Home

Official player ratings

This is a discussion on Official player ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2009, 01:23 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Official player ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
Offensive linemen don't break tackles. Or make cuts. Or run fast.

Another thing: Learn to hide your bias. You are clearly a Bills fan. And in every one of your posts, you state that a new Bills player is better than a player who he is clearly not. Ex. Lynch > Peterson - not even close. Another was Roscoe Parish (sp) > Devin Hester in speed - just plain no. Another is this whole thread: http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showt...p?p=2039322469

Just try to keep the bias away when rating players, or else it does nothing for the Devs.
Well Lynch is a good RB he just isn't better than AP and some other elite RBs in the league I would say he is in the top 5 on my list.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:38 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 39

With the new ratings system and how spread out it will be, it's hard to predict accurately how the players will be rated...here's a couple off the top of my head.

QB:
Peyton Manning: 98
Tom Brady: 97 (only lower b/c of the injury)
Drew Brees: 93
Ben Roethlisberger: 90
Kurt Warner: 87
Matt Ryan: 86

RB:
Adrian Peterson: 97
Brian Westbrook: 93
DeAngelo Williams: 91
Michael Turner: 88
Clinton Portis: 87
Frank Gore: 86

WR:
Larry Fitzgerald: 99
Andre Johnson: 98
Steve Smith: 97
Randy Moss: 95
Calvin Johnson: 91
Reggie Wayne: 89
Brandon Marshall: 88
Braylon Edwards: 87

TE:
Jason Witten: 94
Antonio Gates: 91
Dallas Clark: 88
Tony Gonzalez: 87
Heath Miller: 86
Kellen Winslow: 86

Some Defensive Players

Nnamdi Asomugha: 98
DeMarcus Ware: 97
Ed Reed: 97
Troy Polamalu: 96
Bob Sanders: 95
Patrick Willis: 95
Albert Haynesworth: 91
Old 03-30-2009, 02:00 AM   #35
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
With the new ratings system and how spread out it will be, it's hard to predict accurately how the players will be rated...here's a couple off the top of my head.

QB:

RB:

WR:

TE:

Some Defensive Players

The recievers are too high, and Haynesworth too low. He is the difference between a tenth ranked run defense and a first. Absolute beast who demands double teams.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 02:06 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
The recievers are too high, and Haynesworth too low. He is the difference between a tenth ranked run defense and a first. Absolute beast who demands double teams.
Ya when he plays I am pretty sure all the Titans fans I have talked to about him said he only really played 50-60% of the downs, so he is a beast for half of the season....
Old 03-30-2009, 02:10 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:

QB:

RB:

WR:

TE:

Some Defensive Players

Its already been noted (unless they changed it without me knowing) in the new player rating philosophy blog that P. Manning, Fitz, and my main man P-Willie all have 99 ratings.

Because Im a noob, I cannot post the link, but it is the official EA blog by Donny Moore. 2nd sentence in the 4th paragraph...

Also I think Frank should be rated no lower than a 90 because I find it hard to believe he is not considered "Elite". I cant name more than 5 (not number-wise) that are better than frankie. Not elite speed, but his RB vision is great and he runs pound for pound harder than any back in the leauge. Plus he IS a threat in the passing game out the back field which is never brought up. I would give him a 90. I think that would be fair (trying not to be baised) if AP is a 97...

Last edited by Big_Mig_11; 03-30-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:22 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Mig_11
Its already been noted (unless they changed it without me knowing) in the new player rating philosophy blog that P. Manning, Fitz, and my main man P-Willie all have 99 ratings.

Because Im a noob, I cannot post the link, but it is the official EA blog by Donny Moore. 2nd sentence in the 4th paragraph...

Also I think Frank should be rated no lower than a 90 because I find it hard to believe he is not considered "Elite". I cant name more than 5 (not number-wise) that are better than frankie. Not elite speed, but his RB vision is great and he runs pound for pound harder than any back in the leauge. Plus he IS a threat in the passing game out the back field which is never brought up. I would give him a 90. I think that would be fair (trying not to be baised) if AP is a 97...
Yea I remember reading that now.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:31 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
Yes but players like Portis, Jackson, Slaton, and Lynch list above him since they all have worse OLs and still are tops in the NFL. Untill Peterson can prove that he can get 5 yds without a hole the size of the grand canyon, I dont see him as the best. Even LT had a worse OL last year. Then look at Taylor who has been one of the worst backs before comming to Minnesota and now he had 4 TDs, 400 yds, and a 4.0 carry as a backup. In the game that Peterson was injured last year he had around 200 yds.

Look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqDV5j7em68

Only 3 plays in the whole thing did he have to go threw much. On the chicago one it was a great broken tackle but he also had the leverage. The bears players werent tackling well trying to push him instead of wrap him up. Not only that but the saftey went flying in there and stopped the tackle on accident. Now heres a video of 2 power backs who dont have a OL

Lynch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTkhq5eqtho

Jackson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIMO57AZK0I

I still think Peterson is a good RB but hasnt been tested enough with a bad OL to be noted as great yet. Look at how LT fell apart when his OL did, same with Peterson at the end of the year.
Your forgeting that AP doesnt have a passing game and literally has 9 in the box. And why was chester one of the worst backs? You dont know football at all and especially nothing about my vikes
Old 03-31-2009, 02:00 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
No way the best DT in the past two years is at 91 overall, at all. He HAS to be doubled team and makes any DE look like Bruce Smith.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »