Home

To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yall

This is a discussion on To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yall within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 03:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 22
To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yall

Lets not Confuse the Guys at EA who were wise enough to give us an ear on the making of Madden 2010, but uniforms, Shoulder Pads and 3D Grass, or whatever tickles your Cosmetic Fancy all takes a back seat to stuff like Gameplay, Physics, Speed, Agility and Acceleration Differentials Not to mention Created Plays and Custom Playbooks all Takes Preference over the Cosmetics of the Game Any Day of the week.

Lets not Lose Focus on what really Counts, Pure Football First. With All these Cosmetic Suggestions I see here EA Might Get Confused, and if thats the case (God Forbid) don't get Mad at EA if some Perfumed dodo Comes out. With that being said Lets Concentrate on what Matters First

P.S No Offense to anybody here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 03:24 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yal

I like your videos better.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:28 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: To all the People Here at OS, we must remember Gameplay over Cosmetics Please yal

WRONG, Presentation and Detail is JUST as important as gameplay.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:34 AM   #4
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexbronx
Lets not Confuse the Guys at EA who were wise enough to give us an ear on the making of Madden 2010, but uniforms, Shoulder Pads and 3D Grass, or whatever tickles your Cosmetic Fancy all takes a back seat to stuff like Gameplay, Physics, Speed, Agility and Acceleration Differentials Not to mention Created Plays and Custom Playbooks all Takes Preference over the Cosmetics of the Game Any Day of the week.

Lets not Lose Focus on what really Counts, Pure Football First. With All these Cosmetic Suggestions I see here EA Might Get Confused, and if thats the case (God Forbid) don't get Mad at EA if some Perfumed dodo Comes out. With that being said Lets Concentrate on what Matters First

P.S No Offense to anybody here
Let us not lose focus that there are different teams designated to gameplay, and art.

I don't know how many times this needs to be stressed, there isn't just like 4 or 5 guys working on the game and all they are doing are working on gameplay and then when we ask for details in equipment or fields or etc. they have to take time and work away from working on gameplay to do so.

That is just not how this game is made, the director of the art team is on here at OS and is able to look at all of our equipment and field and uniform and detail needs.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:41 AM   #5
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
I agree there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 03:42 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

First of all, if people want to go crazy over the screens and info released, that's up to them. And who's to say that gameplay is the MOST important aspect of the game? I mean I personally think it is, but those who feel otherwise and think that other aspects are just as important, thats good too. I don't mean to call you out or rain on your post, but I don't really understand all of the hushing of people's excitement over what we have seen so far...
Old 03-27-2009, 03:48 AM   #7
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
QFT
Old 03-27-2009, 04:20 AM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

A great game with poor graphics and poor presentation may not be as engrossing, engaging, or satisfying on the surface, but it's still a great game. I point to High Heat as my evidence. A game with great presentation and **** gameplay is a **** game, and I point to 2k's baseball franchise as my evidence.

Gameplay first... presentation is critical, but not quite as important. If you are going to throw one out, it's gotta be presentation.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »