Home

NBA Live's DNA: Madden bound?

This is a discussion on NBA Live's DNA: Madden bound? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2009, 04:59 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
NBA Live's DNA: Madden bound?

I have a question for Ian and the devs. Is something like NBA lives DNA feature going to be added to the game? Where player and team specific data is downloaded and applied to the game, and how a specific team plays? It isn't vital, and if it isn't in this years title thats fine, but is something like that in the works for the future?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 05:01 AM   #2
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NBA Live's DNA: Madden bound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child Rebel
I have a question for Ian and the devs. Is something like NBA lives DNA feature going to be added to the game? Where player and team specific data is downloaded and applied to the game, and how a specific team plays? It isn't vital, and if it isn't in this years title thats fine, but is something like that in the works for the future?
This would work so much better than the roster updates we currently get, a day to day basis on trades free agent signings releases injuries etc.

This would eliminate people asking for ratings updates too, depending on how the player played last week will either upgrade or downgrade his performance, I like this.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:04 AM   #3
Banned

Is this something you'ed call a tech?
Old 03-27-2009, 05:08 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Is this something you'ed call a tech?
I don't think I fully understand your question?
Old 03-27-2009, 05:12 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
This would work so much better than the roster updates we currently get, a day to day basis on trades free agent signings releases injuries etc.

This would eliminate people asking for ratings updates too, depending on how the player played last week will either upgrade or downgrade his performance, I like this.
It'd be great. I really think NBA Live created or started a groundbreaking or revolutionizing aspect of sports gaming that will be implemented in games for years to come. Player and team specific tendencies, as well as roster updates everyday, amongst a host of other things? It's great for Live, and it'd be great for Madden. It'd have accurate run to pass ratios for teams, how many times a team throws the deep ball or across the middle. How many time a specific RB runs to the outside as apposed to the inside, blitz packages, etc. It'd do wonders for the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 05:12 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child Rebel
I don't think I fully understand your question?
Well the devs said theres a new tech never before seen in a Football game, and this hasent been in a football game. But would it be called a tech?
Old 03-27-2009, 05:14 AM   #7
Banned

Oh, ok. Yes, it'd be considered a "tech".
Old 03-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

"DNA" is crap.... its basically just a daily roster update. and live wouldnt even have it if 2k9 didnt come out with daily roster updates... they basically needed it just to say there game did it too...

its a worthelss feature in both games. a weekly orster update would work just as well.... half the time you cant tell any difference after the daily updates

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »