Home

Please tell me we will be able to throw a slant pass in 10

This is a discussion on Please tell me we will be able to throw a slant pass in 10 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-28-2009, 11:17 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Please tell me we will be able to throw a slant pass in 10

I actually think that the slant routes are ok, outs with the outside recievers, comebacks to the sidelines with outside recievers, and the route where the reciever runs in at an angle and then up the field about 10yds and then a corner, are the routes that just dont work for me and if I do throw them they usaully end up in a pick. I however run a lot of short underneath crosses and outs, kind of west coast offense.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:21 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Please tell me we will be able to throw a slant pass in 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1

Out of 100 balls thrown: 19 completed, 34 intercepted, 47 tipped, swatted, or dropped. 19 out of 100. I used Romo & Owens.
I agree with this 100%. 34 ints sounds staggering but that's about right.

My biggest complaint with the slant route and pretty much any route is mainly 2 things; first you cannot put the ball where you want it, you just can't. If I want to put the ball over the WR's left shoulder and away from the defender, I can't do that, I'm at the mercy of what throwing animation I get. Sure I can tap the button, hold the button, move the stick to aim a little bit, but sometimes it feels like too much and sometimes too little.

Secondly is the WR's just do not fight for the ball. DB's will attack the ball and take the angle on the ball, while it seems like the WR's are more concerned with running the route perfectly. I admittedly complained in another thread about WR animations.

If I play against a team, CPU or human I don't care, who has a stud 90's + WR, I expect him to have some success, make some ridiculous passes, etc. It seems like in 08 WR's were too dominant so in 09 they just took everything away from them.

And Roll2Tide, you're telling me ALL the replay angles couldn't prove your point? I call BS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »