Home

Old 03-31-2009, 02:05 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Official player ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by July 4 1776
Your forgeting that AP doesnt have a passing game and literally has 9 in the box. And why was chester one of the worst backs? You dont know football at all and especially nothing about my vikes
Chester has always been a great backup an for one season was a great starter for you guys.....I don't know where 83evans got that info but it is wrong.

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
Untill Peterson can prove that he can get 5 yds without a hole the size of the grand canyon, I dont see him as the best. Even LT had a worse OL last year. Then look at Taylor who has been one of the worst backs before comming to Minnesota and now he had 4 TDs, 400 yds, and a 4.0 carry as a backup. In the game that Peterson was injured last year he had around 200 yds.

Look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqDV5j7em68

Only 3 plays in the whole thing did he have to go threw much. On the chicago one it was a great broken tackle but he also had the leverage. The bears players werent tackling well trying to push him instead of wrap him up. Not only that but the saftey went flying in there and stopped the tackle on accident. Now heres a video of 2 power backs who dont have a OL

Lynch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTkhq5eqtho

Jackson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIMO57AZK0I

I still think Peterson is a good RB but hasnt been tested enough with a bad OL to be noted as great yet. Look at how LT fell apart when his OL did, same with Peterson at the end of the year.
First, LT did not fall apart he played with 2 injuries, didn't miss a game and still managed to gain 1100, that would be great numbers for someone that's NOT LT.

Second, AP is... well AP, one of the BEST running backs in the league now. He doesn't have to be behind a garbage line to know that. He's a running back and he does what he suppose to do 98% (2% being the fumbles lol)

Chester Taylor couldn't do what AP does, so it's not the line. There's no excuses he had 100 Carries and only got 399 yards, it's CT not the line. Look at Darren Sproles, he only had 61 carries and got 399 yards. .. It's CT.

Last edited by ncaa07jones; 03-31-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:07 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Your forgeting that AP doesnt have a passing game and literally has 9 in the box. And why was chester one of the worst backs? You dont know football at all and especially nothing about my vikes

Jackson and Freotte are both better than Trent Edwards. You obviously know nothing about the bills.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:09 PM   #44
Pro

Heres my top 5 RBs

1. Steven Jackson
2. AD
3. LT
4. Gore
5. Turner

8. Lynch
Old 03-31-2009, 02:17 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 25

If there are more than 25 90+ ovr in the entire game, then the ratings is still flawed.

83-87 should be Very good players

74-82 good players

66-73 average talent

40-65 the rest

Games make 90 ovr the norm. Only the best of the best should ever break the 90+ mark. There are no way near that many GREAT players in the NFL. There are alot of VERY GOOD players and even then there should only be Low to Mid 80's TOPS.

IMHO the ONLY 90+ players should be (to name a few) Manning, Brady, Fitz, Willis, Haynesworth, Ed Reed, Asomougha. there should only be 3-4 more on that "ELITE" list. Maybe 5-6 since there are a few ELITE OL in the NFL.

AP is GREAT...But not ELITE. 87 would be a great mark. He fumbles alot, does get stopped behind the LOS more than most think and is average in the passing game. 98? NO (1 example and he just came to mind. No offense AP lovers)

I hope the ratings COMPLETELY change how we view players altogether. Players that are average should play like average players not superstars just becaus their speed and acc is high.

Cant wait to see how it plays out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 02:21 PM   #46
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
If there are more than 25 90+ ovr in the entire game, then the ratings is still flawed.

83-87 should be Very good players

74-82 good players

66-73 average talent

40-65 the rest

Games make 90 ovr the norm. Only the best of the best should ever break the 90+ mark. There are no way near that many GREAT players in the NFL. There are alot of VERY GOOD players and even then there should only be Low to Mid 80's TOPS.

IMHO the ONLY 90+ players should be (to name a few) Manning, Brady, Fitz, Willis, Haynesworth, Ed Reed, Asomougha. there should only be 3-4 more on that "ELITE" list. Maybe 5-6 since there are a few ELITE OL in the NFL.

AP is GREAT...But not ELITE. 87 would be a great mark. He fumbles alot, does get stopped behind the LOS more than most think and is average in the passing game. 98? NO (1 example and he just came to mind. No offense AP lovers)

I hope the ratings COMPLETELY change how we view players altogether. Players that are average should play like average players not superstars just becaus their speed and acc is high.

Cant wait to see how it plays out.

Like NHL 09. Vanek who is a top 10 player in the NHL is a 85-87. I forgot which.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:34 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Jackson and Freotte are both better than Trent Edwards. You obviously know nothing about the bills.
Quote:
Heres my top 5 RBs

1. Steven Jackson
2. AD
3. LT
4. Gore
5. Turner

8. Lynch
T Jack is better than Trent Edwards? Maybe his int ratio is but in 9 games t jack had only 1056 yards last season. thats a little more than 100 yards a game. He also had 5 fumbles. That really takes pressure off of AP. In reality with 9 in the box any decent QB should be able to rape defenses.

This is the T jack we all know and love. After he gets any preasure he throws like he did in the eagles playoff game in which he went 15-35 with 1 int and 1 fumble.

On to your second topic, that jackson is 1 in the league. What basis is that on? He had less yards, less touchdowns, A lower YPC, A shorter longest run, and 1 less fumble lost than AP. How is that better back material? You dont even have Deangelo on your list. How am I supposed respect a mans opinion that gives respect to t jack and says that Steven Jackson is the best in the league. He had 1 break out year and now hes an average decent back, but no NFL #1. Marshawn Lynch who you dissed is better than Steven Jackson statistically. He had more yards, Same yards per carry, more td's, more recieving yards, and only 1 lost fumble all season. Id love to hear your rebutle

Last edited by July 4 1776; 03-31-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:42 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:

Someone just pushed up on the lead blocking control....lmao...

Last edited by marktg30; 03-31-2009 at 02:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »