Home

Old 03-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Running Game

I think the big issue with the running game with 09 was that when you find a wide open hole as soon as you hit it all of your blockers just stopped blocking. Being a vikes fan and loving running with AP I would like to see better blocking so that I can use lots of running plays instead of three that worked. Has anyone else had problems with the running game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Running Game

The running game is fluid and realistic, however you are correct that the run BLOCKING is poor. The best you can do to play a sim stlye run gmae is to lay off the sprint, make your moves and cuts, try to make the first guy miss and hope for the best. You also have to keep at the ru nadn give different looks. I find that the sweeps are rough becasue of poor blocking.

I have seen some players who get fantastic blocking consistanly. so I don't know what I am doing wrong, or what they are doing so well.

When I played Blazin4QB we decied to switch teams in our 2ed game and he was able to get my 49ers to run block like I had never seen before. So many plays they held onto their blocks and would push my team back. When I use them, they abandon their assignments.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Running Game

Yea thats the same exact problem i have, that they abandon there assignments. It seems as soon as I get the first five yards all of my blockers let go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »