Home

Old 03-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #17
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Let SCEA make a NFL game!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjay14
SCEA's work as a whole, just in the last year or so, blows EVERYONE out of the water... no developer is even close

MLB The Show
Killzone 2
God of War 3
Hot Shots Golf: oob
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Little Big Planet
Gran Tourismo Prologue

sure NBA the inside isnt all that good, but it also hant been around for a decade+ like live or 2k and has made big strides in the 3 years its been made. Graphically it may be the best as well.

look what the show did in year 3 and 4... i think the inside will be up to par in years 4 and 5. id give SCEA the benefit of the doubt on an NFL game
lol scea been making b ball games before 2k, NBA shootout, NBA basketball, and now inside they keep changing the name but the quality is still the same, I still don't know how you can make such a good baseball game and make a basketball game that still plays like a ps2 game on a ps3 console.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #18
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Did someone just use the word "whack" in an actual sentence?

lol

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 03-27-2009, 09:21 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwas676
lol scea been making b ball games before 2k, NBA shootout, NBA basketball, and now inside they keep changing the name but the quality is still the same, I still don't know how you can make such a good baseball game and make a basketball game that still plays like a ps2 game on a ps3 console.
What's wrong with a PS2 game? People have been clamoring for PS2 like quality on a PS3 for football for quite some time now. Hopefully those demands end this August.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:35 AM   #20
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
What's wrong with a PS2 game? People have been clamoring for PS2 like quality on a PS3 for football for quite some time now. Hopefully those demands end this August.

lol have you played the game man to sum it up live is Kobe and 2k is Jordan, then nba the inside is some scrub on the street wishing he was Kobe and Jordan.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
SCEA's work as a whole, just in the last year or so, blows EVERYONE out of the water... no developer is even close

MLB The Show
Killzone 2
God of War 3
Little Big Planet
Gran Tourismo Prologue

sure NBA
I would tend to agree with you on most points because I'm a PS# gamer, but to me Little Big Planet and Hot Shots Golf are easily some of the most over-rated titles, right below Wii Fit, Fable, and World of Warcraft (there's some for every console people)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 12

If I do recall, NFL Gameday was pretty shoddy once they shifted from 2D to 3D.

I give them credit for being the first NFL video game to use 3D polygon players on consoles, but it was plagued with issues.

I think they were 989 Studios correct? (Sony's in-house developer)

But HEY - I' m100% in favor of open-license for NFL games.

I miss having OPTIONS, even if some weren't' that good.

Having only Madden is very disappointing.

Ian and company have the added burden of not only making better Madden games every year, but being the ONLY NFL game every year.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Or hell, look at SCEA's basketball game. EASILY the worst of the 3 NBA titles available. Just a TERRIBLE game.
I agree with you.

I love the show i think it is great and let us not forget that back in the ps1 days Madden was getting kind of stale when 989 sports came out with NFL Gameday which forced Madden to ante up and acutally deliver a good game again.

i would love the idea of SCEA developing a football game.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:

MLB The Show
Killzone 2
God of War 3
Little Big Planet
Gran Tourismo Prologue

sure NBA the inside isnt all that good, but it also hant been around for a decade+ like live or 2k and has made big strides in the 3 years its been made. Graphically it may be the best as well.

look what the show did in year 3 and 4... i think the inside will be up to par in years 4 and 5. id give SCEA the benefit of the doubt on an NFL game
Dude, the only game on that list that SCEA developed was MLB 09. The rest are developed by studios (for example KZ2 is made by Guerilla Games) owned by Sony.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »