Home

Old 03-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Let SCEA make a NFL game!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
I would tend to agree with you on most points because I'm a PS# gamer, but to me Little Big Planet and Hot Shots Golf are easily some of the most over-rated titles, right below Wii Fit, Fable, and World of Warcraft (there's some for every console people)
whats your definition of overrated? Hotshots golf is in its 5th release of the series and has a cult following. there are tons and tons of users online. online has no lag and a cool lobby system. both online and offline modes are outstanding... and its the prefect balance... it plays like a sim but the cartoonish charecters give it a bit of an arcade feel.

Little big planet also rocks.... its like 3D mario on steroids. and user created levels online make it so it has the ultimate replay value. there are some very creative gamers out their now making some sick levels.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
I'd just prefer for Sony to fork out all of its money in The Show; I remember the NFL Gamedays (anyone remember the NFL blitz knockoff - NFL Extreme?!?) and NCAA Gamebreaker games but all of them only had 1-2 years of good games then dropped.
i loved ncaa gamebreakers... i wanna say 97 but i could be wrong... ti was ron daynes senior year... at the time i thought the game was done very well... it really had that college feel to it
Old 03-27-2009, 02:30 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sim God

remember this game.

gameday was sweet UNTIL dreamcast came out and nfl2k came out alongside it. thats when gameday took a backseat.
William "Bar None" Floyd!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

How about a Nintendo football game? I mean Mario Super Sluggers is a decent game. Also who's gonna make the UFL & USFL games? Does EA own the rights to those leagues yet?
Old 03-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 32

It's the developers, not the company...obviously the MLB developers at Sony have some talent and know what goes into making a good BASEBALL game..

I think Ian, Phil and the crew also have this same talent level and know what a good football game should look like..you will see this with Madden 10.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #38
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

SCEA makes a great baseball game. I love the Show...Im sorry though Gameday after 98 just flat out sucked IMO. One good game does not equal another...

While I would love a non exclusive football license. Gameday would not be my choice for competition. WHo knows maybe Sony could do something decent but i dont think it would be on any level with 2K or EA. Just my opinion.
MLB: Red Sox, Marlins
NHL: Panthers
http://twitter.com/Badboy49er
Old 03-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #39
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sim God

remember this game.

gameday was sweet UNTIL dreamcast came out and nfl2k came out alongside it. thats when gameday took a backseat.
That game was terrible. William Floyd is my all-time favorite Fullback though

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #40
Rookie

justmanj's Arena

OVR: 12

did anyone ever play 989/SCEA's hockey franchise? that seems to be the only game of theirs we haven't mentioned yet. I honestly only remember playing it once in like 97 and remebering it sucked. The also did a soccer game too that is as recent as PSP launch. that game was also horrible. nowhere near the level of fifa or winning 11/pro evo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »