If they aint changing anything about it, it'll be another year untouched by me
Old 03-27-2009, 10:25 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRYder226
If they aint changing anything about it, it'll be another year untouched by me
Yea, I agree. I just can't get into it. I liked the way NCAA does their Campus Legend for the most part. It's slightly less boring.

Maybe EA can take a few ideas from Road to the Show and use them in Madden. Perhaps a game by game system in determining how much you can train and such. And maybe have in-game situations for you to complete. Maybe complete a big pass on 3rd down, or get that short yardage run for a first down.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #11
Pro

i haven't touched Superstar since MAdden 06 where i played it once, so i wouldnt even mind if it got removed from the game completely....but it probably wont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 12:02 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

i actually play Superstar Mode all the time, i could never get into Franchise Mode because the game is so unrealistic that playing against the computer is simply too boring & i end up using the same plays constantly because they work... at least when i play Superstar i am only controlling one person & im not calling the plays (i play HB) & i can just skip through everything else except for my time on the field

until Madden is realistic enough to make watching 2 CPUs playing each other slightly enjoyable, i dont think ill play Franchise Mode, ill just stick to Superstar...
Old 03-28-2009, 12:02 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by afro_dogg20
i haven't touched Superstar since MAdden 06 where i played it once, so i wouldnt even mind if it got removed from the game completely....but it probably wont
Old 03-28-2009, 12:57 AM   #14
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

I know some of you play Superstar mode, (even the way it is now) but unless it's getting huge upgrades I think it should be sacrificed to make more room for presentation, and a deeper franchise mode.

I'm sorry if this would make some of you angry, but on the priority list, I think Superstar is pretty low for most people.

This is only my opinion, so don't get all angry at me for expressing it. I think Superstar is an excellent idea, and it has a lot of potential, but like I said..... as it is now, it's taking up valuable space that could be used elewhere.

If they can free up enough space by removing some of the other things, like....

Rewind feature
Ring builder
Madden IQ ...???

then I'd be more than happy to see Superstar return.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:06 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron2k7
I know some of you play Superstar mode, (even the way it is now) but unless it's getting huge upgrades I think it should be sacrificed to make more room for presentation, and a deeper franchise mode.

I'm sorry if this would make some of you angry, but on the priority list, I think Superstar is pretty low for most people.

This is only my opinion, so don't get all angry at me for expressing it. I think Superstar is an excellent idea, and it has a lot of potential, but like I said..... as it is now, it's taking up valuable space that could be used elewhere.

If they can free up enough space by removing some of the other things, like....

Rewind feature
Ring builder
Madden IQ ...???

then I'd be more than happy to see Superstar return.
i agree 100% with that....i think that the Rewind feature should go regardless
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 01:48 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Superstar just has no depth. It gets repetative real fast. I hate how its handled as an RPG. It makes the game go by slow, and it feels sluggish. The training is pointless, theres no strategy to it really.

It needs major improvements for it to get some playability. Contracts need to mean something. Money should be a factor, should play some role.

Let me get personal trainers for certain things, make interviews more meaningful.

They could go really deep with this, but choose not to. Either not enough space, time, or whatever the case is, its not being implemented real well, and its not worth playing.

as of this point and probably for awhile

Franchise>>>>>SS Mode

even as of now.

But from my understanding if Franchise is getting a huge overhaul

Franchise>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SS Mode lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »