Home

Official player ratings

This is a discussion on Official player ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2009, 02:50 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Official player ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by July 4 1776
T Jack is better than Trent Edwards? Maybe his int ratio is but in 9 games t jack had only 1056 yards last season. thats a little more than 100 yards a game. He also had 5 fumbles. That really takes pressure off of AP. In reality with 9 in the box any decent QB should be able to rape defenses.

&nbsp
&nbsp

This is the T jack we all know and love. After he gets any preasure he throws like he did in the eagles playoff game in which he went 15-35 with 1 int and 1 fumble.

On to your second topic, that jackson is 1 in the league. What basis is that on? He had less yards, less touchdowns, A lower YPC, A shorter longest run, and 1 less fumble lost than AP. How is that better back material? You dont even have Deangelo on your list. How am I supposed respect a mans opinion that gives respect to t jack and says that Steven Jackson is the best in the league. He had 1 break out year and now hes an average decent back, but no NFL #1. Marshawn Lynch who you dissed is better than Steven Jackson statistically. He had more yards, Same yards per carry, more td's, more recieving yards, and only 1 lost fumble all season. Id love to hear your rebutle

Jackson, toughest RB in the NFL on the worst team other than Detroit. Jackson in a team like Minnessota would be incredible.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:58 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
Jackson, toughest RB in the NFL on the worst team other than Detroit. Jackson in a team like Minnessota would be incredible.
So you have a man crush on jackson? Untill AP got on the vikes we went 6-10 consistently.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:01 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
QB:
Matt Ryan 78
Aaron Rodgers 76

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go

% completition
Ryan: 61.1%
Rodgers: 63.6%

TD-INT
Ryan: 16-11
Rodgers: 28-13

Throws of 20+ yards, throws of 40+ yards
Ryan: 45, 9
Rodgers: 48, 16

QB Rating
Ryan: 87.7
Rodgers: 93.8

Rushing
Ryan: 55 att, 104 yards (1.9 avg), 1 TD
Rodgers: 56 att, 207 yards (3.7 avg), 4 TDs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 03:06 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgill85

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go

% completition
Ryan: 61.1%
Rodgers: 63.6%

TD-INT
Ryan: 16-11
Rodgers: 28-13

Throws of 20+ yards, throws of 40+ yards
Ryan: 45, 9
Rodgers: 48, 16

QB Rating
Ryan: 87.7
Rodgers: 93.8

Rushing
Ryan: 55 att, 104 yards (1.9 avg), 1 TD
Rodgers: 56 att, 207 yards (3.7 avg), 4 TDs
You know all rodgers needs to do is learn how to finish out games
Old 03-31-2009, 05:27 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by July 4 1776
You know all rodgers needs to do is learn how to finish out games
Correction...Have his D learn how to finish games.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:52 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 6

Wow the homerism in this thread is frightening

I'm not a Cutler fan but rating him only a 70 is absurd. And all these SD Chargers rated so highly? Laughable.

Anywho,carry on. It's a boring time of the year being a Madden fan and these types of threads give a few good laughs

But i'll throw a few Steelers ratings out there to get bashed...

Big Ben - 92

Ward - 90

Holmes - 88

Parker - 85

J. Harrison - 98

Polamalu - 98

Hampton - should only imo be a 90 at best

Aaron Smith - 95

Woodley - 88

Again,just what how i fairly see a few Steelers ratings.

Last edited by Luca Brasi; 03-31-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:00 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 24

I think Willie should be like a 81-83. It doesn't look like he's ever going to be an elite RB again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 07:06 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
The only thing I have a problem with is LT i don't believe as of right now that he's 98 until he proves that on the field, I believe he should be a little higher than he is now. but at least 99-96 carrying

The guy hardly ever fumbles the ball. I mean 1 fumble in 2008, and absolutly none in 2007, so make that 99 carrying EA at least give him that, b/c he was striped of everything else coming off his worst season.

Merriman also took a noticable dive in stats, definitly not as much as LT since he didn't play but I don't see how you can take his stats down b/c he only played one game. He also did not come off a busted season in 07 before not playing the 08 season. Check the stats!!!

Really hope EA didn't evaluate his skills based off that one game this season. B/c You rack up all the years between merriman and D ware and he is just as good if not better when comparing their seasons. The only thing that is noticable that merriman doesn't accomplish much that D ware has is interceptions.
THANK YOU someone! finally! LT's carrying rating should be 1000! I heard either Al michaels or colinsworth... somebody say that he only fumbles once every 360+ carries. Thats a whole year! and yes, he played with 2 injuries, didn't see as much time as he normally does, and still came away with 1100 yards. I say he should be 94/5. I think the speed drop is appropriate as of now since we don't know how his injuries have affected his overall speed. And maybe take away his acceleration but overall.... i don't see the need to take away his stats really.
And also thank you. I think D ware has gotten too much hype. Shawne Merriman is an absolute beast, and contributes so much to the Charger's D. They never went below 40 sacks when he played. And this year they had only 28! Listen, according to Chargers.com, the year he got drafted they had 46 sacks. the year before that they had 29. Then in either 2007 or 2006, they got 61!

I don't think AP should be rated higher than LT. I also don't think D ware should be rated higher than Merriman.
LT- 94/5
Merriman-98
Rivers-89/90
Big Ben- 91
Gates- 97
Brady - 98
P. Manning -97
Fitzgerald - 96
AP - 92
S. Holmes - 88
Shawn Phillips - 92
Sproles - 100!!!! jk. 85.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »