Home

WR animations

This is a discussion on WR animations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
WR animations

Just curious if we will get some info on new animations soon. One position I feel really needs help with animations is the WR position.

First, there is no foot drag animations, and very few toe tap animations. Foot drag I mean you throw it towards the back of the endzone but the WR takes too many normal steps so it's out of bounds. Toe taps are in 09 but are very infrequent.

Also, I never see WR's diving to make a catch. This could be full horizontal or even just cutting the ball off, but pretty much the only time a WR catches the ball is standing vertically.

Lastly, I think the really good WR's need some improvements. In 09 there was nothing that separated a 95 WR with an 85 WR. I should be afraid to put 1 on 1 coverage of Andre Johnson, and his animations should give him leverage 8 out of 10 times on a 1 on 1 against an average CB.

Just hoping we'll hear about and even better maybe we'll see some new animations soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: WR animations

I hope so, i think every current WR animation is ugly and not smooth. Too many hesitations in the movements, crocodile arms, every time someone makes a catch it slows them down. Theres no such thing as hitting anyone in stride in NG Maddens.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

I agree, animation wise, the is NOTHING that seperates a superstar from a 77ovr. Hell, i would even go as far as to say threat wise as well. A high speed low OVR is just as likly to burn a high ovr DB as a superstar is. There needs to be a DISTINCT difference.

And i hope they scrap weapons altogether. Just lame and really only served as an indicator to casual fans of who is what. Thought it was a bogus and lame feature. ALWAYS turned them off even in 08....useless. Lets be honest. most people after a game or 2 realize that EVERYONE is just about equal regardless of their OVR rating. This is where the ARCADE element of MADDEN really shows up.

just my .02
Old 03-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I agree, animation wise, the is NOTHING that seperates a superstar from a 77ovr. Hell, i would even go as far as to say threat wise as well. A high speed low OVR is just as likly to burn a high ovr DB as a superstar is. There needs to be a DISTINCT difference.

And i hope they scrap weapons altogether. Just lame and really only served as an indicator to casual fans of who is what. Thought it was a bogus and lame feature. ALWAYS turned them off even in 08....useless. Lets be honest. most people after a game or 2 realize that EVERYONE is just about equal regardless of their OVR rating. This is where the ARCADE element of MADDEN really shows up.

just my .02
EA is completely overhauling player ratings this year so that the star players and faster players feel more like star and faster players. I'll assume that means they're going to work on some stuff for WR's/DB's, etc.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
EA is completely overhauling player ratings this year so that the star players and faster players feel more like star and faster players. I'll assume that means they're going to work on some stuff for WR's/DB's, etc.
Was very aware of that. But i was refering to ALL the past madden games on the curren gen of consoles.

The thing i am most curious about is the overall speed sliders they are adding. I feel this could also help along with Nerfing ALL player ratings.

There are only so many TRUE stars in the NFL...But madden TRIPLES that number and completely ruins any type of ralism and balance as well as progression. There should ONLY be high 90 ovr for the TOP 5 players by position. There are so many players who should be MID 80's who are mid 90's instead. This would actually make progression meaN SOMETHING.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Was very aware of that. But i was refering to ALL the past madden games on the curren gen of consoles.

The thing i am most curious about is the overall speed sliders they are adding. I feel this could also help along with Nerfing ALL player ratings.

There are only so many TRUE stars in the NFL...But madden TRIPLES that number and completely ruins any type of ralism and balance as well as progression. There should ONLY be high 90 ovr for the TOP 5 players by position. There are so many players who should be MID 80's who are mid 90's instead. This would actually make progression meaN SOMETHING.
In one of the first blogs for Madden '10, they pretty much stated that they are nerfing the ratings down for a lot of players.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #7
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
In one of the first blogs for Madden '10, they pretty much stated that they are nerfing the ratings down for a lot of players.
Well ratings is one thing, animations are another. I'm glad to hear that they're adjusting the ratings. But like the OP stated, the animations for the elite players are still trash. They need to change everything from acceleration animations, to cuts etc. I know we've seen the double move animations posted by Ian a while back, but I hope that he has more in store for us.

Most importantly, I hope we get a wide variety of each animations, so we don't get tired of seeing the same ones over and over.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Well ratings is one thing, animations are another. I'm glad to hear that they're adjusting the ratings. But like the OP stated, the animations for the elite players are still trash. They need to change everything from acceleration animations, to cuts etc. I know we've seen the double move animations posted by Ian a while back, but I hope that he has more in store for us.

Most importantly, I hope we get a wide variety of each animations, so we don't get tired of seeing the same ones over and over.
I agree, the animations do need an overhaul. I've seen quite a few very nice passes/catches in 2K5 that you never see anything close to in Madden. With the power these next-gen consoles have, there is some realllllyyy nice animations they could get in there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »