football First. With All these Cosmetic Suggestions I see here EA Might Get Confused, and if thats the case (God Forbid) don't get Mad at EA if some Perfumed dodo Comes out. With that being said Lets Concentrate on what Matters First

P.S No Offense to anybody here
Incorrect. Presentation and attention to detail are just as important as gameplay. It's attitudes such as yours that gives devs the idea that it's ok to push an unpolished or incomplete product. There's no reason people shouldn't be able to expect the same from the presentation aspect of the game as they do from the gameplay. Both should be on par with each other. There's no reason we should have to pick and choose between things that SHOULD be added.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 05:06 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 35

Whoa!
Old 03-27-2009, 05:27 AM   #13

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

I want gameplay over fluff and it seems like we are getting both. But everything that has been confirmed about the game so far is shaping up to be the best madden yet...But still a little skeptical...

And i agree, it is the art team and they did ask us...

So I say madden gamers getcha cometics on "in the art team's thread" and only there. unless there is another thread pertaining to the specifics of what players wears.

No one has forgotten the importance of the gameplay its what we all have been whining about...I hope no one has forgotten anyway!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 05:33 AM   #14
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Let us not lose focus that there are different teams designated to gameplay, and art.

I don't know how many times this needs to be stressed, there isn't just like 4 or 5 guys working on the game and all they are doing are working on gameplay and then when we ask for details in equipment or fields or etc. they have to take time and work away from working on gameplay to do so.

That is just not how this game is made, the director of the art team is on here at OS and is able to look at all of our equipment and field and uniform and detail needs.
Still waiting for everyone to realize this, we don't have to sacrifice one for the other, there are teams who develop the game to ensure the best in both areas.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:25 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Still waiting for everyone to realize this, we don't have to sacrifice one for the other, there are teams who develop the game to ensure the best in both areas.
Um...

I'm here, but i'v known all along that there were seperate teams working on the different aspects of the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 07:43 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 21

I dont think anyone on either side of the gameplay first/presentation first debate can stake claims to any success/failure of Madden 2010.

The game is not finished. Ian is showing whats done so far so we all can see progress from last years game, thats all. Until we play a demo everything is speculation.

I have a bunch of questions I would like to ask and a bunch of things i would like to see implemented in this years game, but we gotta excercise a little restraint and patience. There is only so much they can work on at a time and so much info they can give out right now.

They are it seems showing off the pretty side of the game(which is probably the easy part to get done first) now and I am sure will show off whatever meat and potatos(gameplay) they have improved later.

I am with APEX on how he feels, but I think he is jumping the gun on dumping his feelings about it. Give them time to show what they got.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »