Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #33
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Superstar

I only play Superstar as QB. Basically, I make a rookie and set all their stats to 99, then play Superstar as my rookie. You literally feel like a one man team. I've rushed for a touchdown as a QB for 99 yards
Cast1e is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #34
Rookie
 
Megatron2k7's Arena
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Auburn, WI
Re: Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cast1e
I only play Superstar as QB. Basically, I make a rookie and set all their stats to 99, then play Superstar as my rookie. You literally feel like a one man team. I've rushed for a touchdown as a QB for 99 yards

Wow......that sounds like a lot of fun..............not...!

Way to keep it realistic ....


Just kidding bro..... but if that's what it takes for you to enjoy Superstar...... then it just helps prove the case of how bad it really is.
Megatron2k7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:37 PM   #35
MVP
 
PGaither84's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lima, Peru
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Superstar

I talked about this in another thread and I haven't seen anyone here talk about it here.

Superstar needs to be similar to Head Coach in my opinion. You should be on the sidelines, be able to watch the game and have the computer walk you out and off the field when you are supposed to be. Talking to the postion coach and cordinator and having the head coach talk to you would all be great. Improving the sound of the crowed and the other player's chatter is needed. Same thing when it isn't Sunday. Interviews, parties, film study, contracts etc.

There is so much potntial that we all know SS can achive, but also as said before EA did a PI$$ POOR job on SS and we can all see it.
PGaither84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #36
MVP
 
seriousluboy83's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Athens Of Florida
Re: Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I talked about this in another thread and I haven't seen anyone here talk about it here.

Superstar needs to be similar to Head Coach in my opinion. You should be on the sidelines, be able to watch the game and have the computer walk you out and off the field when you are supposed to be. Talking to the postion coach and cordinator and having the head coach talk to you would all be great. Improving the sound of the crowed and the other player's chatter is needed. Same thing when it isn't Sunday. Interviews, parties, film study, contracts etc.

There is so much potntial that we all know SS can achive, but also as said before EA did a PI$$ POOR job on SS and we can all see it.

that's a good idea
__________________
What's Understood Ain't Gotta Be Explained...But You Don't Understand Me So Let Me Explain...o_0
seriousluboy83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #37
MVP
 
PGaither84's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lima, Peru
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Superstar

Also, how great would it be if there was a GAME DAY preperation? Maybe make a bunch of cut sceens of pre-game, half time, and post-game talks by the coach? I can understand using genaric terms like "Thier reciver is killing us!" Even with genaric speak it gets you hyped up for the game adn into the game. 'Great job guys, and today's gameball goes to ---" and depending on your performance you can earn a game ball and so forth.

I think I would be asking too much but what about pre-game warm ups? maybe a little mini game you do a 1v1 drill with a player? For example WR/DB, O-Line/D-Line, if QB you throw some passes to your recivers. [I don't know what line backer would do] and the kicker could, well, kick at the net. A few reps and you are ready. Poorly done you get a small skill penalty, if you do alright no change adn doing them well means you are fully ready for game day and get a minor skill increase. You could choose to sim it for an average score.

All these things bring you into the game more. These are all truely presentation and lasting appeal that would make SS fun.
PGaither84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #38
MVP
 
seriousluboy83's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Athens Of Florida
Re: Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Also, how great would it be if there was a GAME DAY preperation? Maybe make a bunch of cut sceens of pre-game, half time, and post-game talks by the coach? I can understand using genaric terms like "Thier reciver is killing us!" Even with genaric speak it gets you hyped up for the game adn into the game. 'Great job guys, and today's gameball goes to ---" and depending on your performance you can earn a game ball and so forth.

I think I would be asking too much but what about pre-game warm ups? maybe a little mini game you do a 1v1 drill with a player? For example WR/DB, O-Line/D-Line, if QB you throw some passes to your recivers. [I don't know what line backer would do] and the kicker could, well, kick at the net. A few reps and you are ready. Poorly done you get a small skill penalty, if you do alright no change adn doing them well means you are fully ready for game day and get a minor skill increase. You could choose to sim it for an average score.

All these things bring you into the game more. These are all truely presentation and lasting appeal that would make SS fun.

def. if they could add these suggestions SS would do wonders for madden
__________________
What's Understood Ain't Gotta Be Explained...But You Don't Understand Me So Let Me Explain...o_0
seriousluboy83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #39
Banned
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal
Re: Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
And you know this how?
Are you kidding me?
DeLuX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:53 AM   #40
49ers
 
adembroski's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 5,613
Blog Entries: 20
Re: Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
Are you kidding me?
This conversation is going nowhere fast.
__________________
There are two types of people on OS: Those who disagree with me, and those who agree.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
adembroski is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.

Top -